downs and ups.

Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: downs and ups.

I agree with you Morwenna. It is probably a good thing. I hate to put people off university but I have a friend who did finish high school, but that is all. He went into a plumbing apprenticeship. He appears to have plenty of money. Plumbing is highly in demand now and the only reason I get my jobs done quickly is because I have known this guy since he was about 15. He can probably charge pretty much what he wants and people will pay it.

If your son gets a job with an electrical firm and decides he likes it. Once he gets his journeymans he will be very much in demand. Its even worse here to find an electrician than it is to find a plumber! I bet its no different in Alberta or lots of other places.

So far as I am concerned I would think what I would want for my granddaughter - my sons are both employed - is that she would be happy doing whatever she decides to do and that she earns enough money to do the things she wants to do. And that does not always mean that you have to have a university degree!