Electronic gadgets

Old Nov 21st 2018, 4:49 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electronic gadgets

Originally Posted by Danny B
3 wireless security cameras. One inside and 2 outside, I couldn't live without them now, peace of mind when we are away from home.
How do they work. Do they send photos/stream to a website or your phone?
Old Nov 21st 2018, 4:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Ironic that you should post that , Ben is actually in the process of designing and building a replica, it'll be motion activated to freak people out as they walk in

Will it sing Daisy?
Old Nov 21st 2018, 4:53 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Will it sing Daisy?
Did HAL do that? What's Daisy?
Old Nov 21st 2018, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
We just got a British Gas smart meter which provides hourly data on usage. It has a nice little electronic monitor which can be situated anywhere in the house, and provides various data. It's supposed to integrate with the BG website and app to give detailed usage graphs and visual, but of course that's not working. Three phone calls to BG (India) call centre have not resolved it. Sometimes all this new tech is just a bag of new problems.

I wish BC Hydro for electricity provided real time usage, they have smart meters but best they do is provide the info the next day via website, I just like real time data lol

Forgot we had a wireless security camera, although its not plugged in or in use.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 21st 2018 at 5:02 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 5:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else having nightmare scenarios of Demon Seed meets Colossus: The Forbin Project
Old Nov 21st 2018, 5:03 pm
Oscar nominated

Did HAL do that? What's Daisy?
The song it sings when being deactivated.

Old Nov 21st 2018, 5:09 pm
Yo

The song it sings when being deactivated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7WQ1tdxSqI
Oh yeah. Quite a sad scene. You seem to know 2001 very well...but do you have the LP?!
Old Nov 21st 2018, 5:42 pm
Oscar nominated

Oh yeah. Quite a sad scene. You seem to know 2001 very well...but do you have the LP?!
There's an LP? Soundtrack or story? I have a jazzed up version by Deodato

I have an LP of Dougal And The Blue cat with the story
Old Nov 21st 2018, 5:53 pm
Yo

There's an LP? Soundtrack or story? I have a jazzed up version by Deodato https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0rDBncLS6k

I have an LP of Dougal And The Blue cat with the story
​The original LP music soundtrack. Was into Also sprach Zarathustra (Strauss - opening theme) from a young age. ​​​​​​

Deodato - hadn't heard it - a bit too jazzy for my liking.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 6:39 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 21st 2018, 7:31 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

How do they work. Do they send photos/stream to a website or your phone?
They are nest cams and they are all connected to my WiFi. I created zones that I need monitored and whenever someone or something enters into the zones, it sends me an alert. I then open the app and look at the live stream. You can rewind etc.

I'm probably not doing it justice, but it streams live and saves 5 days worth of footage to the cloud. Do a Google for outdoor nest cam, I have the cheaper (older) version, not the 4k model.

The indoor camera we use to keep an eye on our dogs. When the puppy was going through his chewing phase, we could use the app and shout at him through the phone which would enable the speaker on the camera. He would look up and stop chewing my table leg.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 8:32 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Danny B
They are nest cams and they are all connected to my WiFi. I created zones that I need monitored and whenever someone or something enters into the zones, it sends me an alert. I then open the app and look at the live stream. You can rewind etc.

I'm probably not doing it justice, but it streams live and saves 5 days worth of footage to the cloud. Do a Google for outdoor nest cam, I have the cheaper (older) version, not the 4k model.

The indoor camera we use to keep an eye on our dogs. When the puppy was going through his chewing phase, we could use the app and shout at him through the phone which would enable the speaker on the camera. He would look up and stop chewing my table leg.
I've been looking at something similar on Amazon/ebay but they all seem to be viewable on a phone app rather than a website. My preference was to a website so it could be a wireless webcam.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 8:34 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Excellent
Old Nov 21st 2018, 9:11 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking at something similar on Amazon/ebay but they all seem to be viewable on a phone app rather than a website. My preference was to a website so it could be a wireless webcam.
Yes you can view these cameras via a website as well as through their app. I used to work nights so I would load up the website and have it on one of my screens to look at whenever my phone buzzed. It may seem like a gimmick, but DIY home security is getting really good nowadays.