Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Electrical Assistance please

Electrical Assistance please

Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:03 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electrical Assistance please

Since yesterday my stove keeps tripping the fuse switch. It seems to happen when the oven and 3 of the hob thingys (technical speak) are on.

The stove is just over a year old so out of warranty..oh joy.

Thanks in advance

:0)
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:07 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrical Assistance please

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Since yesterday my stove keeps tripping the fuse switch. It seems to happen when the oven and 3 of the hob thingys (technical speak) are on.

The stove is just over a year old so out of warranty..oh joy.

Thanks in advance

:0)
Too much oomph all at once. Pulling too much current. Has it just started doing this? It should have its own breaker.. does it?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

It should also have it's own (bigger) supply thingy - technical speak also.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ann m
It should also have it's own (bigger) supply thingy - technical speak also.
220 doodads, that's why it has its own supply thingy and nothing else should be on that circuit. If it is your wiring is crap.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:20 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the flux capacitor.

Seriously, what the other two experts said.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:42 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Get some smaller pans.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:55 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
220 doodads, that's why it has its own supply thingy and nothing else should be on that circuit. If it is your wiring is crap.
Yar it is on it's own circuit and it keeps tripping that circuit. I am assuming that because it has only just started doing this - it is about to completely blow up or something.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

Yar it is on it's own circuit and it keeps tripping that circuit. I am assuming that because it has only just started doing this - it is about to completely blow up or something.
Well stop using all those rings then. Electric thingies need electricity jiggling through them before they go bang and the circuit breaker is doing what it's supposed to do.

Is just one element combined with any two others, or any old three?? I suppose you've tried to narrow it down.

I think you need to get a person out to look at it. I wouldn't use the oven on timer tho...
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Well stop using all those rings then. Electric thingies need electricity jiggling through them before they go bang and the circuit breaker is doing what it's supposed to do.

Is just one element combined with any two others, or any old three?? I suppose you've tried to narrow it down.

I think you need to get a person out to look at it. I wouldn't use the oven on timer tho...
Nah I don't anyway - no idea how to use it! I think it is the back ring that is causing the issue.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Does it happen the moment you switch the last one on? or is it after a short while?

If the latter than try 10 minutes each one by itself to see if its a problem with one on reaching temp.

You really need an electrician to check the current on each one to see what each takes.

What size is the breaker?

Do you have any tech description on what each component takes (each ring and the oven).
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by PeterF
Does it happen the moment you switch the last one on? or is it after a short while?

If the latter than try 10 minutes each one by itself to see if its a problem with one on reaching temp.

You really need an electrician to check the current on each one to see what each takes.

What size is the breaker?

Do you have any tech description on what each component takes (each ring and the oven).
It is after a while - like 20/30 mins or so

It is on a 220 - the whole house was re-wired a year ago so it should be completely fine.

Thank you x
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Does the breaker feel good and solid when you reset it or is it wonky? I'm assuming if it just started happening the breaker's the right amperage.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:22 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you need to wire it up to a block heater to get it going
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:22 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Nah I don't anyway - no idea how to use it! I think it is the back ring that is causing the issue.
Feeling your pain <nods sympathetically>
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Feeling your pain <nods sympathetically>
LOL MANDY!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.