Dog Breeders?

Old Jan 4th 2007, 7:40 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dog Breeders?

Does anyone know a good breeder in Canada who has some pups for sale? I'm looking for hopefully an Alaskan Malamute or Norwegian Elkhound, and the good ol'Siberian Husky isn't out of the question.

Google hasn't churned up many good leads, plenty of pictures though!
Attached Thumbnails Dog Breeders?-alaskanmalamute.jpg   Dog Breeders?-norwegian.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

third time lucky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dog Breeders?

Try The Canadian Kennel Club website. It has links to breed clubs.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

fi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud of

Dogs in Canada magazine also has a breeder directory :

http://www.dogsincanada.com/

Here is the Alaskan Malamute club of Canada :

http://www.quadrant.net/amcc/

Good luck in your search.

Fi
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:14 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Husky-4-Life/

PHOTO
Members of the Manitoba Chapter of the Siberian Husky Club of Canada at a club dog walk at the Forks Historic Site in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Your moderator is in the lower right of the picture with his dog Bailey. Bailey crossed the Rainbow Bridge in Aug. of 2005 at over 17 yrs

http://www.canadasguidetodogs.com/ma...l_breeders.htm

http://www.canadasguidetodogs.com/norwegianelk.htm

http://www.canadasguidetodogs.com/malamute.htm
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:32 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I've been in contact with a few people and although there arent many about I should be able to get one soon!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

fi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud of

Good luck!! We recently got a Dalmatian puppy. Waited 6 months and had to drive to Wisconsin to get him. It can be a frustrating wait.

Fi
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:31 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

There are loads of ads in our classifieds for just that sort of puppy - that's if it isnt important to have a registered pup of course, so it's worth looking in those. Also if you have any doggy day care places where you are, ask in there as they often have notices up for different breeders etc. We were on the verge of spending a small fortune in getting a Chow Chow flown in from Washington DC when lo and behold an ad appeared in the paper, we were actually able to see the pups with both parents and see the temperments of all the pups and parents, for us that was much more important than pedegree registration as we only wanted a pet, not a show dog or anything.

Hope your puppy parents soon!
Attached Thumbnails Dog Breeders?-henry-autumn-2006.jpg  

Last edited by Piff Poff; Jan 5th 2007 at 6:34 pm. Reason: added a bit
Old Jan 5th 2007, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
Does anyone know a good breeder in Canada who has some pups for sale? I'm looking for hopefully an Alaskan Malamute or Norwegian Elkhound, and the good ol'Siberian Husky isn't out of the question.

Hi there
You lucky things, hope you find the right puppy soon !!!!

We are bringing 2 rotts with us, one of which is a 20 month old male pup, good luck with your search.

Mrs dying to leave
Old Jan 5th 2007, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

check out the rescue centres... much better to rehome imo, lots of unwanted neglected christmas pups this time of year...sadly
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

basset is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Dog Breeders?

Originally Posted by TruBrit
check out the rescue centres... much better to rehome imo, lots of unwanted neglected christmas pups this time of year...sadly
Very true. Also, if you do go for a puppy from a newspaper ad, make ABSOLUTELY sure that they have done all the necessary health tests on the parents. Most people who advertise in the newspaper selling puppies are "backyard breeders" who just want to make some money, and aren't really concerned with the dogs after they have sold them.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:53 pm
Jedi

I am seriously considering getting a dog from a rescue shelter, especially considering the prices of a pedigree pub. I already have two resuced cats, both of whom are now living in the lap of spolit luxury.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I am seriously considering getting a dog from a rescue shelter, especially considering the prices of a pedigree pub. I already have two resuced cats, both of whom are now living in the lap of spolit luxury.

well done
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:29 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

We have the worlds most pampered cat who came from the local SPCA. I can't for the life of me imagine why someone dumped him there as he has the most character I've ever seen in an animal. So I'm all for rescue animals. A word of caution though, be aware of what you are getting into.

A couple of years ago we re-homed a dog from a friend who had got him from the SPCA. The friend needed him rehomed as he was attacking their other dog. We took him on, spent 6 mths training (obedience classes, the whole 9 yards) and devoted love and attention to him as you wouldn't believe. Trouble was as he got older he was steadily getting more agressive to other dogs and was also starting to get possessive over Mrs AX. Eventually we had to take the very hard decision to have him put to sleep before he hurt someone. Really tough thing to do but easier than living with ourselves if he had attacked a person.

This poor dog had been abused at an early age and despite the best effort of two sets of owners could not be turned around. The experience has made us very nervous of getting a rescue dog in the future. We'd probably go for a pedigree German Shorthaired Pointer to replace the dearly loved old soul who passed away just before Xmas.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
We have the worlds most pampered cat who came from the local SPCA. I can't for the life of me imagine why someone dumped him there as he has the most character I've ever seen in an animal. So I'm all for rescue animals. A word of caution though, be aware of what you are getting into.

A couple of years ago we re-homed a dog from a friend who had got him from the SPCA. The friend needed him rehomed as he was attacking their other dog. We took him on, spent 6 mths training (obedience classes, the whole 9 yards) and devoted love and attention to him as you wouldn't believe. Trouble was as he got older he was steadily getting more agressive to other dogs and was also starting to get possessive over Mrs AX. Eventually we had to take the very hard decision to have him put to sleep before he hurt someone. Really tough thing to do but easier than living with ourselves if he had attacked a person.

This poor dog had been abused at an early age and despite the best effort of two sets of owners could not be turned around. The experience has made us very nervous of getting a rescue dog in the future. We'd probably go for a pedigree German Shorthaired Pointer to replace the dearly loved old soul who passed away just before Xmas.
This is a worry I have. Our cat came from the animal control and now that we're starting the search for a second dog it crossed my mind to go there for the dog. The problem though is that the people at the Humane Society and the pound fail to differentiate between scruffy dogs in need of care and lethal animals in need of shooting. Right up until the pit bull ban one could even adopt one of those from the Humane Society; now they send them to eat the children in BC. I have no faith that the staff at the dog shelter would reveal anything indicating a dog to be dangerous.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

You can always foster a dog first, before you adopt, to see if it fits into your family and with other pets. Also, a lot of shelters I've seen around here have the animals assessed by independant trainers, so you get an evaluation of their behaviour. The last thing most shelters want is to see an animal back there again because it hasn't been able to settle into its new home - it is bad for the animal and counter-productive for them.

As for pit-bulls - there was a rescued pit bull at the last training class we went to, who was the sweetest, gentlest dog ever - really placid. We met here a few times outside class, and people would stop and ask what she was, as she was so gentle and friendly, and were visibly shocked when they were told 'she's a pit bull'. Shame to think that if she was in England now she'd be being destroyed as part of the pit-bull witch-hunt... There's no such thing as 'bad dogs', just bad owners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.