Cricket

Old Aug 17th 2017, 11:18 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
Well that was er...pretty predictable.

Stoneman & Westley miss out, Root & Cook cash in. Windies looking like they don't want to be there.

All a bit underwhelming really.
Extremely dull.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was er...pretty predictable.
Stoneman & Westley miss out, Root & Cook cash in. Windies looking like they don't want to be there.
All a bit underwhelming really.
Because of the shambles that the WI cricket administrators have made of our local game, the tourists are actually the WI 'A' Team, and should be playing England 'A'. Even then...
Currently, I'm watching the Caribbean Professional League 20-20 games, which are much more fun!
Old Aug 18th 2017, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Because of the shambles that the WI cricket administrators have made of our local game, the tourists are actually the WI 'A' Team, and should be playing England 'A'. Even then...
Currently, I'm watching the Caribbean Professional League 20-20 games, which are much more fun!
I remember the great Windies team of the 1980s.

So sad to see what has happened since.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Did I say the WI touring team should be playing the England 'A'? I meant the Somerset Seconds.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 11:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the great Windies team of the 1980s.
I remember the WI of the '60s, as a small boy, watching Charlie Griffith's, Wes Hall and actually meeting (briefly) Gary Sobers.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I remember the WI of the '60s, as a small boy, watching Charlie Griffith's, Wes Hall and actually meeting (briefly) Gary Sobers.
One of my enduring memories is of the last over of the Tied Test in 1960, in Brisbane. I breezed into a friend's house after work, to find the whole family around the TV set, riveted. Wikipedia has a ball-by-ball description of the over, if you want to look it up.

Years later, I faced an over of Wes Hall, in a park in Miami. By that time he was bald and a bit heavy, and relatively slow; but as he ran in all I could see was a gold necklace bouncing up and down, and him roaring down the way he used to do. I was scared witless, and never managed to put a bat on ball.

Charlie Griffith toured with a scratch Cayman team that toured the villages of southern England in 1981. By then, he too was much slower than he used to be, but I was very glad to be on the same side as him!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
One of my enduring memories is of the last over of the Tied Test in 1960, in Brisbane. I breezed into a friend's house after work, to find the whole family around the TV set, riveted. Wikipedia has a ball-by-ball description of the over, if you want to look it up.

Years later, I faced an over of Wes Hall, in a park in Miami. By that time he was bald and a bit heavy, and relatively slow; but as he ran in all I could see was a gold necklace bouncing up and down, and him roaring down the way he used to do. I was scared witless, and never managed to put a bat on ball.

Charlie Griffith toured with a scratch Cayman team that toured the villages of southern England in 1981. By then, he too was much slower than he used to be, but I was very glad to be on the same side as him!

Wonderful memories and thanks for sharing.

I remember seeing Big Bird bowling at Lords early 90s (vs Transvaal as a welcome back match). He was frightening then, aged in his 40s....
Old Aug 29th 2017, 8:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Stunning photos show 'Maasai Cricket Warriors' | Daily Mail Online

For those interested...thought this was rather cool myself.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
Stunning photos show 'Maasai Cricket Warriors' | Daily Mail Online
For those interested...thought this was rather cool myself.
That's a great link, Bob - deserving of a re-post to my thread in the Locker Room section of "General", titled "Amateur Cricket around the world". Would you mind doing it? The mods give me a hard time if I post too much to my own threads. Thanks.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:14 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watching this? Windies on fire, England in a tailspin.

Edited to note, bad light saves the day. Let's hope the sun comes out tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Oink; Sep 7th 2017 at 5:35 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oink
Anyone watching this? Windies on fire, England in a tailspin.

Edited to note, bad light saves the day. Let's hope the sun comes out tomorrow morning.
....then Stokes can complete his Botham impressions.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well this is good old fashioned tail end slogging. Terrific stuff.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

JIMMY!

500 - well done lad

FS Trueman when asked if his (then record) 307 test wickets would ever be broken. He quipped: "Aye, but whoever does it will be bloody tired"
Old Sep 8th 2017, 5:13 pm

JIMMY!

500 - well done lad

FS Trueman when asked if his (then record) 307 test wickets would ever be broken. He quipped: "Aye, but whoever does it will be bloody tired"
Yes quite an achievement for a pace bowler
Old Sep 8th 2017, 8:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I've got tickets for the IT20 at Chester-le-Street next Saturday. A mate of mine from Kent is coming up to join me. F***ing outrageous that Ben Stokes is being "rested".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.