Emma Raducanu!

Old Sep 15th 2021, 3:21 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emma Raducanu!

Originally Posted by dbd33
Post 2 doesn't criticize her amazing win. It argues that her amazing win is independent of her nationality as she's a multinational. It advances the idea that nationality isn't a reasonable criterion to categorize athletes, except perhaps for skiers, as they don't achieve or not achieve because of their current passport and many people, athletes or not, change their nationality over time.
I've had this argument at Hooters many times over the eons.

Lennox Lewis and especially Greg Rusedski are both British!
Old Sep 15th 2021, 3:27 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
Can't understand why you need to shoot bullets at her parents origins and ethnicity. Is this High school?
This is one of greatest achievements of ANY sport. The kid just finished her A-levels 4 weeks before the US tournament and blew away the opposition.
its magnified by the fact that its the first British girl since the 70s. That's the point you can't deal with and hurts you somehow? Unbelievable you've turned this into a race debate.
JerseyGirl you can go ahead close the thread now.

You need to take a chill pill, dear. I couldn't be happier for the young lady, it's a tremendous achievement, no doubt about it. I don't give a monkey's where she or her parents come from, nor what colour her skin is, nor what language(s) she speaks at home. But you'd be naive in the extreme if you think that that is true of all the people who have offered their hypocritical congratulations. Farage, for example, actively campaigned about the horridness of having Romanians living in the house next door to you. Morgan reacts like a gammon-faced firework whenever someone makes a gesture in support of anti-racism.

For all their fawning and hurrah-ing, they'd turn on her in an instant if she 'did a Rashford'.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 4:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I've had this argument at Hooters many times over the eons.

Lennox Lewis and especially Greg Rusedski are both British!
Zola Budd too.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 4:38 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

For all their fawning and hurrah-ing, they'd turn on her in an instant if she 'did a Rashford'.
your wrong. She did as you say "do a rashford" and flopped massively at wimbledon this year. Anyone with brain cells are not going to take her down or comment on the colour of her skin or where her parents are from.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1920437.html
John McEntroe didn't snipe at her origins. She prob succumbed to the stress of the expectations last June.
Then she does the impossible about month later and the Neanderthals crawl out of woodwork to harp on around actual origins.

So are we all Delusional? Or is it you?

The hurrahs come as I said are definitely NOT misplaced. She's great example of a british state school system and finally a good product of the British LTA . Not sure why this hurts folks or there is a thinking she's not British lets just like we achieved anyway.

To me and most of south London. She's 100% British and achieved the impossible and a eagles fan ,. Come on the palace!

https://www.bromley.gov.uk/news/arti...n_tennis_final

Feel free to chastise my grammar on here all you like DBD33 behind your keyboard....

Last edited by BritCanadaNewbie; Sep 15th 2021 at 4:47 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 4:55 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

your wrong. She did as you say "do a rashford" and flopped massively at wimbledon this year. Anyone with brain cells are not going to take her down or comment on the colour of her skin or where her parents are from.

John McEntroe didn't snipe at her origins. She prob succumbed to the stress of the expectations last June.
Then she does the impossible about month later and the Neanderthals crawl out of woodwork to harp on around actual origins.

The hurrahs come as I said are definitely NOT misplaced. She's great example of a british state school system and finally a good product of the British LTA . Not sure why this hurts folks or there is a thinking she's not British lets just like we achieved anyway.

To me and most of south London. She's 100% British and achieved the impossible and a eagles fan ,. Come on the palace!

Feel free to chastise my grammar on here all you like DBD33 behind your keyboard....
Doing a 'Rashford" refers to his campaign to feed hungry children. https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-school-meals

What were you associating doing a "Rashford" with? Feeding children is a more noble cause than any sporting achievement.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:00 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Zola Budd too.
Andy Murray. British when he wins. Scottish when he loses.

I won't have that one any other way.

I quite like him though.

I'm still available to represent my country- whether it is England, Canada or Zimbabwe the phone waits for the call.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You are posting to (mostly) British citizens, Brits that were born and raised in the UK, and have gone through the British school system, on a British Expat forum…people who are proud to be British.

You may think she is 100% British and you may think you can speak for the people in South London, but that doesn’t make it correct. It doesn’t matter how loud you shout, the fact is, she is a Canadian/British citizen. She may have inherited other nationalities…but the fact is she has multi citizenships.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 15th 2021 at 5:03 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:39 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

I'm surprised that no one has drawn the correlation between Andreescu and Raducanu both really being Romanian. That's two of the last three US open winners from the same place. Tennis scouts should be all over it!
Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

your wrong. She did as you say "do a rashford" and flopped massively at wimbledon this year. .
"You're" ffs.

She didn't flop at Wimbledon. She didn't have a career high spectacular run but she played well until illness prevented her from advancing further.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:50 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You may think she is 100% British and you may think you can speak for the people in South London, but that doesn’t make it correct. It doesn’t matter how loud you shout, the fact is, she is a Canadian/British citizen. She may have inherited other nationalities…but the fact is she has multi citizenships.
Excuse me Shouting? don't think so & You've missed the point I think. This thread was congratulate a British girl with a great win. All we've had from the 2nd post is where her parents are from. The fact that I've posted on here was to also to give a shout out to Toronto too as she was born here and some ways I'm kinda grateful that Toronto gave us a great athlete to be nurtured in England . Don't think she would have ended up where she is if she remained in Canada. The tennis club here in Toronto are super expensive and full of dbags.
The spawning of the ethnicities and race debate seems be to where the roads led.. I really don't understand why...
Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:50 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

"You're" ffs.

She didn't flop at Wimbledon. She didn't have a career high spectacular run but she played well until illness prevented her from advancing further.
It was a career high run at the time. Enough to draw mass media attention.

It's shameful that the far right describe a learning experience that was a vital stepping stone in her tennis development as a "flop". Then try to attach themselves to latter success. It's all down to the Murdoch media that they read.

Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:51 pm
Banned

"You're" ffs.
watch your language too
Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

It was a career high run at the time. Enough to draw mass media attention.
Fair enough.

It's shameful that the far right describe a learning experience that was a vital stepping stone in her tennis development as a "flop". Then try to attach themselves to latter success. It's all down to the Murdoch media that they read.

The same with the misunderstanding of Rashford's fame. Presumably the poster who liken Rashford and Raducanu was thinking of the penalty shoot out.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 6:51 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Zola Budd too.
and Shamima Begum, she's in the news a lot these days.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

She is 18, she left Canada at 2, she spent her formative years in the UK and most of her life in the UK, she is just as British in my books as anyone else.

Sure she has Canadian citizenship by birth, but appears she spent very little of her life in Canada, so for all we know she has no attachment to Canada just happened to be born here and gained citizenship.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.