British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Don't you just love your neighbours!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/dont-you-just-love-your-neighbours-753584/)

Lorry1 Apr 2nd 2012 7:02 pm

Re: Don't you just love your neighbours!!

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9985468)
When I first came here I lived right across the street from a park and a beach and it was terrible with the nose at night of drunken louts breaking bottles, screaming, playing naffing bongos and generally making life miserable for the people living there. The police used to come sometimes on their ATV's but as soon as they stopped riding around, all the louts and loutesses came back. This was one of the main reasons I moved. Plus, the beach goers would chuck rubbish in your garden. It got worse when they built a sodding restaurant. A right shithole of a place.

I saw a news report at the weekend about Aids and how Saskatchewan seems to be developing it's own strain. The camera was filming a guy sweeping up used needles and crap from a local park. I have never seen so many, what a dump! I would hate to live near there! :nod:

(sorry nothing to do with what you said, just thought I would mention it :lol:)

Lorry1 Apr 2nd 2012 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 9985595)
Was the guy a grumpy scotch man with a couple of terriers?

:lol: no, Canadian and it was a woman.

el_richo Apr 2nd 2012 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Lorry1 (Post 9985599)
:lol: no, Canadian and it was a woman.

Probably his daughter then :thumbdown:

Lorry1 Apr 2nd 2012 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 9985606)
Probably his daughter then :thumbdown:

Why did you have a similar problem?

Damn Canadians are just too damn nice. Can you believe no-one ever complained they all just put up with the dogs sh1ting on their lawns for years!

el_richo Apr 2nd 2012 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lorry1 (Post 9985612)

Damn Canadians are just too damn nice. Can you believe no-one ever complained they all just put up with the dogs sh1ting on their lawns for years!

The only problem we have in the apartment gardens has been homeless people shitting in the bushes once in a while. That should stop when i catch one. Oh and Coyote poo every now and again.

It's shocking how many dog owners don't pick up after their dogs on the seawall in Vancouver or in the dog parks. Bloody horrible :thumbdown:

dbd33 Apr 2nd 2012 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Lorry1 (Post 9985612)

What about adapting to local customs, joining in?

Lorry1 Apr 2nd 2012 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 9985627)
What about adapting to local customs, joining in?

what, sh1t on people's lawns? :lol: :confused:

I now have a dog and I always pick up his poop!

Lorry1 Apr 2nd 2012 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 9985623)
The only problem we have in the apartment gardens has been homeless people shitting in the bushes once in a while. That should stop when i catch one. Oh and Coyote poo every now and again.

It's shocking how many dog owners don't pick up after their dogs on the seawall in Vancouver or in the dog parks. Bloody horrible :thumbdown:

:lol: I know, totally gross :thumbdown:

dbd33 Apr 2nd 2012 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lorry1 (Post 9985633)
what, sh1t on people's lawns? :lol: :confused:

No, enjoy the roaming dogs, the way the locals do. No point in emigrating if you don't want to experience a different way of life.

Keelif Apr 2nd 2012 7:36 pm

[QUOTE=Lorry1;9985633]what, sh1t on people's lawns? :lol: :confused:/QUOTE]

LOL Im sure the neighbours would have soon been the ones filming you if you had taken to doing that :p

Lorry1 Apr 2nd 2012 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 9985636)
No, enjoy the roaming dogs, the way the locals do. No point in emigrating if you don't want to experience a different way of life.

erm......I don't want my kids running into the house with crap all over their shoes, thanks.

R I C H Apr 2nd 2012 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Lorry1 (Post 9985666)
erm......I don't want my kids running into the house with crap all over their shoes, thanks.

There's the problem again, a lack of integration. Take your shoes off at the door and it's not a problem :)

misplacedheidi Apr 2nd 2012 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 9985703)
There's the problem again, a lack of integration. Take your shoes off at the door and it's not a problem :)

Too funny.

JimboV6 Apr 2nd 2012 11:51 pm

There is a path at the back of my garden (new subdivision) which people use to walk kids, dogs etc. A couple of weeks ago, my wife saw a woman pick up after her dog, then lob the baggy into the bushes. I'm on a mission to find her and return the (now fetid) contents of the bag. Unbelievable! Worse than just not picking up her dog shit, she's added littering a communal area to the mix.

Oink Apr 2nd 2012 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by JimboV6 (Post 9986009)
There is a path at the back of my garden (new subdivision) which people use to walk kids, dogs etc. A couple of weeks ago, my wife saw a woman pick up after her dog, then lob the baggy into the bushes. I'm on a mission to find her and return the (now fetid) contents of the bag. Unbelievable! Worse than just not picking up her dog shit, she's added littering a communal area to the mix.

The dirty cow. :thumbdown: