Election 2021

Old Aug 25th 2021, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election 2021

“Progressive Conservatives” in Ontario from the 1990s are not actually “Conservative Party of Canada” regardless your ideology.

Here is O’Toole’s policy on dealing with the drug addiction crisis: https://www.conservative.ca/conserva...opioid-crisis/

Noticed you are more of a writer than a reader so here is a short summary: Addiction is to be treated as a health issue. Safe injection sites. New beds. Spending on mental health.

Now show me similarities in the platform of the 90s Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario and I will buy your argument. Pure hypothetical ideological la-la is also very interesting but I’ve read plenty.

While you are at it, google for stats on homelessness and you’ll find that it was increasing under the previous Federal Government but nowhere near as fast as under this Liberal government (even before Covid). To be fair, I am not sure how accurate these stats are, but the trends make sense. Out of interest, do you visit Toronto or Vancouver? Anecdotal, I know, but if you do then you know what I mean.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 11:31 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mordko
Pardon? “Such names”?
Pretty obvious. Don't play dumb.
Just look at the words you used and then consider your mention of Pierre Trudeau from last century.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 11:38 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

“Progressive Conservatives” in Ontario from the 1990s are not actually “Conservative Party of Canada” regardless your ideology.

Here is O’Toole’s policy on dealing with the drug addiction crisis: https://www.conservative.ca/conserva...opioid-crisis/

Noticed you are more of a writer than a reader so here is a short summary: Addiction is to be treated as a health issue. Safe injection sites. New beds. Spending on mental health.

Now show me similarities in the platform of the 90s Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario and I will buy your argument. Pure hypothetical ideological la-la is also very interesting but I’ve read plenty.

While you are at it, google for stats on homelessness and you’ll find that it was increasing under the previous Federal Government but nowhere near as fast as under this Liberal government (even before Covid). To be fair, I am not sure how accurate these stats are, but the trends make sense. Out of interest, do you visit Toronto or Vancouver? Anecdotal, I know, but if you do then you know what I mean.
I visit Vancouver occasionally, Toronto whenever we run out of cheese, approximately fortnightly.

I'm afraid you're in the position of a man selling a Lada. You say this Lada is a new and different Lada but we've had Ladas before.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Pretty obvious. Don't play dumb.
Just look at the words you used and then consider your mention of Pierre Trudeau from last century.
It was an example of what rapidly increasing debt and money supply does to the inflation. The same “I don’t think about monetary policy” type of approach and so relevant to Trudeau Jr. Not irrelevant mention of a politician I don’t like who had different policies in a different jurisdiction.

Last edited by Mordko; Aug 25th 2021 at 12:08 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33

I'm afraid you're in the position of a man selling a Lada. You say this Lada is a new and different Lada but we've had Ladas before.
You do realize that Canada had Conservative governments in this century, right?
Old Aug 25th 2021, 1:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It was an example of what rapidly increasing debt and money supply does to the inflation. The same “I don’t think about monetary policy” type of approach and so relevant to Trudeau Jr. Not irrelevant mention of a politician I don’t like who had different policies in a different jurisdiction.
As I said, hypocrisy that you think your reason for mentioning a name from the past is fine but for someone else it's something to be ridiculed.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BristolUK
As I said, hypocrisy that you think your reason for mentioning a name from the past is fine but for someone else it's something to be ridiculed.
You are more than welcome to ridicule me for mentioning Trudeau.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 25th 2021, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Max can promise absolutely anything because there is zero risk of him even getting into parliament. And he chooses to claim that climate change is unproven. Ok.

I do love it how Max claims that he is our only hope. Always good when a politician has a sense of humour.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 6:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
It's a grim choice and the ppc is the grimmest.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 10:23 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by shelley748
<snip picture>
Our resident conspiracy theorist promotes conspiracy theorist and denier.

Consistent.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 7:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know enough about this EKOS Research to say one way or another if they have good track record or anything, but the charts are still interesting.

Kind of surprised so many low income folks support the Liberal Party, they really don't do anything to help low income, guess its fear of conservatives that keep people voting Liberal, such a messed up system really.

https://www.ekospolitics.com/index.p...ugust-26-2021/

Old Aug 27th 2021, 7:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Nano's poll.

Old Aug 27th 2021, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

If recent polls translate into votes then Trudeau/Freeland come back to rule as a minority government, propped up by the NDP. The Liberal vote is much more efficient than the conservative one and winning by a large margin in Alberta does not help Tories if they lose by a small margin in Ontario. So the the additional cost and debt and a bunch of new even dumber policies will be the only impacts of this election.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

If recent polls translate into votes then Trudeau/Freeland come back to rule as a minority government, propped up by the NDP. The Liberal vote is much more efficient than the conservative one and winning by a large margin in Alberta does not help Tories if they lose by a small margin in Ontario. So the the additional cost and debt and a bunch of new even dumber policies will be the only impacts of this election.
I'm wondering what # of seats for the Liberals if they got a minority government would cause Justin Trudeau to resign from the leadership. Pre 2019 election they had 177 seats, post election they had 157. Current polls put the Liberals at 141 seats, the Conservatives at 133

https://338canada.com/

The lustre from Justin is waning and my realistic goal is that this election is his downfall. All in all, I don't find him a very inspiring leader.

My riding is a close Liberal/Conservative race but I'm pretty sure my vote won't help either. I'm voting for the candidate who I've met and was inspired by but realistically doesn't have a chance.

I think I'm like many in Canada that are fed up with the antics/whipped votes and caustic tone of federal politics of the big 3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.