desperate housewifes

Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light
Default desperate housewifes

Hmm,dont shout at me but i want to know if anyone knows if desperate housewifes is shown in alberta..... out of all programmes i think it probably is the one i would miss,i would have thought it would be as it is american...anyone know???
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: desperate housewifes

Yes - don't panic !! Probably a new season starting in the autumn at a guess.

Phew
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ann m
Yes - don't panic !! Probably a new season starting in the autumn at a guess.

Phew
Oh yipee thats made my day thank you so much, mwahhh x
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:49 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

The UK has their season shown a few months behind here so depending on when you move you may miss some shows. Easy to rent the missing season on DVD though when you get here. Season 5 should begin here around September.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/index?pn=index

In fact, I think that all the major USA series are shown a few months behind in the UK.

FYI Coronation Street is approximately 9-10 months behind here (Cilla gone to Vegas after selling necklace and Jason just fallen off scaffolding here). Eastenders seems to be years behind. Quite a few Brit programmes are shown here but all seem to be few years behind.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:56 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's easy enough to download most TV shows from the internet. Then watch them at your leisure. We hardly ever watch anything as broadcast; too many tedious adverts.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Gcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura about

Desperate Housewives is usually on Sunday evenings in Calgary but I think the season is different in the summer.

I have the BBC Canada digital channel and it shows some good shows. If you get a satellite it offers even more shows I hear. Oh and if you're wanting to see live premier league footie then get Setanta Sports. Couldn't live without it

http://www.zap2it.com/

I use Zap2it a lot when I'm looking for a specific show.

Good luck!!!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:49 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
It's easy enough to download most TV shows from the internet. Then watch them at your leisure. We hardly ever watch anything as broadcast; too many tedious adverts.
Certainly ticks me off when I watch a programme eg CSI - it shows the murder, followed by the credits, the lo and behold it goes to the ads. All that in under 3 or 4 minutes at the start of the programme

We have a PVR (like Sky+) so most of the time I hit the pause button, do whatever, make a cup of tea etc, etc - faff around for 10 minutes, then hit play. That way I can FF all the ads