British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Don't you just love your neighbours!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/dont-you-just-love-your-neighbours-753584/)

Novocastrian Apr 3rd 2012 12:19 am

Re: Don't you just love your neighbours!!

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9986011)
The dirty cow. :thumbdown:

I had a similar experience to the one you described earlier. Polish immigrants next door with only paper thin walls between us and them (have I mentioned we're British?). All sorts of racket going on all night on bleeding accordians, the whole lot pissed out of their heads on wodka and bleeding peach schnapps.

Couldn't get a wink of sleep at a weekend for bleeding months on end.

Well, I'd had enough, I suppose the OP can sympathize, so what did I do? I'll tell you, I got two barky terriers and wired their testicles to the mains. Hah, that stopped it. Whenever the Polacks got rowdy, I just turned on the juice.

And then here's the beauty. I went out for a walk.

They turned out to be ex-military gypsies so you've got to be a bit understanding.

But really. Nowt but chavs around here these days. And the odd ludicrous grumpy former Scottish twit.

mandymoochops Apr 3rd 2012 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Keelif (Post 9985072)
Thats good to hear as its Nova Scotia we are looking at :D

:rofl: bahahahaha if you hadn't have said that already that would have been my first guess for your destination :thumbup:

AmyDavid Apr 3rd 2012 9:34 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 9986245)
:rofl: bahahahaha if you hadn't have said that already that would have been my first guess for your destination :thumbup:

Oy! What do you mean? NS is sprinkled with us wonderful Brits!

airbornesapper Apr 3rd 2012 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 9984974)
Unfortunately Canada lets in lots of British council house chavs and ex-military types, so I'm afraid there's simply no getting away from them.

The story is SAD....So are you....Nuff said...

airbornesapper Apr 3rd 2012 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Keelif (Post 9984978)
Whats wrong with ex military lol?

Its a shame we cant dump them all on an island somewhere....oh wait didnt we already try that with Australia once :p

I will bite....for some reason the word "Idiot"....springs to mind....insert LOL...

airbornesapper Apr 3rd 2012 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Keelif (Post 9985064)
Its horrible when you feel intimidated in your own house.

Maybe we should have called the police earlier but we wanted to try and keep things as amicable as possible until that no longer became an option.

I have nothing against people that do live on council estates, its just people like my neighbours guests that unfortunately give them all a bad name.

Unfortunately the military housing here is well I'd say not exactly great on privacy. We have chicken wire seperating the back gardens instead of fences so it really is hard to hide from your neighbours in a row of terrace houses.

Luckily the family that lived the other side of the neighbour from hell moved out last month. Think they'd had enough :unsure:

Did you not contact the Military Housing folks...or inform you or your other 1/2s military chain of command? There are occupancy rules for military housing...and the same here in Canada...

If you did, I would be very surprised to hear that nothing was done....the UK Mil used to be quite strict on that kind of malarkey. Can't see things would have changed much..in the 6 years since I last lived in UK Military Housing.

Yours aye, AS...'not Ex Mil"...

dbd33 Apr 3rd 2012 12:06 pm

There are lots of expressions in use here that I first saw on GU. "three post ment" is one that might usefully be added to the lexicon.

airbornesapper Apr 3rd 2012 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Auld Yin (Post 9985455)
What's loaded about it? As far as I'm aware it's true. I'm not implying anything. You either accept it as a fact and think what you may or do not believe it. I dont give a rat's ass. In all my years of living here I have never encountered unruly neighbours and neither have any of my family, many friends or acquaintances.
Of course I'm aware that there is anti-social behaviour in Canada. It just doesn't seem to be as developed as in UK, and long may that continue.

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 9985533)
To put it succintly, you're talking out of your arse, again.

That's his experience.....and probably that of a good many others...including ourselves.

As for talking out of your arse...your post is same old same old, and that of the usual BE click - the same montonous nause...ass spewing nause that is....Best regards...:lol: etc...

Souvy Apr 3rd 2012 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by airbornesapper (Post 9986776)
Did you not contact the Military Housing folks...or inform you or your other 1/2s military chain of command? There are occupancy rules for military housing...and the same here in Canada...

If you did, I would be very surprised to hear that nothing was done....the UK Mil used to be quite strict on that kind of malarkey. Can't see things would have changed much..in the 6 years since I last lived in UK Military Housing.

Yours aye, AS...'not Ex Mil"...

You are very probably right. The PMQ estate where I lived in the GTA was ruled with an iron fist. There was one spouse who was often on her own. She regularly went off the rails. The MPs were round her place all the time.

katiespiller777 Apr 3rd 2012 12:22 pm

Hello,

My name is katie, I am new to this forum so a bit stuck on how to talk to you all. My problem is that I am a staff Nurse from nottingham and really fed up with the uk, and the stupid bitchy policy pushing idiots that govern this country... anyway to cut a long story short, I am interested in comeing to canada and working as a nurse with the option of maybe if i like it to stay... I mean it can't be as bad as it is here can it?. The trouble is I have looked at numerous web sites regarding the process and they are all so confusing. So I was wondering if any of you kind expats could shed some light and info regarding the process, I also have a daughter and two lovely dogs...what are the decent areas or countys in canada to live in that have good schools decent people and nursing jobs?. My speciality is spinal and Neuro, but I have also recently finished a degree in health visiting, I don't speak french, but I do speak fluent Greek, if that is of any use. So now you know a little bit about me any help would be very much appreciated, and also it is brilliant that you have a web site like this because i really am rubbish on the net...many thanks

Tangram Apr 3rd 2012 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by katiespiller777 (Post 9986801)
Hello,

My name is katie, I am new to this forum so a bit stuck on how to talk to you all. My problem is that I am a staff Nurse from nottingham and really fed up with the uk, and the stupid bitchy policy pushing idiots that govern this country... anyway to cut a long story short, I am interested in comeing to canada and working as a nurse with the option of maybe if i like it to stay... I mean it can't be as bad as it is here can it?. The trouble is I have looked at numerous web sites regarding the process and they are all so confusing. So I was wondering if any of you kind expats could shed some light and info regarding the process, I also have a daughter and two lovely dogs...what are the decent areas or countys in canada to live in that have good schools decent people and nursing jobs?. My speciality is spinal and Neuro, but I have also recently finished a degree in health visiting, I don't speak french, but I do speak fluent Greek, if that is of any use. So now you know a little bit about me any help would be very much appreciated, and also it is brilliant that you have a web site like this because i really am rubbish on the net...many thanks

?????

Former Lancastrian Apr 3rd 2012 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 9986805)
?????

Newbie hijacking a thread as she doesnt know how to open a new thread in the Immigration section. Her post sounds Greek to me;)
Im sure a mod will move her thread.

katiespiller777 Apr 3rd 2012 12:52 pm

Not hijacking a thread, yes i am new to the post just asking for constructive helpfull advice not nasty comments, and what has greek got to do with it.,!!!!

airbornesapper Apr 3rd 2012 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by katiespiller777 (Post 9986841)
Not hijacking a thread, yes i am new to the post just asking for constructive helpfull advice not nasty comments, and what has greek got to do with it.,!!!!

Nothing, welcome to BE....most of the stuff on here...is much ado about nothing...don't worry about it. There is also good info tucked away posted by some decent and experienced folks in various fields.

The answers you want...are available in many threads...good luck.

mandymoochops Apr 3rd 2012 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by katiespiller777 (Post 9986841)

Well you kind of are - if you ask a question or make a comment that' totally unrelated to the original post (or the o/p as it's called) then that is called thread hijacking.

Nothing nasty about the post - just FL explaining in his own lovely way that what you do for a living and the terminology used doesn't make sense to him because he isn't a nurse.