Cricket

Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket

Originally Posted by Oink
Actually the England v Aussie match is on Thursday night. 10:20 pm EST and 7:20pm pst. I foresee a,late night at the office with a mega takeaway.
One of these days I'll have to visit your office....during an England match

I too am actually looking forward to the World Cup (although it remains to see if the mind numbing group stages sap that enthusiasm)
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:47 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
One of these days I'll have to visit your office....during an England match

I too am actually looking forward to the World Cup (although it remains to see if the mind numbing group stages sap that enthusiasm)
It does go on a bit I grant you. I think you have to be selective in your viewing as all the decent teams make into the second round anyway
Old Apr 17th 2015, 5:40 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Jimmy hurry it up with the new ball as I've got to get some work in today before I bunk off for the afternoon.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Was anyone able to find video of Jordan's catch yesterday on the 'net ?

I only managed to find Sky commentary feed, which blocked me based on location
Old Apr 17th 2015, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

I think that bowling figures against the West Indies these days need to be discounted, the same way - and for the same reason - that figures against Bangla Desh are discounted. WI is scarcely (or barely) a Test-standard team, now.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:20 pm

I think the Windies are going to do this.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:21 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Was anyone able to find video of Jordan's catch yesterday on the 'net ?

I only managed to find Sky commentary feed, which blocked me based on location
Only video I've found is a Vine clip https://vine.co/v/ezMTUOZHEVA
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Only video I've found is a Vine clip https://vine.co/v/ezMTUOZHEVA
Thanks for that ! Yep, that was indeed a pretty good catch.

I fear Oink is correct & Cook will appear over cautious in his declaration, although to be fair Jimmy has been distracted, Jordan (catching aside) and Stokes are not doing much and Broad has been relatively innocuous.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

YESSSSSSS !!!!

Arise Sir Jimmy of Anderson
Old Apr 17th 2015, 8:11 pm

Well done Jimmy.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

What do Lyth, Rashid and Plunkett have to do to get a game out there?

Broad bowling his medium fast filth....again, but this time in favorable conditions. <sigh>

Last edited by Hawkmoon77; Apr 21st 2015 at 4:31 pm. Reason: typo
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:53 pm

What do Lyth, Rashid and Plunkett have to do to get a game out there?

Broad bowling his medium fast filth....again, but this time in favorable conditions. <sigh>
Broad needs to go back to county cricket and prove himself because he looks very down on pace and accuracy. We're going to get slaughtered in the Ashes with this lot.
Old May 21st 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well that was a jolly old day at HQ.

Shame about Root, Stokes missing tons and Buttler being out last ball.

Otherwise strangely un-England in the run rate.
Old May 21st 2015, 10:57 pm

Well that was a jolly old day at HQ.

Shame about Root, Stokes missing tons and Buttler being out last ball.

Otherwise strangely un-England in the run rate.
I had the misfortune that work was actually work today so I missed the action but from reading the report it was lucky that the ball stopped swinging about mid morning. I agree it was rubbish they both missed out on tons as that would have lifted the team's spirit and given them something to build on this summer. Lets hope the tail and Ali can put on 70+ more runs on, then get that new ball moving about.

I can't imagine there being anything worth starting on a Friday so if I go in to work pretty early I should be able to start watching as they come back from lunch and then I'll take the afternoon off.
Old May 22nd 2015, 3:34 pm

So Lyth, Balance, Bell and Broad made a combined 12 runs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.