Dave Lee Travis

Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:04 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dave Lee Travis

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
That's fine, so long as you accept that it is fine for the reputation of one person to be trashed, without them being able to identify the person responsible for the trashing.
Im fine with that if the crown believe that there is enough evidence to warrant a charge.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:05 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=PeterF;11090079][QUOTE=bats;11090050]
Originally Posted by PeterF

The whole fall out from the Jimmy Saville case, not this single case.
Fall out, as in people having to account for their behaviour. Which you think is ok as it was a longish time ago.

Anyone in authority fiddle with your willy when you were young?
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
His lawyer didnt.
The Judge must have believed it was appropriate otherwise the Judge would have put a stop to it and, when doing so, the received wisdom it that it makes the jury more sympathetic to the accuser's version of events.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Why then would the lawyers on one side try to introduce something that they know will not be admissible?
They clearly believed the testimony to be relevant and admissible, but the judge, after due deliberation, did not. They screwed up.
The Judge or the lawyer?

Lawyers will, generally, use every weapon in their arsenal to achieve what their client wants them to achieve, subject to ethical restraints, of course.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:09 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

This thread's depressing.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bats
Isn't the accuser the Crown after deciding that there is a case to answer?
No, not in the context I was discussing.
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

The Judge must have believed it was appropriate otherwise the Judge would have put a stop to it and, when doing so, the received wisdom it that it makes the jury more sympathetic to the accuser's version of events.
Right, and if you dont already know my view of the judge you can probably guess its not overly favourable.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Im fine with that if the crown believe that there is enough evidence to warrant a charge.
OK, I'm not.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

The Judge or the lawyer?

Yes...
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Right, and if you dont already know my view of the judge you can probably guess its not overly favourable.
That is what everyone that doesn't get the verdict they wish thinks.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Oink
+1.

Im off for a drink.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:12 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the accuser the Crown after deciding that there is a case to answer?
Been sorting out the kids so will sift out the other comments to me in a bit. Bats you're right, I was told the choice to prosecute was not mine, the only thing I could do was to retract my statement, but it's up to CPS to decide whether to prosecute or not.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:19 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I agree. I had to go and watch a Benny Hill video just for balance.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bats;11090093][QUOTE=PeterF;11090079]

Fall out, as in people having to account for their behaviour. Which you think is ok as it was a longish time ago.

Anyone in authority fiddle with your willy when you were young?
FFS I HAVE NEVER SAID IT WAS OK, I CANNOT HELP IT IF YOUR A BLIND IDIOT WHO CANNOT READ.

My whole point was.

1. It was a long time ago.

2. Nobody was killed or raped.

3. Proving will be difficult after such a long time (the act itself would be difficult to prove if no-one saw it).

4. At that time in the 70's, as bad as it would have been to the person, society as a whole did not treat such things as seriously as they do today.

5. Because of 4, the perpetrator would probably have not been chastised against such behaviour (at the early stages even before it got as far as it did) which may have stopped it getting any further.

6. It is costing a lot of money and no good will come of it now.

And no, no-one of authority ever fiddled with my willy when I was young, although I was the recipient of an unwanted attempted gay fondle, which even in my drunken state I fought my way out of. Has it given me nightmares all my life, absolutely not.

If he (DLT) had forced himself on someone and attempted rape, then I would see the need, for someone acting the dick and thinking himself free to touch where he wanted at a time when he was allowed to get away with it, no, I don't see the need for it now (for the 6 reasons above and given time I could probably think of more).

So one final time NO I DO NOT THINK IT WAS OK!! rightio?
Old Jan 21st 2014, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I agree. I had to go and watch a Benny Hill video just for balance.
Which sums up the time really doesn't it, a TV show that everyone loves that couldn't possibly be made today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.