earthquake!

Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:35 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold
Default earthquake!

Did anyone else on the west coast feel it? About 20 mins ago 5.15am? It woke me up - bed rocking (haha), pictures banging on the wall, something fell over...

WIDE AWAKE, now.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:40 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: earthquake!

Originally Posted by hwp
Did anyone else on the west coast feel it? About 20 mins ago 5.15am? It woke me up - bed rocking (haha), pictures banging on the wall, something fell over...

WIDE AWAKE, now.
I thought you were in Ontario?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hwp

WIDE AWAKE, now.
Macavity, the mystery HWP now residing on the west coast..........earth move, eh?

You ok??
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:07 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by G586
You ok??
Oh yes!

I LOVE earthquakes... very energising!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:08 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

http://www.cfax1070.com/newsstory.php?newsId=7876

"THERE'S BEEN AN EARTHQUAKE IN NORTHWEST WASHINGTON STATE...BIG ENOUGHJ TO BE FELT BY MANY PEOPLE IN THE VICTORIA REGION.

IT REGISTRERED 4.6 IN INTENSITY...AT 5:25 THIS MORNING.

THE EPICENTRE WAS A LITTLE OVER 20 KILOMETRES NORTHWEST OF SEATTLE."

That's not me shouting...
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:16 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hwp

"THERE'S BEEN AN EARTHQUAKE IN NORTHWEST WASHINGTON STATE...BIG ENOUGHJ TO BE FELT BY MANY PEOPLE IN THE VICTORIA REGION.

Not a biggy, then. But what are you doing out there?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't feel it out in the fraser valley. 4.6 is small, nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:59 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hwp

WIDE AWAKE, now.
It was the Seattle quake, I think it registered 4.6.

Last edited by startwin; Jan 30th 2009 at 3:00 pm. Reason: Oops, just read the posts following the original. Sorry.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Redoubt Volcano, 100 miles outside of Anchorage, AK, is due to erupt at any time. The earth has been trembling for a week or so now. Sure that the tremors from the volcano and the few west coast earthquakes are all tied in together.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:09 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hwp

On January 8 I was in San Jose, Costa Rica when a quake happened. It was 6.2 and I was 20 kms from the epicentre which was the volcano Poas. It was a few seconds before I realized what was happening and the locals started running. There was considerable damage to buildings and several people lost their lives. It wasn't much fun or energizing.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:16 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Redoubt Volcano, 100 miles outside of Anchorage, AK, is due to erupt at any time. The earth has been trembling for a week or so now. Sure that the tremors from the volcano and the few west coast earthquakes are all tied in together.

Perhaps, distantly... in that it's all in the 'pacific rim of fire' zone. The earth is always trembling here (Vancouver Island). It's just not often that it's felt and so strongly.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Slept right through it.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Didnt feel a thing in the Fairfield area of Victoria, and we were up with the kids!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by willmore
Didnt feel a thing in the Fairfield area of Victoria, and we were up with the kids!
No nothing felt up here in Naniamo either, but just to be on the safe side 24 hour emergency pack now at the ready
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Ooh yeah, good idea, I'm off down the liquor store

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.