British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Crystal Ski offering pleasure trips to Canada during Covid19? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/crystal-ski-offering-pleasure-trips-canada-during-covid19-936573/)

OrangeMango Jan 13th 2021 4:53 pm

Crystal Ski offering pleasure trips to Canada during Covid19?

I am a little surprised that Crystal Ski are offering pleasure trips for skiing to Canada.

Apart from the irresponsible action, but is this really taking place? Am I missing something? I thought Canada banned tourists completely during the pandemic? Or is it just a way for Crystal Ski to make a bit of money, and later on (maybe) refund the money for trips / flights that never take place?

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-res...-ski-holidays/

scrubbedexpat091 Jan 13th 2021 6:16 pm

Re: Crystal Ski offering pleasure trips to Canada during Covid19?

Certainly not a viable option for most this year, odd they would be selling something when they know tourists can't enter Canada. I don't even see a disclaimer about that when I was looking around doing pretend bookings got all the way to where you need to put in your name, and personal info and still no disclaimer about it.

We are not even supposed to travel to ski hills not in our region, Vancouver residents are not even supposed to go to Whistler.

caretaker Jan 13th 2021 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12958326)
Certainly not a viable option for most this year, odd they would be selling something when they know tourists can't enter Canada. I don't even see a disclaimer about that when I was looking around doing pretend bookings got all the way to where you need to put in your name, and personal info and still no disclaimer about it.
We are not even supposed to travel to ski hills not in our region, Vancouver residents are not even supposed to go to Whistler.

It looks like an attempt to sell then re-book/amend for later or another destination when Canada shuts them out:
"If, when you are due to travel, there are local restrictions in your destination that mean there is a major change to the holiday you booked then we’ll proactively contact you to offer you an alternative destination similar to your booked holiday, or you can choose your own resort and accommodation, however you’ll be required to pay any additional costs, or you can cancel your holiday free of charge and receive a full refund."
Maybe desperation, or maybe trying to get money on the books then shift the destination to somewhere possible. Hard to believe they think Canada is going to open up this ski season. I'm as much a businessman as I am a skier. :lol:

OrangeMango Jan 13th 2021 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 12958423)
It looks like an attempt to sell then re-book/amend for later or another destination when Canada shuts them out:
"If, when you are due to travel, there are local restrictions in your destination that mean there is a major change to the holiday you booked then we’ll proactively contact you to offer you an alternative destination similar to your booked holiday, or you can choose your own resort and accommodation, however you’ll be required to pay any additional costs, or you can cancel your holiday free of charge and receive a full refund."
Maybe desperation, or maybe trying to get money on the books then shift the destination to somewhere possible. Hard to believe they think Canada is going to open up this ski season. I'm as much a businessman as I am a skier. :lol:

I figured something like that. It's like one of these airlines selling tickets for flights which never take off.

Timmy Chch Jan 14th 2021 3:40 am

To be fair don't the dates start from dec 21 (was on the resort I clicked on, that was earliest date possible)? So not completely out the question. I suppose you'd have to be a glass half full not half empty and hope for the best!

scilly Jan 14th 2021 11:09 pm

The BC Premier said today that he is looking at ways in which he can declare BCD closed to out-of-province travellers ................ Whistler had a lot of visitors from the US during the holiday, and now they have outbreaks of covid. Plus, the medics are reporting treating non-Canadian residents for covid in the local small medical clinic.

I think Horgan is looking at travel both from other provinces and from out-of-country ........ although the Feds have a lot of restrictions on foreign visitors, people are getting in.

withabix Jan 15th 2021 2:39 am

A lot of travel companies are taking part in the same scam.

WestJet are still offering vacations on flights that don’t exist in February and March. Just so that they keep your cash and swap it for “WestJet Dollars”.

They still owe me $5000 for a vacation booked for last April to Mexico (booked in 2019 before anyone had heard of Wuhan). I rejected their refund in WestJet Dollars and will be starting a BC Consumer Protection Act action against them in February, assuming they don’t give in or go bust before then.