The Economy

Old Apr 16th 2020, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Economy

Originally Posted by DandNHill
In the short term, are you claiming CERB? That should cover your rent and food? Between the two of you I mean...
Not eligible for CERB.

Old Apr 16th 2020, 9:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Not eligible for CERB.
have you received the $1200 USD from the US yet? Several on here have already received it direct to their bank account.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
have you received the $1200 USD from the US yet? Several on here have already received it direct to their bank account.
No haven't heard anything from the US. The IRS doesn't have my Canadian banking info anyhow and doubt they would auto direct to foreign accounts, they do have my address on file or should as I have sent in returns each year.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No haven't heard anything from the US. The IRS doesn't have my Canadian banking info anyhow and doubt they would auto direct to foreign accounts, they do have my address on file or should as I have sent in returns each year.
May take a while if it’s by snail mail.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Not eligible for CERB.
Are you sure? When did you stop work?
Old Apr 17th 2020, 12:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Are you sure? When did you stop work?
October 2019.

I never started the job in February this year, it was an offer to start March 3, but the training was suspended back east due to COVID then rescheduled for April then rescheduled for end of March and then rescinded indefinitely as they do not know when training will start or if they will still have a need to fill the position.

I also didn't earn $5,000 in 2019. I only worked 3 months in total in 2019.

My wife worked until early February 2020, but her loss of employment wasn't due to COVID, it was due to mental health issue, she had a bit of a manic relapse end of January. So while she earned more than 5,000 in 2019, she didn't lose her job due to COVID.

As far as I can tell that makes neither of us eligible.

Old Apr 17th 2020, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Looks like the Toronto Zoo is in need of financial support.

Calgary Zoo appears to possibly be on the same track, and Vancouver Aquarium as well.

Has to be rough for these organizations to lose pretty all their revenue with no warning really.