Dogs

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs

Our vet works the same way. We adopted an 18 month old dog from the OSPCA on Thursday - they recommend a trip to the vet within a few days however, she is part of the Northern dog rescue program and came to the OSPCA with BB pellets in her (which have now been removed) and so she is fearful of new people and situations. We have decided to hold off on the vet visit (she came with extensive paperwork documenting pretty much every dog health test you could imagine) until she gets more confident as we don't want to stress her out. She is doing great and our older dog Ted (he is 3) is doing a good job of showing her the ropes.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:26 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

We said farewell to this little sweetie yesterday (she was 15). It was a weird experience at the vets. I was concerned they would not let us in as there was 4 of us with her but I’m guessing in these circumstances they make exceptions. We were all masked up though and we had to wait outside till we were called in.

Still not a nice reason to visit the vets. First time I’ve lost an animal, my god does it sting

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss, its always hard losing a beloved pet, in many ways just as hard as losing any family member.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
We said farewell to this little sweetie yesterday (she was 15). It was a weird experience at the vets. I was concerned they would not let us in as there was 4 of us with her but I’m guessing in these circumstances they make exceptions. We were all masked up though and we had to wait outside till we were called in.

Still not a nice reason to visit the vets. First time I’ve lost an animal, my god does it sting

i am sorry. What a sweet little face.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to read this - we went through the same thing at the end of March with our 15 year old pup. We too had to wait outside with the dog until the previous person left and then we were permitted in to be with him (without masks as it was still quite early in the whole Covid thing). Its a horrible experience to have to go through but we owe them a peaceful end after all they give us throughout their lives. I know you feel awful now but it does get better.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

We said farewell to this little sweetie yesterday (she was 15).. First time I’ve lost an animal, my god does it sting
So sorry to hear of your sweet pup's passing...... it's so hard to lose one of our family........
She'll be at the Rainbow Bridge... <<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

I am sorry to read this. It is never an easy thing to have to go through
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Beckiwoo...sorry to read about the loss of your best friend. She will be playing with the other dogs in the kennels in the sky.

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:55 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I really appreciate them.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:28 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

My life can be measured in dogs. We had Hairy, who died when I was 13 when I saw my Dad cry for the first time. Then as an adult I had a Sadie for 17 years and a Millie for 15 years now I have a 10 year old Charley. Every time they go they leave a dog sized hole in your soul. There is as Arabic saying about death which say ‘after you die, the caravan serai moves on and the dogs keep on barking’...you always look for the missing dog at your feet...

So sorry. Big hugs.

Have you seen The Art of Racing in the Rain. Would be good about now.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Dogs win your heart...but in the end they break it.

I remember everyone of my 9 girls as though it was yesterday.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 3:41 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
i am sorry. What a sweet little face.
so very sorry.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Dogs win your heart...but in the end they break it.

I remember everyone of my 9 girls as though it was yesterday.
I wish dogs had longer life spans, they make just good companions but their life span is too short, especially bigger dogs.

I can remember every dog that I have ever had in my lifetime, from the first one to Charlee like it was yesterday, they all left their own little uniqueness to my life, the hardest loss was my mom's chihuahua, she got her in 1978 a year before I was born, the dog lived until 1998, so at that time that dog had been part of my life for literally every second of my life.

Other then blindness, she was healthy til the end, passed away in her sleep one afternoon while sunning herself, I guess it was the best way for her to go, doing something she loved.

(writing that actually made me tear up like it just happened, and it was 22 years ago, that is how much a dog touches us)
Old Jul 26th 2020, 7:40 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I wish dogs had longer life spans, they make just good companions but their life span is too short, especially bigger dogs.

I can remember every dog that I have ever had in my lifetime, from the first one to Charlee like it was yesterday, they all left their own little uniqueness to my life, the hardest loss was my mom's chihuahua, she got her in 1978 a year before I was born, the dog lived until 1998, so at that time that dog had been part of my life for literally every second of my life.

Other then blindness, she was healthy til the end, passed away in her sleep one afternoon while sunning herself, I guess it was the best way for her to go, doing something she loved.

(writing that actually made me tear up like it just happened, and it was 22 years ago, that is how much a dog touches us)
This was the first I’ve experienced losing a pet/member of the family. Never had animals growing up.

I’m not surprised that you still get emotional with your dog from 22 years ago, I will probably be the same with Emma.

Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

New pooch to me, she likes getting messy but cleans up easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.