Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Cruising Royal Caribbean Excursions

Cruising Royal Caribbean Excursions

Old Jan 14th 2019, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cruising Royal Caribbean Excursions

Good Morning folks,

The family and I are heading on a trip in the next week cruising with Royal Caribbean down to Florida and then around the Bahamas. It appears our itinerary has changed and we now get to spend longer in Port Canaveral.
We are contemplating going to Disney World. Our three kids are 13, 11 and 9 and would really get the value out of a day on gut wrenching rides unlike their father!!
all of the Excursions look to be priced at a premium and I was wondering what previous holiday makers experiences were? Royal Caribbean are running transportation to the parks with a designated drop off and pick up time so that you make it back to the ship which is what my wife is panicking about!!
Is it worth it trying to organise cheaper travel to and from the park or do you just go along with the herd? Where is the best place to purchase park entrance tickets?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Farmboy
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cruising Royal Caribbean Excursions

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Good Morning folks,

The family and I are heading on a trip in the next week cruising with Royal Caribbean down to Florida and then around the Bahamas. It appears our itinerary has changed and we now get to spend longer in Port Canaveral.
We are contemplating going to Disney World. Our three kids are 13, 11 and 9 and would really get the value out of a day on gut wrenching rides unlike their father!!
all of the Excursions look to be priced at a premium and I was wondering what previous holiday makers experiences were? Royal Caribbean are running transportation to the parks with a designated drop off and pick up time so that you make it back to the ship which is what my wife is panicking about!!
Is it worth it trying to organise cheaper travel to and from the park or do you just go along with the herd? Where is the best place to purchase park entrance tickets?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Farmboy
I assume that you have the required ESTA visas for the US?
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike,

We are Permanent residents in Canada. Do we still require ESTA's?

Thanks

Farmboy
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I also forgot to point out that we are not travelling by air but by car.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:31 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike,

We are Permanent residents in Canada. Do we still require ESTA's?

Thanks

Farmboy
ESTA need is based on passport not residency. If you have British passports then , yes you need them
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Passports. I just checked the list of 38 countries and looks like we are ok.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning folks,

Thanks for your help

Regards

Farmboy

We have done similar cruises from NYC. Cape Canaveral is a tiny town...there is not much to do there, but there are beaches nearby.

We took the cruse line’s excursion to Disney. I recommend this because if there is any type of delay the ship will wait for you. We have done the tour around the space station but that was many years ago, when we were actually staying in Orlando.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:41 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

that list of 38 countries is the list of ones that require ESTA
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internati...system-travel#

you need one as an Irish Citizen
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jerseygirl,

I just priced 1 day tickets into the park for us and unless i hit the button wrong but i did check it a couple of times it was coming out at over $600 Us for the day
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I just priced 1 day tickets into the park for us and unless i hit the button wrong but i did check it a couple of times it was coming out at over $600 Us for the day
At those prices, I'd just dress myself and your wife up as Mickey and Minnie and take the kids for an ice-cream!
Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:08 pm
Professional Cat herder

I also forgot to point out that we are not travelling by air but by car.
sorry missed that. you'll need VWP at the border I think then
Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jerseygirl,

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...s/theme-parks/
$109 for 1 day per person over 10 years old. $580 for 5 tickets (including taxes)
Still ridiculously expensive!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 14th 2019 at 4:38 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah thats way overpriced!!!
I think we will look at other options like the Space Station tour our the Swamp boat tour.

Looks like we will have to do Disney World etc on a planned trip some other time.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 5:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah thats way overpriced!!!
I think we will look at other options like the Space Station tour our the Swamp boat tour.

Looks like we will have to do Disney World etc on a planned trip some other time.

If you do decide to go at another time, sign up for updates as they do specials with things like free nights / upgrades on meal packages / photo packages and sometimes heavy discounts for Canadians.

Old Jan 14th 2019, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Siouxie. Will do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.