Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Cruising Royal Caribbean Excursions

Cruising Royal Caribbean Excursions

Old Jan 14th 2019, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cruising Royal Caribbean Excursions

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
I also forgot to point out that we are not travelling by air but by car.
You will need ESTA at the land border. You will not go through US Immigration when you board the ship. If you are visiting the Bahamas or Caribbean, you will not go through US Imm. when you reboard.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jersey,

I have crossed numerous times before from Canada into the U.S admittedly not going on vacation but just staying over for a day or two at a time. I have never been asked for an ESTA yet and just presented my Perm Res Card and passport. I mean its no big deal. I would sooner have it in my hand and be worry free than having my wife stare at me with that look of death glare!!

Thanks

Farmboy
Old Jan 14th 2019, 6:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jersey,

I have crossed numerous times before from Canada into the U.S admittedly not going on vacation but just staying over for a day or two at a time. I have never been asked for an ESTA yet and just presented my Perm Res Card and passport. I mean its no big deal. I would sooner have it in my hand and be worry free than having my wife stare at me with that look of death glare!!

Thanks

Farmboy
You don’t need ESTA...you will need a VWP which you pay for at the border for a few $.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jersey

I do remember one time when we were going across for a trip and we had to go into the building and fill out a bunch of paper work before getting a little green piece of paper attached inside our passports!
If thats what it takes then no worries. We plan to leave at stupid o'clock anyways to get across the border with minimal hassle. However with the whole Government shutdown going on at the minute you never know!!

Fingers Crossed

Regards

Farmboy
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning folks,

The family and I are heading on a trip in the next week cruising with Royal Caribbean down to Florida and then around the Bahamas. It appears our itinerary has changed and we now get to spend longer in Port Canaveral.
We are contemplating going to Disney World. Our three kids are 13, 11 and 9 and would really get the value out of a day on gut wrenching rides unlike their father!!
all of the Excursions look to be priced at a premium and I was wondering what previous holiday makers experiences were? Royal Caribbean are running transportation to the parks with a designated drop off and pick up time so that you make it back to the ship which is what my wife is panicking about!!
Is it worth it trying to organise cheaper travel to and from the park or do you just go along with the herd? Where is the best place to purchase park entrance tickets?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Farmboy
Sorry but your kids would be disappointed in Disney World and the so called gut wrenching rides. Instead take them to Universal. A new and fantastic park. I was there last year with the grandkids and we did both Disney and Universal. Vowed never to go back to Disney. It is old and tired. Universal is new, bright, great rides and displays.