British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/coronavirus-930602/)

Jsmth321 Nov 25th 2020 3:05 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
Not entirely sure I trust the Liberal Gov't on this.

This is interesting bit from the National Post article linked below, interesting stuff in that article.

"The National Research Council announced Tuesday it would partner with a Chinese firm on a vaccine using a proprietary cell the council developed that was also used for an ebola vaccine. Gerdts’ lab is getting access to the same technology for their project."

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ction-capacity


Mexico is aiming for vaccines as early as December with shipments arriving from US and Europe.

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSKBN2842D7

Globe and Mail

"Last week at a House of Commons health committee meeting, senior officials told members of Parliament that unlike other countries, Canada has not struck licensing deals to manufacture the vaccines domestically."

“We’re going to end up being months later getting the vaccine to Canada in large part because the federal government failed to do the obvious thing, to license it as other countries have,” said Prof. Attaran, an immunologist by training. He pointed out that even though the AstraZeneca vaccine hasn’t yet been approved, India and Australia are already producing it in order to have stockpiles in place for when it is approved.


https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...mpression=true




printer Nov 25th 2020 5:34 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 12939315)
Well that sucks for us. I guess I'll be buying it on the black market instead.

You might have to if you want to fly to Australia.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ghts-1.5202091

Revin Kevin Nov 25th 2020 9:23 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12939267)
Looks like the Ministry of Health has provided some clearer guidelines on the restrictions in regards to physical activity.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...2020-1.5814645

Public health officials have ordered dance studios, yoga studios, gymnastics centres and other spaces offering group indoor fitness activity to temporarily suspend those activities across B.C. Also include cheerleading and pilates as well as strength conditioning.

Plenty of ways these types of places can be run safely. Being in shape is one on the best things you can do to protect yourself from the effects of Covid.

sharkus Nov 25th 2020 2:19 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12939106)
I just don't understand how a basic health precaution like wearing a mask has become 'you're infringing on my human rights/freedom' for some people. It doesn't make sense, not to me anyway.

I agree it does not make sense. I suspect some see it as some kind of government oppression. I'd suspect that these people are more than happy to tell others what to do, but when it comes to someone telling them what to do, they don't like it.

Perhaps they should be transported to somewhere in the world where human rights and freedoms are actually infringed upon, and let them see how that really feels, and how being told to wear a mask is nothing in comparison to that.

They also do not seem able to comprehend that this thing is frigging real, and very serious, and wearing a mask WILL help prevent you from spreading and getting covid.

The utter b'stard in me would quite like to see them plonked down in a covid ICU ward, with no mask, and see how well they fare, hopefully they'd all become seriously ill, and then - hopefully - realize they should listen to the advice.

sharkus Nov 25th 2020 2:20 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin (Post 12939377)
Plenty of ways these types of places can be run safely. Being in shape is one on the best things you can do to protect yourself from the effects of Covid.

I am in shape, I'm round, that's a shape :D

Jsmth321 Nov 25th 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin (Post 12939377)
Plenty of ways these types of places can be run safely. Being in shape is one on the best things you can do to protect yourself from the effects of Covid.

I am sure the BC Ministry of Health would appreciate your input on how they can be run safely, as apparently the health officials don't share the same opinion.

.

Jsmth321 Nov 25th 2020 5:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by sharkus (Post 12939448)
I am in shape, I'm round, that's a shape :D

It's just my belly that is round, if not for my belly, I would even be overweight, literally all my excess weight is in the belly, skinny legs, and arms and hips bony as can be, damn belly though ruins it all.

But its not from gyms being closed, I never went to gyms, my weight gain is 100% from not having an active job, when I have an active job, I maintain a near perfect weight, but I don't enjoy exercise enough to go to a gym.

It's not like am hundreds overweight, depending on source for my "ideal" weight, I am anywhere from 13 pounds to 50 pounds overweight, but the low end for my height is listed like 182 lbs and when I was 182 pounds I looked like a skeleton, so I am closer to the 10-13 pounds overweight.


Siouxie Nov 25th 2020 6:41 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin (Post 12939377)
Plenty of ways these types of places can be run safely. Being in shape is one on the best things you can do to protect yourself from the effects of Covid.

Try telling that to the 74 odd people who became ill from one infected person attending a spin class! https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...phic-1.5767688

What started with a COVID-19 case in one person at a downtown Hamilton spin studio has led to at least 74 people being infected.

And Hamilton Public Health Services (HPHS) has now revealed a glimpse of how it spread.

At a board of health meeting on Monday, HPHS released a graphic with preliminary information. Of the 74 infected, the graphic shows, public health believes 48 got the virus at Spinco.

Those 48 people were connected to other parts of the community, including households, school and daycare centres, healthcare facilities and other workplaces (restaurants, gyms, retail stores, etc.).
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...7323561b9f.jpg

Revin Kevin Nov 25th 2020 9:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 12939542)
Try telling that to the 74 odd people who became ill from one infected person attending a spin class! https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...phic-1.5767688


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...7323561b9f.jpg

Something odd going on there for sure - did they tag a kissing contest on the end of the spin class? Spin classes can and are being successfully run with measures in place that are designed to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen. If the venue and the organisation is right and everyone plays their part in terms of hygiene distancing it works.

Revin Kevin Nov 25th 2020 9:20 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12939516)
It's just my belly that is round, if not for my belly, I would even be overweight, literally all my excess weight is in the belly, skinny legs, and arms and hips bony as can be, damn belly though ruins it all.

But its not from gyms being closed, I never went to gyms, my weight gain is 100% from not having an active job, when I have an active job, I maintain a near perfect weight, but I don't enjoy exercise enough to go to a gym.

It's not like am hundreds overweight, depending on source for my "ideal" weight, I am anywhere from 13 pounds to 50 pounds overweight, but the low end for my height is listed like 182 lbs and when I was 182 pounds I looked like a skeleton, so I am closer to the 10-13 pounds overweight.

I am overwieght - well that's what my BMI tells me, it says I need to loose over a stone to get below 25. I have an active job, cycle and walk a fair bit but maintain a genourous midriff which I can't explain, my wife thinks it could be something to do with the amount of beer and pizza she says I put away but that's just conjecture!

Stumpylegs Nov 25th 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12939291)
Trudeau said same today. Said he hoped countries would honour their agreement with Canada, but he expects they will give the vaccine to their own people first. That sounded disappointing. Think we may look into either going to the US or UK for the vaccine.

And potentially spreading COVID into Britain! We've just started to handle it so well - Boris said so, and now we've got to deal with vaccine tourists!!!!:sarcasm:

Siouxie Nov 25th 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin (Post 12939584)
Something odd going on there for sure - did they tag a kissing contest on the end of the spin class? Spin classes can and are being successfully run with measures in place that are designed to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen. If the venue and the organisation is right and everyone plays their part in terms of hygiene distancing it works.

SIGH. Spin class - heavy breathing, people exercising very close together... not every health centre / spin class is equal and not everybody takes heed of the restrictions / requirements - not everyone plays their part - clearly! I know 5 of the people affected - they had to self isolate for 14 days.. loss of wages, and everything else. Not one of them attended the spin class - but they worked with a person that did. You cannot rely on people 'doing the right thing' - or necessarily being aware that they are infectious / asymptomatic when they attend a class!
:(

Jerseygirl Nov 25th 2020 9:40 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs (Post 12939590)
And potentially spreading COVID into Britain! We've just started to handle it so well - Boris said so, and now we've got to deal with vaccine tourists!!!!:sarcasm:

don’t worry I would get tested first and isolate upon arrival if necessary. I will not be a tourist...I’m a Brit and will simply be going home. :p

Jsmth321 Nov 25th 2020 9:42 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12939291)
Trudeau said same today. Said he hoped countries would honour their agreement with Canada, but he expects they will give the vaccine to their own people first. That sounded disappointing. Think we may look into either going to the US or UK for the vaccine.

Depending on costs and availability in the US, I would be highly tempted to go across and get it if they do indeed get it several months earlier. My wife would be tricky though, I don't believe she can enter by land at the moment into the US, could by air, but because my passport is expired and delays for renewals long, I can only cross at a land border.

Complicated all around. I guess she could go maybe go to Switzerland, she has Swiss citizenship, but I dunno its kind of far to go and only way is by plane......


Revin Kevin Nov 25th 2020 9:43 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 12939592)
SIGH. Spin class - heavy breathing, people exercising very close together... not every health centre / spin class is equal and not everybody takes heed of the restrictions / requirements - not everyone plays their part - clearly! I know 5 of the people affected - they had to self isolate for 14 days.. loss of wages, and everything else. Not one of them attended the spin class - but they worked with a person that did. You cannot rely on people 'doing the right thing' - or necessarily being aware that they are infectious / asymptomatic when they attend a class!
:(

Yawn - so one class got it badly wrong - somehow - and now we're all naughty children who can't be trusted, come on!

Jsmth321 Nov 25th 2020 9:44 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12939599)
don’t worry I would get tested first and isolate upon arrival if necessary. I will not be a tourist...I’m a Brit and will simply be going home. :p

If I went to the US, I would go to Palm Springs, but I would need a hotel for 2 weeks before I'd feel safe going to my mom's but then with cases so much higher there, she is probably higher risk to me than I am to them......

Siouxie Nov 25th 2020 9:49 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin (Post 12939602)
Yawn - so one class got it badly wrong - somehow - and now we're all naughty children who can't be trusted, come on!

We all have to acknowledge that not everyone will take heed of the restrictions - and those that don't then put the rest of us at risk and end up spoiling it for everyone else - i.e. because people won't adhere to the requirements the Govt put sanctions in place to stop everyone - not just those naughty few. I don't trust anyone that I don't know - and I know of many many people who are not taking precautions because they don't believe the virus exists (perhaps I'm more aware as there is a vaguely related family member who is anti mask, anti vaccine, anti precautions, anti social distancing -- basically a covid conspiracy theorist!
:p

Shard Nov 25th 2020 9:51 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12939291)
Trudeau said same today. Said he hoped countries would honour their agreement with Canada, but he expects they will give the vaccine to their own people first. That sounded disappointing. Think we may look into either going to the US or UK for the vaccine.

I got the sense that it's only a few weeks difference. I think the vaccine roll out in the UK is in Decemeber, but targetted at healthcare and vulnerable, and then general early in 2021. Whereas Trudeau said Canada's roll out is likely early 2021. This is going to become the next issue, as the UK and the US under Biden are likely going to want to also support WHO policy of priorit sharing the vaccine to the vulnerable worldwide.

Jerseygirl Nov 25th 2020 10:05 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12939600)
Depending on costs and availability in the US, I would be highly tempted to go across and get it if they do indeed get it several months earlier. My wife would be tricky though, I don't believe she can enter by land at the moment into the US, could by air, but because my passport is expired and delays for renewals long, I can only cross at a land border.

Complicated all around. I guess she could go maybe go to Switzerland, she has Swiss citizenship, but I dunno its kind of far to go and only way is by plane......

why don’t you apply for a new PP now? Even if there are long delays, at least you will be in the queue.

it seems ridiculous that non USCs can enter the US by air but not by land. We have friends here who are considering flying down to Florida.

Jsmth321 Nov 25th 2020 10:42 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12939614)
why don’t you apply for a new PP now? Even if there are long delays, at least you will be in the queue.

it seems ridiculous that non USCs can enter the US by air but not by land. We have friends here who are considering flying down to Florida.


It's being mailed soon. I had everything ready to go, and then COVID hit and US State Dept said not to mail in renewals as their offices were closed, then they opened a bit in summer and now appear to be mostly fully open, 10-12 week turnaround which is actually better than I had expected.

I also had to get clarification is a US$ check drawn on a Canadian bank would be acceptable, never got a clear answer, but I am going try, if they send it back they send it back. Worst case scenario I have to drive to Vancouver and do it in person.



I think the air travel loophole was done on purpose to get the US airlines to maintain basic service to Canada, otherwise chances are the airlines would have just suspended service in full rather than cut back massively, for Vancouver it's pretty limited service, Delta cut everything except 1 daily to Seattle (they did have 2 daily to Seattle at some points) Alaska/Horizon have been fluctuating between 2-3 flights to Seattle. United has a couple of flights a day mostly to San Francisco.

Transborder traffic is down 97% roughly in Vancouver, in August most recent I could find, average of 589 passengers per day flew to the US from Vancouver, how many were non-USC/Green Card I do not know, a year earlier in August 2019, average of 21,000 per day so huge difference.
















Danny B Nov 25th 2020 11:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12939279)

Anyhow BC record high of 941 cases reported today.

.

Looks like they screwed up yesterdays stats

Dr. Henry reports an error in case numbers from Fraser Health between Nov. 17-24.

The error meant yesterday's B.C. case count was actually 706, not 941 as previously reported.

Today was 738.

Gozit Nov 25th 2020 11:32 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12939291)
Trudeau said same today. Said he hoped countries would honour their agreement with Canada, but he expects they will give the vaccine to their own people first. That sounded disappointing. Think we may look into either going to the US or UK for the vaccine.

Yep. I'm thinking of going to Malta for it as well. As a small island country they should be able to vaccinate everyone easily and then go back to fairly close to pre-pandemic normal long before Canada does. It's definitely something that's poking the back of my head. I'm less worried about actually receiving it though I just want to live a normal life without the rules and restrictions, i'm happy to give up my dose for someone more vulnerable however I am 100% on board for getting it as I know I can't be the person that doesn't want to follow the rules that are in place but doesn't want to do what it takes to get the restrictions lifted - so I will be getting my vaccine ASAP.

Deeply disappointed in our government that we don't have the ability to produce the vaccine and are at the mercy of other countries as to when we can start vaccinating our population. Canada is said to be one of the best countries in the world, so why dont we have this ability?

Rete Nov 25th 2020 11:33 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12939280)
I was somewhat shocked and surprised to learn that Canada did have many years ago vaccine production capabilities but for whatever reasons we now have none and have to rely on other countries to produce vaccines.

I remember Bristol-Myers-Squibb manufactured in Canada about 15 years ago. I only know because my sister worked in their New Jersey office.

Jerseygirl Nov 25th 2020 11:41 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12939648)
Yep. I'm thinking of going to Malta for it as well. As a small island country they should be able to vaccinate everyone easily and then go back to fairly close to pre-pandemic normal long before Canada does. It's definitely something that's poking the back of my head. I'm less worried about actually receiving it though I just want to live a normal life without the rules and restrictions, i'm happy to give up my dose for someone more vulnerable however I am 100% on board for getting it as I know I can't be the person that doesn't want to follow the rules that are in place but doesn't want to do what it takes to get the restrictions lifted - so I will be getting my vaccine ASAP.

Deeply disappointed in our government that we don't have the ability to produce the vaccine and are at the mercy of other countries as to when we can start vaccinating our population. Canada is said to be one of the best countries in the world, so why dont we have this ability?

Maybe the virus will be a wake up call for many countries not to rely on other countries too much. Hopefully it will kick start manufacturing.

Stumpylegs Nov 25th 2020 11:59 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12939648)
Yep. I'm thinking of going to Malta for it as well.

Does Malta have a decent vaccine supply? Honest question that I don't have a clue about, and google wasn't much use - but wouldn't surprise me if they are behind Canada?! (although I'm about as far from an expert on Malta as one can be)


Jsmth321 Nov 26th 2020 1:03 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12939649)
I remember Bristol-Myers-Squibb manufactured in Canada about 15 years ago. I only know because my sister worked in their New Jersey office.


Canada can produce some vaccines, but the Pfizer one is new tech and Canada doesn't have the tech for it, first time that tech has even led to a vaccine. Canada could produce some smaller amounts of the AstraZeneca vaccine, however Canada didn't even negotiate for licensing rights to produce any of the vaccines, so unless that happens none will be produced here but the Pfizer one Canada doesn't have the facilities for, but other ones we do on a small scale which is better than nothing that they appear to be taking.

The signs were clear for months Canada would not get vaccine supply at the same time as its peers.


tumbleweedly Nov 26th 2020 1:29 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
I believe France is going to start vaccinating in December. First priority will be teachers, health workers and workers. European countries are ready to begin the vaccinations very soon and each have different priorities. I think Uk starts with over 85's, those in elder care homes, and also health care workers. So I imagine that the USA nCanada may also have their own distribution priorities. There is also that thing about getting the first vac. and then a month later the second booster vac. Evidently it is very important to get the follow up dose.

Its going to get complicated. I hope there won't be massive rebellion and protests about who gets it first. 😬
Riots are such germ spreading events.


Boiler Nov 26th 2020 1:32 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
Well after Newsom in California, Cuomo in NY now Denver's own Mayor Hancock has joined in, quite the splash in the local media. How hard is it to do as you preach?

Jsmth321 Nov 26th 2020 5:53 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
This man from Edmonton was only 40. He posted his experience on Instagram up until shortly before his death.

Nov 20- At ER has as his breathing became worse, still awaiting test results at this point. Later in the day posted he had a fever pushing 40C and suffering from chills.

Nov 21- Signs of improvement and reduction in fever, waiting on chest x-ray. X-ray shows likely COVID, symptoms worsen, but he is sent home. Test confirms COVID, takes OTC medications.

Nov 22- Woke up with extreme chills, other symptoms appearing, extreme fatigue.

Nov 23- Suffering badly having hard time keep updates going, basic things like brushing teeth and chewing difficult, going up stairs a daunting task.

Nov- 23 later in the day, last update he made. Breathing has become difficult, every few breaths goes into coughing fits, it's brutal.

Nov- 24 Dead.


He had no known underlying conditions that his family is aware of.

Article here.



*Note, I did not write his instagram updates word for word, they are generalizations based on his posts, for his full posts here is his IG page.


Update on the 37 year old women in Abbotsford, BC her baby was able to go home today, but the baby's mom is still in an induced coma on a ventilator which is going on 2 or 3 weeks now. The baby had to be delivered via emergency C section, the baby spent 2 weeks in hospital, but was COVID free at birth.

Family doesn't know where she contracted the virus, she was never linked to any known cases or outbreaks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...born-1.5816787




Jsmth321 Nov 26th 2020 7:02 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
"An expansion for a National Research Council facility in Montreal that could be making one of the leading COVID-19 vaccine candidates has been delayed by months."

But of course even if the facility construction was on schedule, Canada still hasn't negotiated any licensing rights t actually produce any of the vaccines.

The government spent $44 million to expand this facility, construction was due to be completed by now, and could produce 250,000 vaccines per month.

Trudeau blaming the 10 years of Harper Gov't for the lack of vaccine capacity in Canada.

The NRC facility won't be ready until mid 2021. And this tidbit the space they were planning to use, someone realized this fall it wasn't adequate to manufacture vaccines and maintain Good Manufacturing Practice, the facility space was originally planned as part of the partnership NRC had with CanSino Biologics, a China based company, but that deal fell apart after drama with Chinese officials, never would have seen that coming....:rolleyes:

In August the government pledged another $126 million for a larger manufacturing center at NRC, but it won't be ready for at least 2 years, University of Saskatchewan’s VIDO-InterVac facility also received a sizeable investment, but their facility is at least a year away.

US and UK ordered Pfizer vaccines several weeks before Canada.

Canada did place order with Moderna before the US and UK, but the US helped finance Moderna so likely pushes the US to the front for that one, those who provide the funding get to be first in line.

Canada was one of the last countries to place an order for the AstraZeneca vaccine. Had the Montreal facility construction been on time, AstraZeneca vaccine could have been produced there.

A government’s vaccine task force member hopes Canada will at least be in the first 5 countries to receive vaccines.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...d-construction



Could almost turn this into a made for TV movie.

I'd have thought with the SARS scare, Canada would have at least thought maybe a worse pandemic might happen and invest a bit, but seems Canada was a dollar short and a day late.




















caretaker Nov 26th 2020 10:03 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
The bit about Harper shutting down research capability is certainly true. Gutting the NRC in his attempt to stop scientists studying climate change is one of his worst crimes. Harper was no Donald Trump, but still an asshole in his own right.
We'll get our vaccines. We waited for enough masks and hand sanitizer, waited for more toilet paper (and it arrived), and the vaccine will be made available as well. We are seasoned Covid-teers now, not a bunch of kids chafing under the rules.

Jsmth321 Nov 26th 2020 7:19 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 12939769)
The bit about Harper shutting down research capability is certainly true. Gutting the NRC in his attempt to stop scientists studying climate change is one of his worst crimes. Harper was no Donald Trump, but still an asshole in his own right.
We'll get our vaccines. We waited for enough masks and hand sanitizer, waited for more toilet paper (and it arrived), and the vaccine will be made available as well. We are seasoned Covid-teers now, not a bunch of kids chafing under the rules.


Well to be fair we do make toilet paper and hand sanitizer domestically......:lol:

Although my TP says made in US of imported and domestic materials. But I know there is at least one TP making place in BC, possibly more, and certainly some in Quebec and east. But we buy the cheap Wal-Mart brand, and they seem to buy from a US producer, probably cheaper since they are already buying the same product for the US market, just wrap it with a different label with some French and the cost likely minimal for that and cheaper to truck it to Canada vs finding a company to make it for them here for a relatively small market.

caretaker Nov 26th 2020 7:39 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12940005)
Well to be fair we do make toilet paper and hand sanitizer domestically......:lol:

The bare shelves in March and April were all about panic buyers and the supply chain was a week or so behind. No biggie. The stores are geared up for this wave.

Siouxie Nov 26th 2020 7:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12940005)
Well to be fair we do make toilet paper and hand sanitizer domestically......:lol:

Although my TP says made in US of imported and domestic materials. But I know there is at least one TP making place in BC, possibly more, and certainly some in Quebec and east. But we buy the cheap Wal-Mart brand, and they seem to buy from a US producer, probably cheaper since they are already buying the same product for the US market, just wrap it with a different label with some French and the cost likely minimal for that and cheaper to truck it to Canada vs finding a company to make it for them here for a relatively small market.

There's a few TP producers in Canada - Ontario, BC, Quebec, https://madeinca.ca/category/homeproducts/tp/
It's quite interesting to read what items are made in Canada - and hopefully won't go out of stock so easily should panic buying commence again due to a 2nd or 3rd wave of Covid, lol. :)

Jsmth321 Nov 26th 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 12940015)
The bare shelves in March and April were all about panic buyers and the supply chain was a week or so behind. No biggie. The stores are geared up for this wave.

Only thing I have really noticed a shortage off is certain types of frozen meats and vegetables, they are mostly imported from the US, so I wonder if the trucking supply chain is a bit slow at the moment, I know Fedex and UPS are not doing well down there, massive amount of parcels and can't maintain their staffing levels.



Jsmth321 Nov 26th 2020 8:33 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
This guy in Dawson Creek, flipped out on the Wal-Mart worker asking him to wear a mask. RCMP is recommending charges, released the suspect on a promise to appear.

There has been an increase in these sorts of issues since the mandate went into effect.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7485947/d...4eZgISlEBMTo3I


Worker suffered minor injuries.








caretaker Nov 26th 2020 9:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12940036)
Worker suffered minor injuries.

The video didn't continue to the assault, but that's ok. 60 days I hope and too bad if he loses his job; author of his own misfortunes, and if there were no cameras he may have got his brains kicked in so he's getting off easy.

Shard Nov 26th 2020 9:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12940036)
This guy in Dawson Creek, flipped out on the Wal-Mart worker asking him to wear a mask. RCMP is recommending charges, released the suspect on a promise to appear.

There has been an increase in these sorts of issues since the mandate went into effect.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7485947/d...4eZgISlEBMTo3I


Worker suffered minor injuries.

Another reprehensible case in Nelson (not sure if already discussed here).

Jsmth321 Nov 26th 2020 10:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12940072)
Another reprehensible case in Nelson (not sure if already discussed here).


People are getting difficult. Yes, Nelson too, probably others that have been missed in the media.

I'd have added an extra zero to the find for not wearing a mask, I think it's $320, but really should be $3,200.

The Kelowna FB groups, oh my some crazy conspiracy people out there, boggles the mind, and it's like there is a book they all use, they repeat the same exact crap, the ever popular educate yourself, what else, oh yes everyone including doctors and professionals who have spent entire careers and decades studying infectious disease apparently know nothing, and the 25 year old, who looks like they barely finished high school listing their employer as some bar, or fast food joint are apparently the go to experts.

And poor Bill Gates, what did he ever do to these people.

Danny B Nov 26th 2020 10:06 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...1f182a8e79.jpg

This sign should be up in more doctors waiting rooms.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:56 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.