Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Don't you feel sorry for some people sometimes?

Wikiposts

Don't you feel sorry for some people sometimes?

Old May 28th 2009, 2:11 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't you feel sorry for some people sometimes?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
the other mods have had various incidents of similar stuff, so now I feel like I belong and must be doing a good job.
Ive never got anonmous hate mail (yet) Who do I complain to? I blame the mods
Old May 28th 2009, 2:12 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Who was it?
It was me. but dont tell!
Old May 28th 2009, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

First rule of being a MOD....Learn and believe the following....

You can please some of the people some of the time, you will never please all of the people all of the time, however, if you can please most of the people most of the time, that is just about as good as it gets....
Old May 28th 2009, 2:55 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

...I also had a lovely PM a couple of days ago from a senior member saying what a fab job I was doing.
6. Posting Email excerpts or Private Messages of ANY type or length is not allowed. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Ahem ....

Old May 28th 2009, 3:11 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonboyE
6. Posting Email excerpts or Private Messages of ANY type or length is not allowed. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Ahem ....

What if it's only a precis?
Old May 28th 2009, 3:27 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
What if it's only a precis?
Oompalumpa doesn't provide one, or an excerpt, so she's being a good girl

I do wonder if a precis is allowed though since it's not an "Email excerpts or Private Messages of ANY type or length". Especially if this rule is to be taken literally

Edited to add........I still think she should name and shame for a giggle.

Last edited by el_richo; May 28th 2009 at 3:29 am.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:44 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly that reason, you got it.

But I just found it very amusing this morning, partly that somebody was sad enough to actually spend time looking at my website and sending silly messages, but also that they did it anonymously, rather than sending a PM, thinking that they'd not be found out - doh!!

Had to share it on the mods forum too, this is my first bit of 'hate mail' and the other mods have had various incidents of similar stuff, so now I feel like I belong and must be doing a good job.

And on the other side, I also had a lovely PM a couple of days ago from a senior member saying what a fab job I was doing. Just goes to show, you can't please all of the people all of the time.
Ah the mods have a forum eh? I bet it's all plush carpets, waitress service, free booze and mars bars all round eh? Not like this place........
Old May 28th 2009, 3:50 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Ah the mods have a forum eh? I bet it's all plush carpets, waitress service, free booze and mars bars all round eh? Not like this place........
I was thinking the same thing too, I wonder what they all talk about in there then?

Is that what a Super Mod is, the ones that moderate the moderators, oh my head is spinning now
Old May 28th 2009, 3:57 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I was thinking the same thing too, I wonder what they all talk about in there then?

Is that what a Super Mod is, the ones that moderate the moderators, oh my head is spinning now
If, sorry When your made a mod, will you spill the beans please Cassie?
Old May 28th 2009, 3:59 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonboyE

Ahem ....

Rules for the plebes don't apply to the MODS.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:59 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Oh no, its MUCH nicer than that You know all those annoying posters that start to get on your tits after a while? Very few of them post in there

Actually, I just checked, and its the only forum that doesnt list any moderators on the home page....I guess the super mods are super only because they can butt in on any of the forums (fora?)

What do we talk about?....I'll leave that to your fertile imaginations (its probably a lot more exciting than what we really talk about anyway)

Last edited by iaink; May 28th 2009 at 4:01 am.
Old May 28th 2009, 4:00 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
If, sorry When your made a mod, will you spill the beans please Cassie?
Oh my goodness, there is no way on this earth I would be a Mod
Old May 28th 2009, 4:02 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

lol...
Old May 28th 2009, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by iaink
Oh no, its MUCH nicer than that

Actually, I just checked, and its the only forum that doesnt list any moderators on the home page....I guess the super mods are super only because they can butt in on any of the forums (fora?)

What do we talk about?....I'll leave that to your fertile imaginations (its probably a lot more exciting than what we really talk about anyway)

Fertile imaginations I bet its really boring without us
Old May 28th 2009, 4:03 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

You know, I sounded just as convincing on the numerous occasions I said the same thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.