Coronavirus

Old Apr 17th 2020, 7:57 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I agree.

It appears to me that, from what we can tell, those that do not require having to go to hospital have, relatively, minor symptoms, if any at all, and most people appear to fall into this category. That being the case, it appears to me that everyone should go about their normal business and those that are known to be susceptible to a more severe reaction can remain isolated and can make their own choice as to whether they wish to do so.
I was reading this article the other day and it seemed to suggest that disease severity increased with BMI. God help the USA if the floodgates are opened too soon.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I was reading this article the other day and it seemed to suggest that disease severity increased with BMI. God help the USA if the floodgates are opened too soon.
That's interesting. Thank you for that.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Several friends in the UK seem to have had it (couldn't be tested) and it wasn't fun. Friend's partner rang the NHS number as partner pretty ill. Got told to call 999. Rang and they said has he passed out yet? She said No. They said ring back if he does ...

So I wouldn't agree you're either not very ill or severely ill. I think you can feel pretty rough but not need hospitilization.

Last edited by Snowy560; Apr 17th 2020 at 10:26 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I see that the BBC are reporting that clever people at Oxford say they will have a million doses of a vaccine by September l. Great if they can. Using my phone so can't provide a link.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 10:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I see that the BBC are reporting that clever people at Oxford say they will have a million doses of a vaccine by September l. Great if they can. Using my phone so can't provide a link.
pretty much all the Sunday UK papers are reporting same. They also think the vaccine will have an 80% success rate.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 10:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Several friends in the UK seem to have had it (couldn't be tested) and it wasn't fun. Friend's partner rang the NHS number as partner pretty ill. Got told to call 999. Rang and they said has he passed out yet? She said No. They said ring back if he does ...

So I wouldn't agree you're either not very ill or severely ill. I think you can feel pretty rough but not need hospitilization.
Yes. My friend's sister is in that boat. Was taken to hospital with quite some symptoms and sent away after being told it was flu so no test. Was returned to hospital about 5 days later with respiratory difficulties and was admitted so then received the test. No admission = no test from what she was told. Was discharged yesterday or so as improved but is now back in again as all is definitely not OK at all. She will be under 50 yrs old I think.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 7:48 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just so glad that my nan didn't die from the Coronavirus and it was only complications from gonorrhoea that killed her. She did like the young ones.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 11:57 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It appears to me that, from what we can tell, those that do not require having to go to hospital have, relatively, minor symptoms, if any at all, and most people appear to fall into this category. That being the case, it appears to me that everyone should go about their normal business and those that are known to be susceptible to a more severe reaction can remain isolated and can make their own choice as to whether they wish to do so.
As a diabetic yourself and therefore more susceptible to a more severe reaction, is that what you and your family are doing? They can go about their normal business while you decide whether you want to isolate yourself from the increased potential of them bringing something back into your home?
Old Apr 18th 2020, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK
As a diabetic yourself and therefore more susceptible to a more severe reaction, is that what you and your family are doing? They can go about their normal business while you decide whether you want to isolate yourself from the increased potential of them bringing something back into your home?
That is exactly what we are doing and, to be honest with you, I am simply going to work as I usually would, keeping my distance from others as, without doing so, I receive no income.

If I was concerned about the effects to me, I would have to lock myself in a room.. I see it as being about personal tolerance to risk.

My oldest daughter is still working at her part time job at Petsmart most days.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 2:23 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

From the WHO

Although the majority of cases remain mild, almost 40% result in hospitalization and 5% require intensive care.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 3:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Can Tire this morning to pick up a 20 pack of disposable masks for my co-worker (she's high risk and isn't supposed to go out) and ran into an old friend at the check-out. These days he is maintenance man in an 84 unit senior's complex. I asked how they were doing, and he said great! Two weeks before all this started, the elevator motor burned out in the building, and it took 2 weeks for Otis to come in, replace the motor and upgrade all the cables and test it, etc, during which time hardly anyone left or entered the building, so there was minimal opportunity for infection.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 3:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I went to Can Tire this morning to pick up a 20 pack of disposable masks for my co-worker (she's high risk and isn't supposed to go out) and ran into an old friend at the check-out. These days he is maintenance man in an 84 unit senior's complex. I asked how they were doing, and he said great! Two weeks before all this started, the elevator motor burned out in the building, and it took 2 weeks for Otis to come in, replace the motor and upgrade all the cables and test it, etc, during which time hardly anyone left or entered the building, so there was minimal opportunity for infection.
A nice story of misfortune becoming good fortune.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Will be interesting to see if individual towns take this approach:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...h-flu-pandemic
Old Apr 18th 2020, 6:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say.
https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKBN2200EZ
Old Apr 18th 2020, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

People who still have jobs at the airport in Vancouver have been posting photos, man its a ghost town, almost looks abandoned. Just about everything is closed, and appears the airport has combined international and domestic into one terminal, US departures still depart from the segregated US departure terminal of course.

As the curve is petty flat in BC, if it stays on current trend looking at about another month before they relax restrictions based on comments made today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.