End of a bad week

Old May 5th 2015, 4:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of a bad week

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Thought I'd just pop in & say I'm still thinking about you & yours; hope you are all doing as well as can be expected.
Yes, thank you. Having all the little things cropping up at the moment...like step daughter reading something in a book that her mum was familiar with and wanting to say something about it to her.

Or coming across a grocery item like her favourite ice cream not opened yet.

And more....

But we're getting through.
Old May 5th 2015, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yes, thank you. Having all the little things cropping up at the moment...like step daughter reading something in a book that her mum was familiar with and wanting to say something about it to her.

Or coming across a grocery item like her favourite ice cream not opened yet.

And more....

But we're getting through.
Re bold: For what it's worth : my sister & I still do this. Mum's been gone 2 years. We still "talk" to her everyday [wobbly smilie]. We tend to worry when she replies !

Consuming the last "cooked/bought by mum" items from the freezer was tough .

X
Old May 5th 2015, 4:48 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Consuming the last "cooked/bought by mum" items from the freezer was tough .
This made me think of something I read a few weeks back. It's an emotional read, but it touches on the same stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/offmychest/c...ad_of_laundry/
Old May 5th 2015, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

That's a tough read, Schnooks.
Old May 5th 2015, 5:00 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

oh my. My deepest condolences to you, thats a terrible week.
Old May 5th 2015, 5:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...We tend to worry when she replies !

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
This made me think of something I read a few weeks back. It's an emotional read...
Tough alone. Luckily I'm not.
Old May 6th 2015, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Working with people to arrange Funerals I often warn them that it is not the big things that trip them up but the little things. The way someone might say something, a funny phrase, a weird habit, or even a special foodstuff that brings the tears, but often they bring smiles too. It's tough, you don't ever get over it, your just learn to live with it in a different way. Love and prayers to you all.
Old May 6th 2015, 3:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

For what it's worth : my sister & I still do this. Mum's been gone 2 years. We still "talk" to her everyday [wobbly smilie]. We tend to worry when she replies
Yup. Mum has been gone for 18 years and Dad for 6. If they ever reply back, I shall never speak to them again !

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
It's tough, you don't ever get over it, your just learn to live with it in a different way.
True. You do.

Day by day BristolUK. It is very early days yet but as you say, you will get through.

I read that your avatar is an urn BristolUK. It is beautiful.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:51 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by BEVS
I read that your avatar is an urn BristolUK. It is beautiful.
Yes it is. I was surprised what alternatives to traditional were available. It's called 'Teardrop' and sits on a shelf next to her dad's.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is. I was surprised what alternatives to traditional were available. It's called 'Teardrop' and sits on a shelf next to her dad's.
That's lovely. The traditional ones are very bleugh, that is a beautiful thing to have on display.
Old May 6th 2015, 2:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The urn is absolutely beautiful. You are going through the worst time of your life so be very patient with yourself, do not force yourself to do certain "milestones" by certain dates because someone has told you that you should. Each person experiences grief in their own unique way so remember that at all times and do not let anyone tell you what you should or should not be feeling. Yes there is a process to it all but there are no definite steps, no set path and also there is no set timeline but instead it is a series of taking little steps forward into the different life that you now lead.

If you want to shout and scream at someone feel free to pm me as I have been a bereavement counsellor for years so am unshockable and I have also walked the tightrope of bereavement as I lost my soulmate almost 3 years ago.

Rosemary
Old May 6th 2015, 3:04 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for the gorgeous urn.
Old May 6th 2015, 5:35 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know what your new avatar was Bristol, and I just Googled it and got a bigger picture, what a beautiful thing.
Old May 6th 2015, 5:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You don't forget, you just learn to cherish their memory - thinking of them brings a little smile and a chuckle of remembrance of something they said or did. Birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas are the hardest days, wishing they were still around to share them.

Thinking of you Bristol, I completely understand how hard it is but know that you can get through it. Don't let anyone tell you how you 'should' be feeling, just feel what ever, when ever.

<<hugs>>

Last edited by Siouxie; May 6th 2015 at 6:38 pm.
Old May 6th 2015, 6:29 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol, The urn is beautiful. Don't hurry your grief, don't bottle up your feelings and put on a brave face - no one expects you to be brave.

It's coming upto the three year anniversary of my Mum's passing, I can now look at her photos and not cry, I can't look for long at her mini urn, I feel at some point I need to scatter her ashes but I'm not ready and there is still a mini urn with googley eyes experiencing the everyday things (look for toots adventures on fb), when my sister is ready to let her go she will. I received a welcome to your new home card a week after Mum died, it was the last thing she ever wrote - I can't look at that. I cherish the smell of cigarette smoke when it strangely pervades the bedroom, it doesn't happen so much anymore.

Grief is hard, it's painful and can be debilitating and it can pop up from no where, all of a sudden, on a happy day, don't ever feel guilty if you need a moment to surrender to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.