Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Drinks at The Scotland Yard (Toronto)- Friday November 30th

Drinks at The Scotland Yard (Toronto)- Friday November 30th

Old Nov 16th 2012, 11:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drinks at The Scotland Yard (Toronto)- Friday November 30th

Originally Posted by JimLondon
Is this an open invitation for any expat? We arrived about 6 weeks ago and would be good to meet up with some expats.
As a rule it is. Usually the crowd will be in "the library", part of the pub around to the left from the front door. If you find yourself in a bog or a restaurant full of children you haven't turned left enough.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 11:42 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

At about 10pm, a mariachi band will come in and do a circuit round the pub. If you look closely at the 4th member of the band, you'll notice that he looks a lot less Mexican than the others... Scottish even. In breaks between songs you'll note that he's mouthing the words "Help Me".

Word of advice... Canadian work permits that are issued in the back rooms of Bermondsey minicab offices sometimes aren't all what they seem.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 1:16 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Too much fruit.

<sorry to hear this mate>
Some what self induced and recklessly irresponsible.

I went hard pretty much 6 days straight. 44 pints, 7 glasses of red wine and a lot of shots.

A good wake up call, never again and lesson to others!

The pain has subsided thanks to some decent medication so hopefully I can have a couple on the 30th but definitely going easy for a month or two.

Last edited by JamesM; Nov 16th 2012 at 1:28 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 1:18 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
As a rule it is. Usually the crowd will be in "the library", part of the pub around to the left from the front door. If you find yourself in a bog or a restaurant full of children you haven't turned left enough.
Most of the fellas are bald and one looks like Gandalf. That failing listen closely to the lingo.

I'll be the loser sipping the glass of water and sheepishly eating his sweet potato fries.

Last edited by JamesM; Nov 16th 2012 at 1:21 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 2:21 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Most of the fellas are bald and one looks like Gandalf. That failing listen closely to the lingo.

I'll be the loser sipping the glass of water and sheepishly eating his sweet potato fries.
Quote and I'll be the female version of that . no booze for me either
Old Nov 16th 2012, 3:01 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Those that fall for this deserve what they get. Better permits can be obtained at Pacific Mall in Markham for a fraction of the price

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Word of advice... Canadian work permits that are issued in the back rooms of Bermondsey minicab offices sometimes aren't all what they seem.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 4:15 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Some what self induced and recklessly irresponsible.

I went hard pretty much 6 days straight. 44 pints, 7 glasses of red wine and a lot of shots.

A good wake up call, never again and lesson to others!

The pain has subsided thanks to some decent medication so hopefully I can have a couple on the 30th but definitely going easy for a month or two.
That's a poor showing. Unless you're pissing bloody out of your arse get back on it.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:48 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Looking forward to Friday.

Did we reserve a table last time or was it secured just by pitching up?

Medication is going well but I think it may be a week to soon for me to have a beer. None the less looking forward to seeing everybody.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:49 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Once again I am working Friday evening
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:51 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

we'll have a drink on your behalf, Gin was it?

Originally Posted by bats
Old Nov 26th 2012, 5:09 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

You don't like big cities anyway.....remember?

Originally Posted by bats
Old Nov 26th 2012, 5:27 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Are you going. I hope you are.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 5:43 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Myself and better half were really hoping to make it on Friday but unfortunately wont be able to. In another 6 months for the next one.

Hope you all have a good one don't be sensible and behave yourselves..

Cheers

&
Old Nov 27th 2012, 2:38 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
No, I like big cities, I don't much like Toronto. MOH hates cities large and small.

I do like a drinkie with the lovely BE peeps which is why one day I will be there but so far every bloody time it's arranged I am working.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

What time are people planning to get there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.