Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dutch student flies to the wrong Sydney ....

Dutch student flies to the wrong Sydney ....

Old Apr 1st 2017, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dutch student flies to the wrong Sydney ....

Did you read the one about the Dutch student who was trying to get to Australia ... ?

Dutch student flies to Sydney, Nova Scotia by accident - BBC News

His dad had a laugh anyway!
Old Apr 1st 2017, 1:35 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch student flies to the wrong Sydney ....

I believe there was one a few years ago...or the other way around.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 2:08 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I believe there was one a few years ago...or the other way around.
The linked article cites two previous instances of people ending up in Sydney, NS when they wanted "the other one" - one British, and curiously another Dutch one.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 6:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't read the link but I think there was some elderly lady who did it a few years back. Made me chuckle then as well.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 6:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Bahahahahahahaaa!! Wot a wally
Old Apr 1st 2017, 11:28 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The linked article cites two previous instances of people ending up in Sydney, NS when they wanted "the other one" - one British, and curiously another Dutch one.
I heard this one on the radio so I didn't read.

I do remember I had major doubts about a previous example and posting all the reasons for my disbelief. But it may have been on a different forum.

A quick google trying to find it shows an Italian example so not just Dutch and Brits.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 1:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the student tourists who set their GPS for North Stradbroke island in Australia - and followed it faithfully, driving straight into the ocean
GPS Tracking Disaster: Japanese Tourists Drive Straight into the Pacific - ABC News