Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Old Mar 11th 2015, 7:04 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So quit ya bitching you got it before the scheduled delivery Maybe they sent it via Edmonton as they thought you would be too shocked if it arrived 3 or 4 days before the scheduled delivery
har har har you so funny.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Too right.

Adjustable Height Home Bed Assist Handle .com = $30.49
Identical item on .ca $66.81

But then .com charges $40 shipping
That is where living on the border is nice, can have it delivered to a US address (lots of companies provide the service on the border towns) and not have to pay the high shipping costs.

The exchange rate though has been killing the advantage though, 12 months ago the light I just bought from a Canadian company would have been bought from Amazon, but once the exchange rate is factored in, the price was basically the same.

I just wish Amazon.ca was good like .com is where you can pretty much get anything under the sun.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 2:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My Amazon order has so far made it as far as Richmond mail processing, only scan so far.

I have another item coming UPS from Burnaby, sent standard UPS service, estimated to be here tomorrow, picked up at Burnaby at 4:15pm and was scanned in Richmond sort at 5:55pm.

My bet:

UPS will deliver to my door on-time tomorrow.

Canada Post may make the Friday estimate, but will leave a pick up notice in my mail box, they for whatever reason will not deliver parcels to the door, so I'll get it on Saturday if I am lucky.

Amazon needs to use UPS or Fedex for 2 day service.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 1:31 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not convinced by UPS, I've had some questionable dealings with them recently.

I ordered a few things at Christmas from places that used UPS to deliver. One gift in particular was valuable, so I worked from home the day it was meant to be delivered. When my husband came home around 7pm, he asked why I'd left the UPS package on the front stoop for anyone to come and take.

What?! I was at home all day, no one came and rang the doorbell, they just left the package and drove off.

A week later I was expecting something else, again, delivered by UPS... so I worked from home, and sat where I had a view of the driveway. Mid-afternoon saw the truck pull up, guy get out, set down the parcel, and leave. No knock, no ringing the doorbell, nothing. SUPER ANNOYING. Why can't they ring the friggin doorbell at a minimum?! It's not like that requires THAT much effort.

So for stuff like that, I actually prefer that Canada Post leaves it in the separate box... at least I know my stuff isn't going to be just left in plain sight!
Old Mar 12th 2015, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

Our UPS driver rings the door bell or knocks before leaving if it doesn't require a signature.

I just hate Canada Post as I can never get the item the day it's supposed to be delivered since they refuse to deliver parcels to the door, and Shopper's is so slow at processing them.

I know I won't be able to pick up the parcel due tomorrow until Sat because they won't do anything but leave a notice to pick it up on Saturday after 1pm.

It's been 6 years or so since Canada Post has delivered a parcel to my door, since then it's been nothing but pick up notices, so very annoying.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

Wifey ordered something from the US, which as usual, got stuck in customs for a week or so. Postage from LA to Canada was $14.

Two of the items were the wrong size, so have been sent back for a swap today. Postage from Canada to LA: $31.

The package was about the size of a postcard and maybe a centimetre thick
Old Mar 13th 2015, 2:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jericho79
Wifey ordered something from the US, which as usual, got stuck in customs for a week or so. Postage from LA to Canada was $14.

Two of the items were the wrong size, so have been sent back for a swap today. Postage from Canada to LA: $31.

The package was about the size of a postcard and maybe a centimetre thick
Canada Post rates have become idiotically high for even the smallest of parcels. I stopped sending parcels home for Christmas because of it. I just order on Amazon.com now, and ship it free direct to them, and no customs delays either.

My UPS package arrived today, took less then 12 hours from the time of first scan in Burnaby to Delivery.

My Canada Post package is still in Richmond, no scan since the original saying it was processed.
Old Mar 14th 2015, 8:47 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jericho79
Whilst in the UK, Amazon are now offering same day delivery. Same day!
You can get same day delivery in Vancouver from Amazon at some postcodes. Last week I ordered something and it came the next day (by Canada Post). I was well surprised!
Old Mar 14th 2015, 9:16 am
Account Closed

The Canada Post package that was supposed to be 2 day did not arrive as it was supposed to, the last scan was in Richmond saying it departed sort facility but has not been scanned since.

I complained to Amazon and they refunded the shipping charge for 2 day I paid for.

This is why I would never pay for their prime, they insist on using Canada Post who cannot get things here in 2 days.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 3:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

My parcel - via Canada Post - arrived exactly when they said it would.

Old Mar 20th 2015, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This is why I would never pay for their prime, they insist on using Canada Post who cannot get things here in 2 days.
Amazon Prime almost exclusively uses UPS. They do actually manage to deliver on time, although they have a habit of leaving things on the doorstep.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by withabix
Amazon Prime almost exclusively uses UPS. They do actually manage to deliver on time, although they have a habit of leaving things on the doorstep.
For large regions like Abby and Vancouver and the like they might, but they certainly don't for smaller towns like Squamish or at least they never have for me. Everything from free shipping to paid 2nd day service to the brief time I had Prime came by Canada Post.

UPS and Fedex are not too keen on smaller towns, we do have service from both, but generally have to pay a premium for their service, so Amazon may just not find them cost effective to use to smaller towns.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
My parcel - via Canada Post - arrived exactly when they said it would.

I have one due to arrive today from Amazon, well I'll hopefully get the pick up notice today, and be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Online delivery estimate say's today, but there has been no scan since the 18th when it said item processed in Richmond, BC so guess we shall see if the little pick up slip comes today......
Old Mar 21st 2015, 2:56 am
Account Closed

I have one due to arrive today from Amazon, well I'll hopefully get the pick up notice today, and be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Online delivery estimate say's today, but there has been no scan since the 18th when it said item processed in Richmond, BC so guess we shall see if the little pick up slip comes today......
Did not arrive, no new scan info, but still say's estimated delivery March 20, 2015.

You'd think it was coming from some far off land, but it's only about 100km's to the Amazon plant and about the same to the Canada Post processing plant.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 1:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Did not arrive, no new scan info, but still say's estimated delivery March 20, 2015.
What I thought funny was that five minutes after delivery exactly as advised, I got an email telling me the parcel had been delivered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.