Diet

Old Jan 19th 2020, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133
Default Diet

I have recently gone on to a plant based diet. I have never been on a diet or given up any particular food group before. I watched several films on the subject including Game Changers. I am the last person who would have ever done this. I never imagined that I would or even could. Meat and dairy have always formed a very substantial part of my diet. Even more so since moving to Canada. Until recently I would have eggs for breakfast most days and bacon or sausages 3 times a week. Lunch would usually be sandwiches with meat and or cheese filling with mayo or salad cream. Tea would be meat + other stuff with the meat being the largest component.. In the last 3 weeks I have had no dairy or egss. I have only eaten meat for 2 of those meals and a much smaller amount than before. I have replaced milk with oat and pea milk depending on the use. I can honestly say that it has been a massive eye opener. I feel better, I am not hungry or snacking in the day. I have lost 8 lbs and 1 1/2 inches off of my waist. I sleep much better and my rhinitis seems to have cleared up. I dont miss eating meat, dairy or eggs and have had no cravings for it at all. I will eat meat, dairy, eggs and fish again but it will be in small amounts no more than once per week. This is still very much the beginning of a big lifestyle change for me but I am positive about the road ahead.

I was wondering if anyone else had done this or any other type of lifestyle change?

Has anyone else found that their intake of red meat in particular increased after moving here?
Old Jan 20th 2020, 8:07 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diet

I with some encouragement, changed my diet to more healthful foods but more importantly I reduced the amount of calories I consumed. I went from a pudgy 185 to hovering around 145 lbs. HID thinks I look great (She's into that glam-rock NY Dolls/Mick Jagger/heroin chic look) and will shag me now but I'm 6'1" and I feel hungry.

Last edited by Oink; Jan 20th 2020 at 8:17 am.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 2:02 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I with some encouragement, changed my diet to more healthful foods but more importantly I reduced the amount of calories I consumed. I went from a pudgy 185 to hovering around 145 lbs. HID thinks I look great (She's into that glam-rock NY Dolls/Mick Jagger/heroin chic look) and will shag me now but I'm 6'1" and I feel hungry.
6,1 and 145, yeh you get into a size one dress now Oinky mate.

i started a healthier eating regime after heart issues, I am also a 6,1 kinda guy I was 215lbs back then, I hover around 190-195 now
Old Jan 20th 2020, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
I have recently gone on to a plant based diet. I have never been on a diet or given up any particular food group before. I watched several films on the subject including Game Changers. I am the last person who would have ever done this. I never imagined that I would or even could. Meat and dairy have always formed a very substantial part of my diet. Even more so since moving to Canada. Until recently I would have eggs for breakfast most days and bacon or sausages 3 times a week. Lunch would usually be sandwiches with meat and or cheese filling with mayo or salad cream. Tea would be meat + other stuff with the meat being the largest component.. In the last 3 weeks I have had no dairy or egss. I have only eaten meat for 2 of those meals and a much smaller amount than before. I have replaced milk with oat and pea milk depending on the use. I can honestly say that it has been a massive eye opener. I feel better, I am not hungry or snacking in the day. I have lost 8 lbs and 1 1/2 inches off of my waist. I sleep much better and my rhinitis seems to have cleared up. I dont miss eating meat, dairy or eggs and have had no cravings for it at all. I will eat meat, dairy, eggs and fish again but it will be in small amounts no more than once per week. This is still very much the beginning of a big lifestyle change for me but I am positive about the road ahead.

I was wondering if anyone else had done this or any other type of lifestyle change?

Has anyone else found that their intake of red meat in particular increased after moving here?
A friend of mine who is about 5'11" and weighed 220 lbs went on a no drinking, low carbs diet and improved his exercise regime (other than playing footie twice a week most of the year) and in 2019 lost 52 lbs.......actually he looks kind of gaunt now and had to get lots of new clothes but he says he feels so much better. He is off the wagon now, although he is trying to stick to just IPA and red wine.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 5:34 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

The "beef = macho" mentality is a looming disaster for Canada.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I eat pretty small amounts of meat in general and beef these days is pretty rare. No plant based diet though, as I eat dairy and eggs, but I have increased plant based foods drastically, we mostly had to, meat is getting too expensive.

Old Jan 20th 2020, 6:17 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I did something called OMAD (One Meal A Day) in 2018 and lost 40lbs in 20 weeks with zero exercise.

Now I am doing OMAD again everyday, not to lose weight, but just because it is so easy not to worry about what to eat for breakfast, or what to pack for lunch. I drink tea, coffee and water until 5pm ish then eat a big dinner. Basically 7 big meals per week instead of 21.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Holy f*&k

I am one inch taller than you but almost 100 lbs heavier. I'll happily admit that I have never rocked the Jagger look.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
The "beef = macho" mentality is a looming disaster for Canada.
Where is that professed?

Don't Canadians, and the rest of the world, eat beef because they like it? Is there a big difference between the amount eaten in Canada and the amount eaten in the UK?
Old Jan 20th 2020, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if I lost 80 pounds I would look too skinny, I am 3" taller but 90 pounds heavier, ideally would like to get down to around 170, that weight seemed to be the best for my height and body type, really only part of me that is even chunky is my belly, I don't gain weight anywhere else really just the belly, which is a pain, even with having lost 15 pounds there is no noticeable difference in the belly yet.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 11:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you look up some of my posts you will see that I drastically changed my diet to a very restrictive one, after suffering a stroke in March 2018. I only eat chicken once a week, beef twice a year - but I eat a lot of fish and shellfish. I also eat a lot of plant based food items.. or make curries with lentils / pulses etc., Chilli with vegetarian (beyond meat ground is awesome) 'meat' and beans is a staple food that I eat every couple of weeks.

I lost nearly 60lb (although I've put about 8lb back on due to eating slightly larger meals again and the odd biscuit and chocolate.

I don't eat any refined carbs, I tons of veggies.. and make sure I have protein at every meal. I've recently allowed myself to have a couple of ounces of cheese a week - it's been great
Old Jan 21st 2020, 12:08 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I've recently allowed myself to have a couple of ounces of cheese a week - it's been great
That's good to hear.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 7:17 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
6,1 and 145, yeh you get into a size one dress now Oinky mate.
I know and I look fabulous but I still feel cold all the time. She's got me on 900 calories a day, I feel a somewhat stretched empathy with . . .

Last edited by Oink; Jan 21st 2020 at 7:22 am.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I think if I lost 80 pounds I would look too skinny, I am 3" taller but 90 pounds heavier, ideally would like to get down to around 170, that weight seemed to be the best for my height and body type, really only part of me that is even chunky is my belly, I don't gain weight anywhere else really just the belly, which is a pain, even with having lost 15 pounds there is no noticeable difference in the belly yet.
Just eat steamed vegetables and take Charlie on lots of runs.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:41 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I know and I look fabulous but I still feel cold all the time. She's got me on 900 calories a day, I feel a somewhat stretched empathy with . . .
Are there any calories in smack? You should just take it - (a) it'll help you keep the elegantly wasted look, and (b) junkies don't get hungry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.