Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Death not from a random encounter

Death not from a random encounter

Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:39 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Death not from a random encounter

So the creator of Dungeons and Dragons, Gary Gygax, is (rolls D20) dead. A shame, the person who practically started the entirety of my favourite hobby.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7278927.stm

Anyone wish to join me in sending the Level 20 Games Master to the planes peacefully?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:00 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death not from a random encounter

Oh my God!

Very sad but can you imagine what his funeral is going to be like ....?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:02 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Lemme guess. Are you two are sitting across a desk from one another?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:23 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

NO actually , he's at work and I'm not
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:38 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Oh my God!

Very sad but can you imagine what his funeral is going to be like ....?
He's sitting there in his non-corporeal state with his fingers crossed going "please gods don't let the LARPers turn up in costume."
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:52 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Did he die from a critical fumble?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:37 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Nerd thread... I'm in, and,

/signed.

Think of the characters whose quests will go uncompleted...

It is a shame. I'm pleased he got to see his idea develop and spread though, plenty of creatives don't. His work affected a lot of people's lives before he went.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:05 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward
Nerd thread... I'm in, and,

/signed.

Think of the characters whose quests will go uncompleted...

It is a shame. I'm pleased he got to see his idea develop and spread though, plenty of creatives don't. His work affected a lot of people's lives before he went.
Are the nerds black or what?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:35 am
Professional Cat herder

I'm sorry but I find the term "nerd" offensive , we prefer to be referred to as "geeks" or "those without a life"
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:40 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I'm sorry but I find the term "nerd" offensive , we prefer to be referred to as "geeks" or "those without a life"

Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
So the creator of Dungeons and Dragons, Gary Gygax, is (rolls D20) dead. A shame, the person who practically started the entirety of my favourite hobby.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7278927.stm

Anyone wish to join me in sending the Level 20 Games Master to the planes peacefully?
I bet he's not really dead - just gone to the "other side of the board".
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Despite not ever playing, I have an interest in things gamey and fantasy so am sad at this passing - but certainly made his mark.

Moving on - could do with some help from the players of D&D. Am in the middle of a bit of vampire drabble and need to know if there are 3 characters that would equate to the following: a vampire Master; a Keeper of Knowledge; a Warrior. Want to throw a few names into the mix - possibly even crack a joke or two if I recover my funnybone anytime soon.

If anyone can assist will be muchly appreciative. Ta.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:12 pm
Analyst for hire

Originally Posted by ladymoose
Despite not ever playing, I have an interest in things gamey and fantasy so am sad at this passing - but certainly made his mark.

Moving on - could do with some help from the players of D&D. Am in the middle of a bit of vampire drabble and need to know if there are 3 characters that would equate to the following: a vampire Master; a Keeper of Knowledge; a Warrior. Want to throw a few names into the mix - possibly even crack a joke or two if I recover my funnybone anytime soon.

If anyone can assist will be muchly appreciative. Ta.
Well if you are interested in names from Forgotten Realms D&D setting, then Elminster would come under Keeper of Knowledge, and Drizzt Durden (sp?) for the Warrior. Don't know about a vampire master.

As for Gygax, I was reading an article that suggested not only did he effectively invent roleplaying, he effected created the modern concept of a nerd.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to you Mr Bell.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

This is my "pretend to be someone else because real life sux" bag. Everyone on BE should have this game then we can vent our textual frustrations on each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JC3UMJ2It4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.