Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Cycling from Kanata to Downtown Ottawa

Wikiposts

Cycling from Kanata to Downtown Ottawa

Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice
Default Cycling from Kanata to Downtown Ottawa

Hi Guys,

Completely random question - but does anyone know how long it would take to cycle from Kanata to Downtown Ottawa on the cycle path? I'll have my 2 kids with me, the 5 year old on a 3rd wheel trailer type thing and the 8 year old under his own steam! Can't seem to find the cycle paths on Google.

Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cycling from Kanata to Downtown Ottawa

you are kidding right??? No.1 there are no cycle paths that go cross country. The cycle paths would stop once you've left Kanata. Kanata is some 20 miles from downtown Ottawa if not more. Not of course unless you are an "olympic" trained family in which case, "crack on"
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

compchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mardyarse
you are kidding right??? No.1 there are no cycle paths that go cross country. The cycle paths would stop once you've left Kanata. Kanata is some 20 miles from downtown Ottawa if not more. Not of course unless you are an "olympic" trained family in which case, "crack on"
There are quite a few paths that will take you downtown - personally i've been from Stittsville to the Parliament buildings without any problems. I work in Kanata and we even have a couple of guys that cycle in from Orleans and Hull. I wouldn't attempt it with kids though - it is a bit of a trek!

Kriss
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by compchris
There are quite a few paths that will take you downtown - personally i've been from Stittsville to the Parliament buildings without any problems. I work in Kanata and we even have a couple of guys that cycle in from Orleans and Hull. I wouldn't attempt it with kids though - it is a bit of a trek!

Kriss
stand corrected, didn't know that cross country cycle paths existed to downtown and this is coming from someone with a bike in the garage that still has no dirt on the wheels! Still as you say, not to be done with kids.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

compchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant future

I knew I had it somewhere :

http://apps104.ottawa.ca/emap/?lang=...wa_cycling.mwf

Should give you all the cycle routes in Ottawa, there is a google maps version out these somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.

Hope this helps!

Kriss
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies! Have just returned from our trek - 2 hours each way and a total of 31.3 miles! Had a great day out - I am extremely knackered now, but 8 years old and 5 year old are still running around!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Batfink
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies! Have just returned from our trek - 2 hours each way and a total of 31.3 miles! Had a great day out - I am extremely knackered now, but 8 years old and 5 year old are still running around!
WOW what the hec are you feeding them???