Dear Boris

Old Aug 3rd 2021, 6:39 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Boris

Originally Posted by jackinthetree
Dear Boris,

You're a lying, spineless twat.

Signed,

Jack
The truly sad thing is that just about everybody knew, and has always known, that Johnson is a lying, spineless twat - even his school report card could be neatly paraphrased as "Johnson is a lying, spineless twat." But that didn't stop Tories putting him forward for the party leadership even though they knew he was a lying, spineless twat, and it didn't stop millions of people voting for him even though they knew he was a lying, spineless twat.

All I can do is hope there is at least a glimmer of 'buyer's remorse' among those who selected him and voted for him, otherwise I fear for what might follow him.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 9:12 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
DILLIGAF? As I said, I don't care either way - it was tongue in cheek - a bit of banter with dbd!
I know you were... I was pointing out why some people believed that...
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
The truly sad thing is that just about everybody knew, and has always known, that Johnson is a lying, spineless twat - even his school report card could be neatly paraphrased as "Johnson is a lying, spineless twat." But that didn't stop Tories putting him forward for the party leadership even though they knew he was a lying, spineless twat, and it didn't stop millions of people voting for him even though they knew he was a lying, spineless twat.

All I can do is hope there is at least a glimmer of 'buyer's remorse' among those who selected him and voted for him, otherwise I fear for what might follow him.
Jingsamichty

That's what makes me fear for this world sometimes. It's these people who dominate the top positions. It's the willingness of the general population to de-prioritize ethics and values for what? - It's usually hate for something.

Brexit activated the hate button that has been simmering in Daily Fail and other places. Every time I read that rag, I see the mindset of 49% of the population.

And people are so ignorant. It's like they (we) don't understand that Government requires people with credentials and competencies. Donald Dwump has raised almost $60M USD this year alone....

Sometimes I think the human race is really quite awful but there are so many good people too that we can't give up right?
Old Aug 6th 2021, 3:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dbd33
Isn't Brexit a demonstration that the UK government also doesn't give a monkey's about UK citizens that do live in the UK?
It rather does.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
My partner and I are considering moving to Canada. We have one child and another on the way. I also have other children but I don't know how many.

I'd like to move away from the UK because some fool has been mucking everything up for everyone here.

I'm sure Canada is a good place to raise my kids, though not all of them of course since I don't know where they are, so just these two.

I have some experience of North America so Canada wouldn't come as a complete surprise but I'm looking for suggestions as to where to live. Money is no object but I wouldn't mind a nice job. I've heard there may be a position coming up soon that would be very suitable for me. What is the Sussex Drive neighbourhood like?
I like it.

There really needs to be something (I don't know what) done about the p*ss poor quality of people who stand for election. I am watching the NS elections and can't believe any of these muppets is worth a vote, irrespective if they supposedly share your political view.. And then you have Trudeau...
Old Aug 8th 2021, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tumbling_Dice
I like it.

There really needs to be something (I don't know what) done about the p*ss poor quality of people who stand for election. I am watching the NS elections and can't believe any of these muppets is worth a vote, irrespective if they supposedly share your political view.. And then you have Trudeau...
I had this discussion on Facebook with someone who complained that the Scottish Green Party weren't holding the SNP accountable. I told them that if they wanted change within the Green Party, become a member and stand as a candidate. They said they'd never give up their membership of Scottish Labour, so I told them to stop whining about the Green Party.

I'm not suggesting you're whining, what I am suggesting is that parties can only select those of it's members who choose to be candidates, and the public can only vote for those whose names are on the ballot paper. Be the change you want to see.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I had this discussion on Facebook with someone who complained that the Scottish Green Party weren't holding the SNP accountable. I told them that if they wanted change within the Green Party, become a member and stand as a candidate. They said they'd never give up their membership of Scottish Labour, so I told them to stop whining about the Green Party.

I'm not suggesting you're whining, what I am suggesting is that parties can only select those of it's members who choose to be candidates, and the public can only vote for those whose names are on the ballot paper. Be the change you want to see.
It is a good point but I am not sure it is that simple.

Political parties seem to be very ideological these days, to the point of being unable to appreciate nuance, and I would suggest this is at least in part responsible for a low calibre of person being selected. I mean, I myself would consider myself a traditional conservative on some things, but on other matters would probably be classified as holding a more left wing view. Let's say I brought all sorts of goodies to the table that would make me a good candidate - if I did not subscribe to some of the party's ideology I suspect I would be discounted in favour of the individual who was ideologically pure, despite being a waste of space otherwise. I saw this in action (not me) with some people I knew back in NI who tried to get selected for a certain party and were knocked down in favour of verifiable morons for the reasons I have outlined. Not saying this is universally applicable, or is the only reason, but the barriers to entry for quality candidates seem to be rather high.

I am not sure what the answers are, or if there are answers. But we are all scratching our heads that people like Johnson, Trump or Trudeau can rise to the position of running major countries with little to nothing to commend them.