British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk - II (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/dear-canada-post-we-need-talk-ii-922340/)

BristolUK Feb 22nd 2019 2:36 pm

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk - II

I ordered a refurbished tablet for my stepson from Bestbuy (marketplace seller) on Tuesday. Arrived by Canada Post today, Friday, from Markham. :thumbup:

Wow...thread's over a year old.

Former Lancastrian Feb 22nd 2019 2:42 pm

Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12641764)
I ordered a refurbished tablet for my stepson from Bestbuy (marketplace seller) on Tuesday. Arrived by Canada Post today, Friday, from Markham. :thumbup:

Wow...thread's over a year old.

So either assume no complaints about Canada Post delivery times or everyone now uses UPS/FedEx or DHL :lol:

BristolUK Feb 22nd 2019 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12641768)
So either assume no complaints about Canada Post delivery times or everyone now uses UPS/FedEx or DHL :lol:

Or Canada Post IT employees have hacked BE to remove them. :lol:

CanadaJimmy Feb 22nd 2019 3:49 pm

My main complaint with Canada Post is how much it costs to send things compared to the US Postal Service and Royal Mail, especially with tracking. The actual deliveries and service aren't too bad in my experience, though the community mailboxes are a bit of a cheap-out instead of delivering to the door.

scrubbedexpat091 Nov 6th 2019 2:35 am

Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk - II

The Canada Post delivery person to our building is getting bad, he/she isn't even putting mail into the boxes anymore, just leaving a big pile on the counter in the mail room with everyone's mail. I sent a complaint to Canada Post but haven't heard back, and I have a registered letter waiting for pick up and a pick up slip was never left for me either, so had no idea it was there until the sender asked why I haven't picked it up, it's been sitting for pick up since Nov 1.

scrubbedexpat091 Feb 29th 2020 4:37 am

4 days to get from Hong Kong to Vancouver, cleared customs today, and Canada Post says delivery of next Friday, if that holds true it will have taken longer to get from the Vancouver Airport to me in Vancouver than it did to get from Hong Kong to Vancouver.

sharkus Feb 29th 2020 9:12 pm

I emailed CP this week. I've had a few items incorrectly put in my little box in the community mailbox. If it was an old tenants name, fair enough, but it's not that. Fair enough the street number, and unit number are the same as mine, but the street name, and the postcode - albeit the last number of the postcode, 8 instead of 6, which one could possibly miss at a glance - are different. There's usually a number on my mail too "26", whereas this other persons mail has "27" on it. It's not as if the street name starts with the same letter, or is the same length as mine, it's not.

BristolUK Feb 29th 2020 9:40 pm

St. John's senior gets letter from Canada Post — saying it's too dangerous to deliver any letters
:lol:

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 2nd 2020 3:54 am

The small parcel from Hong Kong might be delivered tomorrow, if it is will have taken 7 days in total, the fact it didn't even take a week to get from Hong Kong to Vancouver surprised me. Now I have something coming from Quebec, if it ships tomorrow, generally takes 10 days which leads me to think Canada Post uses ground transportation more than say the USPS as similiar distance in the US, is 3 days if going coast to coast, add an extra day or 2 for Hawaii and Alaska.

Atlantic Xpat Mar 5th 2020 5:36 pm

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...6c9e343b92.png
Anybody see what's wrong this picture? :-)

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 5th 2020 5:45 pm

I am impressed with how fast the USPS is for delivery, east coast of US to Pt. Roberts, was mailed on Monday and arrived in Pt. Roberts on Wed, also an item mailed from Montreal via Canada Post same day, still in transit.

Canada Post truly is snail mail....lol

BristolUK Mar 5th 2020 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 12816604)

It's pretty impressive, you have to admit. Is the fee going down as well do you think? Refunds trickling into your bank account each day :lol:

BristolUK Mar 5th 2020 9:21 pm

I ordered something (coming from Etobicoke) on Monday night. Delivery expected 5-10 days.

Canada Post just delivered in less than three. :thumbup:

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 6th 2020 1:01 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12816716)
I ordered something (coming from Etobicoke) on Monday night. Delivery expected 5-10 days.

Canada Post just delivered in less than three. :thumbup:

Well that is only 1,500km according to google.

As far as I can Canada Post relies more heavily on ground transportation, only reason I can think of as to why it takes 7-10 days for something to go from Montreal to Vancouver. They really should stopping calling it expedited parcel though, there is nothing expedited about it ha ha

caretaker Mar 6th 2020 3:02 pm

The 2 packages I ordered from BC on Tuesday arrived about 1/2 hr ago, no complaints about Express Post!
If they'd got to the post office in time on Tuesday I would've had it yesterday.

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 6th 2020 6:20 pm

Canada Post got me the parcel from Montreal, but the company who I bought from sent the wrong product, and now giving me a hard time about them paying for returning it, like you screwed up and I am not paying to return it.

I should have ordered from Amazon.

I needed this item sooner rather than later, now have to wait 6-7 days for the wrong item to arrive, them process it, and another 6-7 days to receive the new one, lesson learned buy from Amazon and don't fuss with small Canadian businesses.

Atlantic Xpat Mar 6th 2020 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 12816604)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...6c9e343b92.png

An update on my time travelling parcel. It's now reached the vortex that is "Dieppe NB" where all shipments to Newfoundland go to spend an indeterminate amount of time before, if you are lucky, miraculously making it to the Rock. :-)

I

BristolUK Mar 6th 2020 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 12817100)
An update on my time travelling parcel. It's now reached the vortex that is "Dieppe NB"

Or Darkest Dieppe as I call it. :lol:

scrubbedexpat091 Mar 13th 2020 9:05 pm

Purolator being majority owned by Canada Post and like it's sister is pretty bad.

MIL wanted something ordered on Amazon, she doesn't have an account and doesn't know how to use Amazon so she has me order for her.

Her items were shipped Purolator from Ontario on Tuesday and arrived into Vancouver early Wed morning when the flight arrives from Ontario. Delivery was supposed to be Wed but a carrier delay occurred, then Thursday another carrier delay, Friday today they claiming mechanical delay.