Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Do they do these rental inspections Canada wide?

Do they do these rental inspections Canada wide?

Old Jun 12th 2015, 12:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do they do these rental inspections Canada wide?

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Well the third appointment was kept. So was the fourth but they may just as well have not bothered.

The ad clearly says how much rent, that the heating is electric and the fact that rent does NOT include electricity.
Having made a Wednesday appointment on Monday, she later changed it to Thursday. On Thursday morning I emailed to check we were still on.

Yes, she says...oh and how much is the rent?
I repeat what's in the ad and say again that electricity isn't included.
Oh, and she changes the appointment time.

They arrive, have a look, like it just as everybody does and then clarify if the rent is for everything.

Thanks but no thanks, we're looking for all inclusive.

So what about paying some attenton to the ad and what people say to you when you ask.
Is all inclusive common there?

I've only had that when renting a room in a house, any time I have rented an apartment or house electric is never included, but then its not very much either so not like its a hardship here to pay it, we pay like 40 a month on average for hydro, actually use more in summer because of the little portable a/c unit then we do in winter for heat.....lol

Sometimes hot water will be included, depends how they have hot water set up, in our current place each unit has its own water heater, but water is included in the rent since this town doesn't meter water and just charges a flat rate on the property tax for water.

Some people just can't read ads, and they just email before reading.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 12:36 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Is all inclusive common there?
Maybe 50/50. There's certainly no shortage of heating included.

I can see that when someone has several places to look at they might not recall detail from ads. But that's why you'd surely make notes isn't it?

Or, if you are only looking for one particular aspect, why not disregard something without that aspect?
Old Jun 14th 2015, 1:51 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

"No shows" currently leading 3-2.