Dog Agility

Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Dog Agility

Does anyone do Agility with their dog/s.

I start tonight with Lulu our Border Terrier - wanted to actually do something with her that she'll hopefully enjoy.

Would love to hear if anyone takes part in agility.

This is what we're aiming for
Attached Thumbnails Dog Agility-bt-poles.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Arris; Jan 24th 2008 at 11:16 am.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

cynthia2373 will become famous soon enoughcynthia2373 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dog Agility

I do agility with my siberian huskies - it's brilliant fun for both us and the dogs! We're members of a club (in UK) who go to shows over the summer months and let people have a go at agility with their dogs. It's amazing the amount of people who say "No way will my dog do that!" and then see their face when their dog does it and enjoys it!
I'm sure you'll both have a great time!!

Originally Posted by Arris

I start tonight with Lulu our Border Terrier - wanted to actually do something with her that she'll hopefully enjoy.

Would love to hear if anyone takes part in agility.

This is what we're aiming for
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cynthia2373
I do agility with my siberian huskies - it's brilliant fun for both us and the dogs! We're members of a club (in UK) who go to shows over the summer months and let people have a go at agility with their dogs. It's amazing the amount of people who say "No way will my dog do that!" and then see their face when their dog does it and enjoys it!
I'm sure you'll both have a great time!!
Thanks, i'm really looking forward to it - will do me good aswell all that running about
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I have been doing agility with my youngest shih-tzu for years. At first I thought you needed a dog like an Aussie or a border collie, but my little dog is so happy and willing to please - and so its great fun. He has a bit of trouble on the A-frame when its at its full height. His short little legs have a hard time pulling him up. But I don't really care. If I ever do go in a contest I won't be doing anything that requires a full height A-frame.

The hardest thing for dogs to "get" are the weave poles. We start to practice with the poles bent down each side so the dogs just run over top of them. Tyson can ALMOST do them straight up - but not quite. He will go down the run at full tilt, but if ONE pole is slightly straighter than the others - he can tell and just misses it out!

There is a lady with two Boston terriers in the class. They are hilarious! The younger one normally decides on her own course! She goes where she pleases! Last week someone forgot to lower the height of the tire, which was set for a lab - the Boston just jumped it like it was set at her own height.
Attached Thumbnails Dog Agility-dscn3016-1.jpg  

Last edited by Purley; Jan 24th 2008 at 1:08 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I have been doing agility with my youngest shih-tzu for years.
Aww, they're so cute!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:29 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to have a go at that with my Henry, I think it would be a laugh, I can just see him looking at me as if to say yeah right, I did it once, why do I have to go again?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:01 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Arris

I start tonight with Lulu

I love watching that! Good luck to you both!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:48 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

We host Provincial Championship competitions in our indoor arena each year - it's great to watch (if somewhat noisy). The dogs love taking part and seem to get a great buzz from it.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to do that with Tiah, does anyone know of anywhere in Calgary that does it????
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:11 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
I want to do that with Tiah, does anyone know of anywhere in Calgary that does it????
Yup: Calgary Agility Association!

http://www.calgaryagility.com/
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I would love to have a go at that with my Henry, I think it would be a laugh, I can just see him looking at me as if to say yeah right, I did it once, why do I have to go again?
My dog would be the same. If she brought you a stick to throw then fine, but if you just threw a stick for her she's look at you as if to say "well go and get it then".

He has a bit of trouble on the A-frame when its at its full height. His short little legs have a hard time pulling him up. But I don't really care.
That's rather cruel Ann, that you don't care that your little dog has trouble on the A-frame due to short leg.

Mr L2S doesn't understand the limitations that I have by having short legs.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:42 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live to ski
That's rather cruel Ann, that you don't care that your little dog has trouble on the A-frame due to short leg.
Actually it was Liz
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Tyson .
Is that him in the photo?

Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Co-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud of

Hi Arris,

Do I know you from another forum?? If not then HI I breed and show Border terriers, so am always iinterested to see people doing things with them, they LOVE agility and are good at it. So have a great time and keep us updated on your progress, I bet Lulu will love it......I had a Lou Lou..
www.conundrum.biz

Last edited by Co-Writer; Jan 25th 2008 at 9:06 am. Reason: adding
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Co-Writer
Hi Arris,

Do I know you from another forum?? If not then HI I breed and show Border terriers, so am always iinterested to see people doing things with them, they LOVE agility and are good at it. So have a great time and keep us updated on your progress, I bet Lulu will love it......I had a Lou Lou..
www.conundrum.biz
Hi Co-Writer - yes that's me

Welcome to BE!

Hope you got my e-mail after you PM'd me after asking about Canada. We've got a lot of advice & information here & have some good laughs along the way.

We both really enjoyed last night - i've never seen so many happy dogs & wagging tails, they all seem to love it. Was good to see the advance class aswell - really looking forward to next week.

One of the ladies who takes classes does agility with her Border Terrier.

Arris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.