Coronavirus

Old Apr 19th 2020, 1:43 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

When I accidentally hit my thumb with a hammer, I learn pretty quick to take more care next time and to wear thick gloves in future.. just in case.
Incidentally I learn that hard objects survive where soft objects don't, it's all a learning experience.
This pandemic is a learning experience, or it should be, the question is whether it'll be understod as such.
Very few will remember what life was like in the era before anti-biotics but if you examine the site freebmd.com and search for deaths for any name you'll understand how fragile life was at a time when living conditions were poor and medical defences were less developed than they are today.
Today we think we're fairly secure but this pandemic has demonstrated that we need to watch out and prepare for the future. As a species we've become a little too conceited.
This death toll has taught us that it's been the little things that matter.
It's the provision, not for aircraft carriers, fighters, nuclear weapons or the need to invade countries we don't like, it's the preparation for hospitals, for beds, for gowns, for masks, for the simple things like gloves that can be used to keep the species alive.
This virus isn't dead it's waiting and there are anti-biotic resistant bacteria out there. It's not rocket science, the lessons are here today for those with minds open enough to learn from them.
I really hope that in the future, funds will be found even at the cost of a few fighter jets, to adequately prepare for an attack from the next virus to target the human species.
We'll be bailing out the airlines, banks in fact anyone lobbying hard enough for cash; let's hope we'll not forget the Civil Defence Against Pandemics and Preservation of Human Life as well.

Old Apr 19th 2020, 2:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking like large events wont be allowed to take place this summer in BC, festivals, weddings, fairs and such.

Old Apr 19th 2020, 2:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
A nice story of misfortune becoming good fortune.
Except for those seniors that had doctor's appointments, needed groceries, medication or daycare workers.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 5:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by caretaker
I went to Can Tire this morning to pick up a 20 pack of disposable masks for my co-worker (she's high risk and isn't supposed to go out) and ran into an old friend at the check-out. These days he is maintenance man in an 84 unit senior's complex. I asked how they were doing, and he said great! Two weeks before all this started, the elevator motor burned out in the building, and it took 2 weeks for Otis to come in, replace the motor and upgrade all the cables and test it, etc, during which time hardly anyone left or entered the building, so there was minimal opportunity for infection.
That's lovely to read for those folks. Silver linings and all that. Sounds like they are doing just great & I bet the most of them are greatly relieved all round. .

Old Apr 19th 2020, 5:15 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Except for those seniors that had doctor's appointments, needed groceries, medication or daycare workers.
So they all died of their ills, went hungry, and were totally neglected because the only way to get in and out was via stairs. You never hear about these horrible things because the news is focused on nursing homes and hospitals where people are dying in droves because they were out and about before the lockdown.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 5:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, obviously. I was referring to caretaker's friend.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 6:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yes, obviously. I was referring to caretaker's friend.
I wasn't.
I am sure these people are all well cared for and their needs looked after. Otherwise Caretaker's pal would have reported otherwise & they would be expiring all over the place as I type.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 8:45 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I wasn't.
I am sure these people are all well cared for and their needs looked after. Otherwise Caretaker's pal would have reported otherwise & they would be expiring all over the place as I type.
I'd call it a lucky coincidence. Because residents in these places are healthy enough to have their own apartments they probably wouldn't be karking it like level 3 and 4 patients in a nursing home, but would all still be high risk due to age. Even though there would have been traffic in the form of relatives bringing in groceries and visiting and some people going out anyway, the broken elevator keeping those with mobility issues at home may have saved them. Anyway, that's what he said, they're great, he's great, his wife is great, his idiot brother moved back home to NS, and we spent 10 minutes in the parking lot catching up shouting at each other from 2 meters apart.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 10:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I wasn't.
I no longer know or care who was talking about whom, I just made a comment to Caretaker and it just snowballed
Old Apr 19th 2020, 2:44 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Another month and we will know if Sweden got it right.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-within-weeks/

Old Apr 19th 2020, 9:38 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say.
https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKBN2200EZ
It's not often that I get "British "..
I left a long time ago, and my heart is not there....BUT I I thInk her majesty has done a fantastic job and I take my hat off and put my face mask on to the woman. Well done...where would we be without her...
Old Apr 19th 2020, 9:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by MillieF
It's not often that I get "British "..
I left a long time ago, and my heart is not there....BUT I I thInk her majesty has done a fantastic job and I take my hat off and put my face mask on to the woman. Well done...where would we be without her...
I'm not British but I love the queen, +1.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 11:44 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I see that there are protests in the US against stay at home policies and well publicised they are.
But it's a little one sided when those who disagree with the protests are staying at home as their state officials request, unable to get their voices heard.
What you don't see referenced in the press are numbers like..
1k protesting, 10M staying at home.

Old Apr 19th 2020, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Went to Rexall pharmacy to get a refill on my Ventolin puffers, was told they didnt have any and would be 3-4 weeks. I have 5 weeks supply left. I take one puff Ventolin, 3 puffs of Atrovent four times a day. Luckilly i have a good stock of the atrovent so should be ok. Is anyone else having problems getting their medications.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 12:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Went to Rexall pharmacy to get a refill on my Ventolin puffers, was told they didnt have any and would be 3-4 weeks. I have 5 weeks supply left. I take one puff Ventolin, 3 puffs of Atrovent four times a day. Luckilly i have a good stock of the atrovent so should be ok. Is anyone else having problems getting their medications.
Not so far but we were warned about potential shortages and refills were limited to one month instead of three to try to avoid problems.

So maybe there was something in it after all and perhaps not just greed and exploitation eh Dave_J?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.