Cuba

Old Oct 5th 2017, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cuba

Originally Posted by dbd33
Or Italy. I hadn't given Italy any thought a month ago but 350 euros got me four nights in a villa with a pool, no neighbours, and a view of the sea. There was all manner of wonderful food available by pointing and waving money and reasonable enough wine for 7 euros the bottle. Getting there took a long time but, if you're not working, that shouldn't be a problem.
The coastline in Liguria is nice with lots of towns and good train service and the Alps (I like to ski) are nearby but there are also small villages with villas etc all over Italy.

350 euros for 4 nights seems good. Where approximately is it?

This couple gave up the rat race and now run a hotel/touring company in southern italy.

Ottawa couple giving up 'rat race' to launch Italian tour company | Metro Ottawa
Old Oct 5th 2017, 4:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
The coastline in Liguria is nice with lots of towns and good train service and the Alps (I like to ski) are nearby but there are also small villages with villas etc all over Italy.

350 euros for 4 nights seems good. Where approximately is it?
Pantelleria. Yes, driving is involved but you can find a place with a nice view from the terrace.

The problem with these destinations is, of course, that we're starting in the wrong place. EasyJet doesn't even come to Canada.
Attached Thumbnails Cuba-dsc_0681.jpg  

Last edited by dbd33; Oct 5th 2017 at 5:02 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:04 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the nice islands in the Caribbean, why would you want to go to somewhere run down or unsafe? Rule of thumb, stay away from the Spanish speaking and American influenced islands and you should be okay.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Rule of thumb, stay away from the Spanish speaking and American influenced islands and you should be okay.
Doesn't that put you in Jamaica?
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:42 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Doesn't that put you in Jamaica?
I’d suggest that the Americans have influenced Jamaica.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the nice islands in the Caribbean, why would you want to go to somewhere run down or unsafe? Rule of thumb, stay away from the Spanish speaking and American influenced islands and you should be okay.
That leaves places like Aruba, Montserrat, Antigua, Barbuda (not much left there), St Maarten, Barbados, Dominica and TT.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair Cuba might be run down but I believe the crime rate is very low... Unlike some of the caribean, they don't tell you to remain on the resort in Cuba for your safety...
Old Oct 5th 2017, 6:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I’d suggest that the Americans have influenced Jamaica.
Other way around, surely ...
Old Oct 5th 2017, 6:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
To be fair Cuba might be run down but I believe the crime rate is very low... Unlike some of the caribean, they don't tell you to remain on the resort in Cuba for your safety...
Expedia seems to have a better selection/price choice than is available on sites like Sunwing and Westjet but I can't seem to get any results for Cuba on expedia.

Plus Sunwing/Westjet don't seem to start until well into Feb
Old Oct 5th 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
That leaves places like Aruba, Montserrat, Antigua, Barbuda (not much left there), St Maarten, Barbados, Dominica and TT.
There's lots of islands in the Caribbean that are pleasant. Let the fat Americans and Canadians go to the horrible ones.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Expedia seems to have a better selection/price choice than is available on sites like Sunwing and Westjet but I can't seem to get any results for Cuba on expedia.

We went with Air Transat... check them out...
Old Oct 5th 2017, 7:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I will. They came up on a search result yesterday but I didn't get to them.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

As far as Im aware you have never been able to use Expedia.ca to search for Cuban vacations.
Due to the relative size of Moncton Sunwing don't fly out of smaller airports until Jan/Feb. You can get a flight from Winnipeg/Calgary etc from November.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:13 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
As far as Im aware you have never been able to use Expedia.ca to search for Cuban vacations.
That's weird. Curious as to why, I googled expedia.ca together with Cuba and a page came up with "all Cuba" as search destination. I put the same details in that I've been using for dates and numbers and I got some results. Quite a bit more expensive than Mexico, although I did find one for just over $1000 each going Feb 8.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:26 pm
Oscar nominated

Nothing before March

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.