Dear Boris

Old Jul 30th 2021, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Boris

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But its ok to expect the govt to care about those who emigrated to the US and Europe?

Speaking as an expat who is paying NI, and but for COVID would now be wrapping things up and returning to the UK permanently,
My commiserations....
Old Jul 30th 2021, 11:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

But its ok to expect the govt to care about those who emigrated to the US and Europe?
No, if people choose to leave then there's no reason for them to be a matter of interest to the government, regardless of where they went. I suppose there's a case that people who went to Europe didn't really leave, they were still in the EU, and they've been especially shafted. I sympathize with that but this government has maltreated so many people that it's difficult to know which victims most deserve support.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 4:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Speaking as an expat who is paying NI, and but for COVID would now be wrapping things up and returning to the UK permanently,
Oh poo. Did you bring your return forward then? I thought you were hanging on , a bit stuffed, until Oz Super or something.

We would have been back for a recce & a perm. return mid last year but for Covid. Now I cannot see us financially being able to do that.

Originally Posted by dbd33
I sympathize with that but this government has maltreated so many people that it's difficult to know which victims most deserve support.
True enough. I cannot understand why anyone would think the present UK Govt OK so in that respect we feel glad to have not found ourselves in that pea souper .

Old Aug 1st 2021, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
True, but:
  1. Boris isn't going to read this thread so it's really just a bunch of expats venting. Go with it.
  2. My mum is a lifelong tory voter but ain't going to vote for them again if I can't come over to for her 80th birthday in September.
  3. See point 1. Again.
:-)
Fair enough. Canada will likely be added to the green list soon anyway so I don't see what the fuss is about.

Boris, however, seems to be someone who wanted to become Prime Minister, rather than be Prime Minister, given the way he "governs". He seems bored and put upon with it all. He may be reading these forums to see where he can go. Can you imagine his first post?
Old Aug 1st 2021, 3:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tumbling_Dice
Boris, however, seems to be someone who wanted to become Prime Minister, rather than be Prime Minister, given the way he "governs". He seems bored and put upon with it all. He may be reading these forums to see where he can go. Can you imagine his first post?
My partner and I are considering moving to Canada. We have one child and another on the way. I also have other children but I don't know how many.

I'd like to move away from the UK because some fool has been mucking everything up for everyone here.

I'm sure Canada is a good place to raise my kids, though not all of them of course since I don't know where they are, so just these two.

I have some experience of North America so Canada wouldn't come as a complete surprise but I'm looking for suggestions as to where to live. Money is no object but I wouldn't mind a nice job. I've heard there may be a position coming up soon that would be very suitable for me. What is the Sussex Drive neighbourhood like?

Old Aug 1st 2021, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
My partner and I are considering moving to Canada. We have one child and another on the way. I also have other children but I don't know how many.

I'd like to move away from the UK because some fool has been mucking everything up for everyone here.

I'm sure Canada is a good place to raise my kids, though not all of them of course since I don't know where they are, so just these two.

I have some experience of North America so Canada wouldn't come as a complete surprise but I'm looking for suggestions as to where to live. Money is no object but I wouldn't mind a nice job. I've heard there may be a position coming up soon that would be very suitable for me. What is the Sussex Drive neighbourhood like?
Iqaluit, Nunavut is apparently nice this time of year
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 8:35 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Dear Boris
I am not trying to be confrontational by writing this letter but is your shoe size bigger than your IQ?
I see you have just decided that US citizens/permanent residents of the US who have been fully vaccinated can now visit the UK without the need for quarantining on arrival in the UK.

Perhaps you are unaware that there are thousands of UK citizens who live, work and study in Canada and who are fully vaccinated but if they were to return to the UK then they would need to quarantine. It may have also escaped your attention that Canada has a larger percentage of residents fully vaccinated than the USA and I believe until yesterday than the UK itself. So what have we expats in Canada done wrong that you find the necessity that we need to quarantine if travelling back to the UK?

Signed very angry expats across all of Canada.
Oh dear, FL. I think it's quite endearing that you think that the UK government ought to give a monkey's about UK citizens that don't live in the UK anymore. It's almost like you've forgotten about Brexit.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 12:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Oh dear, FL. I think it's quite endearing that you think that the UK government ought to give a monkey's about UK citizens that don't live in the UK anymore. It's almost like you've forgotten about Brexit.
Isn't Brexit a demonstration that the UK government also doesn't give a monkey's about UK citizens that do live in the UK?
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 1:32 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Brexit a demonstration that the UK government also doesn't give a monkey's about UK citizens that do live in the UK?
Indeed it is.

How can Johnson possibly spare any time on such weighty matters as the vaccination status of Brits in Canada when he spends his evenings fretting about the price of wallpaper and impregnating ladies.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 3:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That would depend on your personal point of view, I'm sure many people believe that Brexit demonstrates that the UK Govt cares a lot more about UK citizens than filling the fat pockets of euro mp's etc.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 7:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That would depend on your personal point of view, I'm sure many people believe that Brexit demonstrates that the UK Govt cares a lot more about UK citizens than filling the fat pockets of euro mp's etc.
Euro MPs, such as Nigel Farage, were UK citizens. He may still be.

This is a fun summary of one aspect of the Brexit disaster: https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/the-digby-jones-index/
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'm sure many people believe that the pockets of Euro MPs were being lined, because the likes of the Daily Mail were telling many people that this was what was happening....

The current gross wage for an MEP is €8,995.39 a month, which works out to €107,944.68 per year. At todays rate on XE.com, that's £92,271.94 a year. A UK MP gets £81,932 a year.

The UK had 73 MEPs, most of whom attended meetings and served the UK's interests well. Others, from one particular UK political party in particular, didn't. But you didn't see that reported.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 12:59 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I'm sure many people believe that the pockets of Euro MPs were being lined, because the likes of the Daily Mail were telling many people that this was what was happening....

The current gross wage for an MEP is €8,995.39 a month, which works out to €107,944.68 per year. At todays rate on XE.com, that's £92,271.94 a year. A UK MP gets £81,932 a year.

The UK had 73 MEPs, most of whom attended meetings and served the UK's interests well. Others, from one particular UK political party in particular, didn't. But you didn't see that reported.
DILLIGAF? As I said, I don't care either way - it was tongue in cheek - a bit of banter with dbd!
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

Yes
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Boris,

You're a lying, spineless twat.

Signed,

Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.