British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/coronavirus-930602/)

Gozit Jul 6th 2020 5:28 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 12877473)
SIGH. You've been asked to give up a few weeks or months at most......... BIG DEAL........... are "young people" that self centred that they can't be inconvenienced for one spring and part of a summer ?

There are many YOUNG people becoming ill or carrying the virus and passing it on to others (who may have 'vulnerable relatives' - like me), because they aren't using their common sense - they are so fixated on having 'a good time' they don't want to be sensible and social distance.

:thumbdown:

It's already been a few months, with no end in sight...travel restrictions have been extended to 31 August and probably will be again. This summer is a write off for travel, clubs, anything fun that is typically enjoyed by people my age. our national holiday was basically naught.

It's more then "Just a few months." At best it will be an entire year before restrictions are fully lifted in Canada, i.e. pre-pandemic, no social distancing, no masks, no limits, no public health restrictions.

If we had a crystal ball that said on Sept 1st this would be over and we can go back to normal I wouldn't leave my house from now until then. But we don't, and with the way things keep getting extended and extended I don't have much faith that it will.

Asking someone to give up being a 21 year old, give up their college grad, prom, etc IS actually quite a lot, because my generation will NEVER get those moments back.

Gozit Jul 6th 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Partially discharged (Post 12877477)
I'm getting a real sense of entitlement vibe from your post. We need to be all in this together and your talk of travel for what I sense is for the sake of travel doesn't help things.

You sound like one of the commercials I hear all day long on the radio about being all in this together :lol:

Former Lancastrian Jul 6th 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 12877482)
I take it you won't mind if I smoke on the plane then.

Oh those were the days. As soon as that seat belt light requirement went off then all those that smoked all lit up at the same time. IIRC all the smoking seats were at the front well at least flights I went on.

Pulaski Jul 6th 2020 5:30 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877486)
You sound like one of the commercials I hear all day long on the radio about being all in this together ....

We are, whether you want to be or not. :rolleyes:

Jerseygirl Jul 6th 2020 5:32 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877484)
It's already been a few months, with no end in sight...travel restrictions have been extended to 31 August and probably will be again. This summer is a write off for travel, clubs, anything fun that is typically enjoyed by people my age. our national holiday was basically naught.

It's more then "Just a few months." At best it will be an entire year before restrictions are fully lifted in Canada, i.e. pre-pandemic, no social distancing, no masks, no limits, no public health restrictions.

If we had a crystal ball that said on Sept 1st this would be over and we can go back to normal I wouldn't leave my house from now until then. But we don't, and with the way things keep getting extended and extended I don't have much faith that it will.

Asking someone to give up being a 21 year old, give up their college grad, prom, etc IS actually quite a lot, because my generation will NEVER get those moments back.

oh for goodness sake. You are coming across as a self entitled, selfish individual. I hope you are not but you are certainly coming across that way.

Pulaski Jul 6th 2020 5:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877484)
It's already been a few months, with no end in sight...travel restrictions have been extended to 31 August and probably will be again. This summer is a write off for travel, clubs, anything fun that is typically enjoyed by people my age. our national holiday was basically naught.

It's more then "Just a few months." At best it will be an entire year before restrictions are fully lifted in Canada, i.e. pre-pandemic, no social distancing, no masks, no limits, no public health restrictions.

If we had a crystal ball that said on Sept 1st this would be over and we can go back to normal I wouldn't leave my house from now until then. But we don't, and with the way things keep getting extended and extended I don't have much faith that it will. .....

The paradox with your position, is that if everyone did stay home except for essential travel, adhered to perfect SD, always wore a mask outside the home, and followed good hygiene/ hand washing, then it would be over by September 1st, the genie would be likely back in the bottle. However the very fact that all the deniers are out and about, getting back to living their, life, not SD'ing, not wearing a mask, and not adhering to good hygiene practices is precisely the reason that this won't be over by September 1st. :rolleyes:

Gozit Jul 6th 2020 5:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12877490)
oh for goodness sake. You are coming across as a self entitled, selfish individual. I hope you are not but you are certainly coming across that way.

It's a difference of opinion is all. There are plenty of people who think the same way as evidenced by the people going shopping, gathering, etc, doing things that are still 'permitted' within the restrictions but seem to be frowned upon by the general population of this forum.

My own member of parliament agrees that the travel restrictions should be based by country and not a blanket ban.

Former Lancastrian Jul 6th 2020 5:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877484)

Asking someone to give up being a 21 year old, give up their college grad, prom, etc IS actually quite a lot, because my generation will NEVER get those moments back.

Err some of us grew up with no college grad or prom and did you hear us complain? Last day of school usually resulted in taking eggs to school and targeting the teachers cars as they left at the end of the day. When you actually finished school then some would have a burning of the uniform. Perhaps some had a Disco and you would sneak in alcohol, drink, dance and if lucky a quick grope.

Limos never heard of and no prom dresses or tuxedos. God North America has a lot to answer for. Be thankful you weren't working down pit at 12 yrs of age.
Now go and make an appointment with a therapist to get over these traumatic times and how hard life is.

Partially discharged Jul 6th 2020 5:44 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12877494)
Err some of us grew up with no college grad or prom and did you hear us complain? Last day of school usually resulted in taking eggs to school and targeting the teachers cars as they left at the end of the day. When you actually finished school then some would have a burning of the uniform. Perhaps some had a Disco and you would sneak in alcohol, drink, dance and if lucky a quick grope.

Limos never heard of and no prom dresses or tuxedos. God North America has a lot to answer for. Be thankful you weren't working down pit at 12 yrs of age.
Now go and make an appointment with a therapist to get over these traumatic times and how hard life is.

I bet your had to 'lick road w'tongue' every morning.

scrubbedexpat091 Jul 6th 2020 5:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12877494)
Err some of us grew up with no college grad or prom and did you hear us complain? Last day of school usually resulted in taking eggs to school and targeting the teachers cars as they left at the end of the day. When you actually finished school then some would have a burning of the uniform. Perhaps some had a Disco and you would sneak in alcohol, drink, dance and if lucky a quick grope.

Limos never heard of and no prom dresses or tuxedos. God North America has a lot to answer for. Be thankful you weren't working down pit at 12 yrs of age.
Now go and make an appointment with a therapist to get over these traumatic times and how hard life is.



I probably ended up having more fun in my early 30's than I did in my early 20's, I was working 16-18 hour days in my early 20's trying to stay above water, didn't have time to go party...ha ha

Partially discharged Jul 6th 2020 5:47 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12877490)
oh for goodness sake. You are coming across as a self entitled, selfish individual. I hope you are not but you are certainly coming across that way.

My consensus as well. I think some of these 'yoof' need to suck it up. Boo hoo, no prom etc. My kids went to them, enjoyed themselves and after it all wondered what all the fuss was about as they were quickly on to a new stage in life.

Maybe a night out in Soho for Gozit is what he wants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-53299...soho-celebrate

Partially discharged Jul 6th 2020 5:49 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877486)
You sound like one of the commercials I hear all day long on the radio about being all in this together :lol:

Radio...you listen to the radio :) how old are you? 65? Other than cbc and college/university stations, Canadian radio is a vast wasteland of 'all the hits of today and the best of yesterday' ' Hot 94', "Joe FM', "Smooth 98'.

Gozit Jul 6th 2020 5:51 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12877494)
Err some of us grew up with no college grad or prom and did you hear us complain? Last day of school usually resulted in taking eggs to school and targeting the teachers cars as they left at the end of the day. When you actually finished school then some would have a burning of the uniform. Perhaps some had a Disco and you would sneak in alcohol, drink, dance and if lucky a quick grope.

Limos never heard of and no prom dresses or tuxedos. God North America has a lot to answer for. Be thankful you weren't working down pit at 12 yrs of age.
Now go and make an appointment with a therapist to get over these traumatic times and how hard life is.

In the current climate there would be no last day of school egging the teachers cars, or any of the above as they'd be shut down for not social distancing. Same principle.

Gozit Jul 6th 2020 5:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Partially discharged (Post 12877502)
My consensus as well. I think some of these 'yoof' need to suck it up. Boo hoo, no prom etc. My kids went to them, enjoyed themselves and after it all wondered what all the fuss was about as they were quickly on to a new stage in life.

Maybe a night out in Soho for Gozit is what he wants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-53299...soho-celebrate

Lol, would have loved to be able to be in England and go to the pub, that was the whole point of this conversation I can't go as I don't have enough leave between work and school to go on a vacation AND self-isolate when I return.

If the restrictions continue into 2021 it will be a question I have to ask myself do I want to travel and accept the self isolation or refrain from travel.


Originally Posted by Partially discharged (Post 12877503)
Radio...you listen to the radio :) how old are you? 65? Other than cbc and college/university stations, Canadian radio is a vast wasteland of 'all the hits of today and the best of yesterday' ' Hot 94', "Joe FM', "Smooth 98'.

I work in an office where unfortunately had to listen to it all day until I got my own office. Now i have a bluetooth speaker to my iPhone.

Former Lancastrian Jul 6th 2020 6:04 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Here is a list of departures from Pearson today

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/departures

There is nothing stopping you from travelling to any of these places. When you arrive at your destination you would be subject to the current procedures and isolation if required. On return exactly the same. So go ahead travel what is stopping you?

Partially discharged Jul 6th 2020 6:04 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877509)
Lol, would have loved to be able to be in England and go to the pub, that was the whole point of this conversation I can't go as I don't have enough leave between work and school to go on a vacation AND self-isolate when I return.

If the restrictions continue into 2021 it will be a question I have to ask myself do I want to travel and accept the self isolation or refrain from travel.


I work in an office where unfortunately had to listen to it all day until I got my own office. Now i have a bluetooth speaker to my iPhone.

Reading online about the weekend pub openings it sounds like it was a disaster but that may just be media hyde. People haven't been able to go to a pub for months so on day 1 a cabal of critters descended on pubs quaffing euro lager and generally behaving like 16 year olds who don't have experience drinking alcohol.

Gozit Jul 6th 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12877520)
Here is a list of departures from Pearson today

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/departures

There is nothing stopping you from travelling to any of these places. When you arrive at your destination you would be subject to the current procedures and isolation if required. On return exactly the same. So go ahead travel what is stopping you?

The 14 day period of isolation upon return ... even if I cut the trip short to accommodate it I wouldn't have enough time without eating into my studies. And i've been told I will have some on campus obligations when it comes to school.

I am not really a home body so the thought of not being able to leave the house for 14 days doesn't sit too well, though I do know people who could do it no problem.

As I said in an earlier post if the restrictions keep getting extended it will be something I have to weigh the desire to travel vs the dislike of the self isolation period. As you say there are plenty of places you can go not having to self isolate upon arrival (actively encouraging tourism) but it is the restriction coming back that is the problem.

scrubbedexpat091 Jul 6th 2020 6:32 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12877551)
Yes, it's shit when you can't do what you want to. I'd say that since the start of this pandemic most of us, including me, have had to give up things that are very precious and immensely important to us, moments that we'll never get back. I believe it's how we react, and act, in the face of these losses that defines us.

:goodpost:

I had to give up seeing my family this year, as have many others. For all I know depending on how COVID goes in California, my visit last year in 2019 could be the last time I see one of my parents. If my mom catches it, I am not entirely confident she would survive due to health issues she has, my dad probably more likely to survive as he is in better health but still high risk age group, and chances are I wont be able to visit family until at least 2021 possibly 2022 depending on how things go, regardless of age group we have all more or less given up things in our life we can never get back.




Gozit Jul 6th 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12877551)
Yes, it's shit when you can't do what you want to. I'd say that since the start of this pandemic most of us, including me, have had to give up things that are very precious and immensely important to us, moments that we'll never get back. I believe it's how we react, and act, in the face of these losses that defines us.

Agreed.

I'm not exactly sure what the answer is. It does suck for everyone and for those of us who feel an intense anger and are less passive about the situation it is very hard to place the misplaced anger, especially when people respond with "Well people are dying so we need to focus on that." which only makes people more upset as their issues aren't being validated.

Pulaski Jul 6th 2020 7:11 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12877554)
.... I had to give up seeing my family this year, as have many others. For all I know depending on how COVID goes in California, my visit last year in 2019 could be the last time I see one of my parents. If my mom catches it, I am not entirely confident she would survive due to health issues she has, my dad probably more likely to survive as he is in better health but still high risk age group, and chances are I wont be able to visit family until at least 2021 possibly 2022 depending on how things go, regardless of age group we have all more or less given up things in our life we can never get back.

Exactly, ..... and me too. My father died 14 years ago, but mother is of an age where she could quite possibly die in the next 18 months even if she doesn't get cononavirus, especially as she has a heart condition necessitating a pacemaker. And in the event of her catching coronavirus and things heating up again in the UK (enough cases to put the hospital under stress for bed space), she is also in the age range where she would likely not be placed in an ICU if someone younger needed the bed.

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877568)
.... I'm not exactly sure what the answer is. It does suck for everyone and for those of us who feel an intense anger and are less passive about the situation it is very hard to place the misplaced anger, especially when people respond with "Well people are dying so we need to focus on that." which only makes people more upset as their issues aren't being validated.

Maybe when you are 30 years older, you will come to see that your "issues" really aren't. They are, in the grand scheme of things, trivial annoyances, and were it not that we are all living in an unprecedented period of peace, when there is no risk of you being conscripted and sent to fight, and generally a low risk of you otherwise dying prematurely, I think you would already realise that.

So how about you look at it this way: 30+ years from now nobody will care about what happened at your prom or graduation (or whatever event you currently think is "important"), or whether you had one, or not, but they might ask you what you did during the 2020-21 coronavirus pandemic? I hope you can say more than "I had a tantrum because I wasn't allowed to go to the beach". :lol:

Shard Jul 6th 2020 9:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877484)
It's already been a few months, with no end in sight...travel restrictions have been extended to 31 August and probably will be again. This summer is a write off for travel, clubs, anything fun that is typically enjoyed by people my age. our national holiday was basically naught.

It's more then "Just a few months." At best it will be an entire year before restrictions are fully lifted in Canada, i.e. pre-pandemic, no social distancing, no masks, no limits, no public health restrictions.

If we had a crystal ball that said on Sept 1st this would be over and we can go back to normal I wouldn't leave my house from now until then. But we don't, and with the way things keep getting extended and extended I don't have much faith that it will.

Asking someone to give up being a 21 year old, give up their college grad, prom, etc IS actually quite a lot, because my generation will NEVER get those moments back.

It's definitely hard for young people. Perhaps not those milestone events specifically, but life in general. It's hard to know how the pandemic will progress. I don't have any answers but, personally, I don't find your frustration mis-placed.


Shard Jul 6th 2020 9:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Partially discharged (Post 12877498)
I bet your had to 'lick road w'tongue' every morning.

Luuuxury.

Partially discharged Jul 6th 2020 10:06 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12877638)
Luuuxury.

Probably one of my favourite skits along with this one:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2q1ojy

Zoe Bell Jul 6th 2020 10:17 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Ok I’m pissed off and probably will regret writing this but Gozit, while you are bleating about your previous lost opportunities and inability to travel because of those pesky quarantine rules. Some of us are facing the real possibility that we will NEVER get to see close family members again because selfish idiots can’t bring themselves to stay indoors.
if everyone just stayed at fricken home for a few weeks this would be OVER. But all the special snowflakes who can’t possibly do that mean this will go on and on

cxx Jul 6th 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877534)
The 14 day period of isolation upon return ... even if I cut the trip short to accommodate it I wouldn't have enough time without eating into my studies. And i've been told I will have some on campus obligations when it comes to school.

I am not really a home body so the thought of not being able to leave the house for 14 days doesn't sit too well, though I do know people who could do it no problem.

As I said in an earlier post if the restrictions keep getting extended it will be something I have to weigh the desire to travel vs the dislike of the self isolation period. As you say there are plenty of places you can go not having to self isolate upon arrival (actively encouraging tourism) but it is the restriction coming back that is the problem.

The reason it keeps getting extended is because there are so many exceptions and people ignoring the requirements and putting others at risk. The answer is to for everyone to lockdown for 2 weeks and stop with the me, me, me attitude

Siouxie Jul 7th 2020 3:53 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell (Post 12877643)
Ok I’m pissed off and probably will regret writing this but Gozit, while you are bleating about your previous lost opportunities and inability to travel because of those pesky quarantine rules. Some of us are facing the real possibility that we will NEVER get to see close family members again because selfish idiots can’t bring themselves to stay indoors.
if everyone just stayed at fricken home for a few weeks this would be OVER. But all the special snowflakes who can’t possibly do that mean this will go on and on

:goodpost:

printer Jul 7th 2020 4:43 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by cxx (Post 12877658)
The reason it keeps getting extended is because there are so many exceptions and people ignoring the requirements and putting others at risk. The answer is to for everyone to lockdown for 2 weeks and stop with the me, me, me attitude

Oh yeah because that worked so well the first time didn't it? Just stay home for 2 weeks they said, it will be all over before you know it! Poppycock unless you are inferring all 37 million Canadians stay home for as long as it takes, no ifs or buts, no excuses, no food shopping, medical trips, no essential work trips, nadda! And then when we are done and have erradicated it completely from CANADA lets open up everything and let out friends south of the border in.

DigitalGhost Jul 7th 2020 11:24 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 12877534)
The 14 day period of isolation upon return ... even if I cut the trip short to accommodate it I wouldn't have enough time without eating into my studies. And i've been told I will have some on campus obligations when it comes to school.

I am not really a home body so the thought of not being able to leave the house for 14 days doesn't sit too well, though I do know people who could do it no problem.

As I said in an earlier post if the restrictions keep getting extended it will be something I have to weigh the desire to travel vs the dislike of the self isolation period. As you say there are plenty of places you can go not having to self isolate upon arrival (actively encouraging tourism) but it is the restriction coming back that is the problem.

It will be interesting to see where things go regarding Canada and international travel over the next few months. Right now we have this strange situation whereby Covid in Canada has passed its peak and looks more like the current state of affairs in Europe but America seems to be getting worse. As a result, Canada has extended its travel ban for visitors until 21/07 and quarantine regulations until the end of August.

The question is, would Trudeau's government have the guts to act more like Europe and begin relaxing travel restrictions for certain countries but not the US or will the current acts be perpetually renewed until America gets its shit together and the US/Canadian borders can finally return to normal?

Jerseygirl Jul 7th 2020 11:36 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12877861)
It will be interesting to see where things go regarding Canada and international travel over the next few months. Right now we have this strange situation whereby Covid in Canada has passed its peak and looks more like the current state of affairs in Europe but America seems to be getting worse. As a result, Canada has extended its travel ban for visitors until 21/07 and quarantine regulations until the end of August.

The question is, would Trudeau's government have the guts to act more like Europe and begin relaxing travel restrictions for certain countries but not the US or will the current acts be perpetually renewed until America gets its shit together and the US/Canadian borders can finally return to normal?


IMO Trudeau would show guts by continuing the lockdown, not lifting it. Canada hasn’t been hit by the virus as badly as many other countries per % of population. IMO the borders should be kept closed for the foreseeable future.

DigitalGhost Jul 7th 2020 11:42 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12877864)
IMO Trudeau would show guts by continuing the lockdown, not lifting it. Canada hasn’t been hit by the virus as badly as many other countries per % of population. IMO the borders should be kept closed for the foreseeable future.

You can do that by all means and that certainly seems to be the route that Australia and New Zealand are taking but I think you then need to be very well prepared for the number of jobs and livelihoods that will be destroyed as a direct result.

Additionally, unless you want to be the next North Korea, it generally isn't feasible to wall yourself off from the outside world forever. The 'nobody ever goes in, nobody ever goes out' policy might have worked for Willy Wonka but it's rarely the way forward in a modern and globalist economy.

Jerseygirl Jul 7th 2020 11:43 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12877871)
You can do that by all means and that certainly seems to be the route that Australia and New Zealand are taking but I think you then need to be very well prepared for the number of jobs and livelihoods that will be destroyed as a direct result.

Additionally, unless you want to be the next North Korea, it generally isn't feasible to wall yourself off from the outside world forever. The 'nobody ever goes in, nobody ever goes out' policy might have worked for Willy Wonka but it's rarely the way forward in a modern and globalist economy.

I didn’t say forever. ;)

DigitalGhost Jul 7th 2020 11:46 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12877873)
I didn’t say forever. ;)

Well if they're insistent on keeping their neighbour to the south sweet then who knows how long it could be? For European and Asian countries to create a whitelist and snub American tourists and business travellers is one thing but for Canada to do it is unfortunately quite another.

Jerseygirl Jul 7th 2020 12:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
I have moved off topic posts discussing proms/PHD’s into a new thread. Please posts further comments here:

https://britishexpats.com/forum/mapl...ds-etc-933655/


Paul_Shepherd Jul 7th 2020 1:13 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
I just think its an age thing with Gozit, he’s just having a vent, he’s a smart lad, but relatively speaking he’s only been around for a short time so this is a big deal to him… remember when all us old gits we were 21? we were susceptible to the odd “toys out the pram” moment. As we have said 20 years from now, people will discuss the covid pandemic and how it affected the world, and maybe the economic knock on effects that we don’t yet know the extent of, but a school prom celebration or year with no social events will be consigned to “ah yeah we didn’t do much that year did we” and that will be it.

Gozit… all I can say mate, is be patient and stick with it, things will get back to normal… you will look back on this year even in 10 years from now and will dismiss it with the attitude of why did I get so bent out of shape, as you will have been through much bigger challenges in your life by then. This year to me personally has been pretty meh and there have been plenty of dissapointments, but I have been through a lot worse, it is all relative, and you will no doubt face bigger hurdles in your life, so just look at it as a training year in the span of your life.



bats Jul 7th 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell (Post 12877643)
Ok I’m pissed off and probably will regret writing this but Gozit, while you are bleating about your previous lost opportunities and inability to travel because of those pesky quarantine rules. Some of us are facing the real possibility that we will NEVER get to see close family members again because selfish idiots can’t bring themselves to stay indoors.
if everyone just stayed at fricken home for a few weeks this would be OVER. But all the special snowflakes who can’t possibly do that mean this will go on and on

I hear you. I'm upset because I may never see my 90 year old mum again meanwhile I see all the GTA visitors partying, not distancing, trashing the place with their garbage and poop. All because they lack self control and the rest of us suffer the consequences.

Danny B Jul 7th 2020 3:23 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Not sure if this is good news or bad news?

Majority testing positive have no symptoms
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53320155

Pulaski Jul 7th 2020 4:58 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 12878009)
Not sure if this is good news or bad news?

Majority testing positive have no symptoms. .....

I don't think that is news, it has been known, and reported, for at least a couple of months. The reason it is probably scary is that is means young and healthy people can get it, never feel sick, but pass it to their friends and relatives who have health issues and/or are elderly.

A neighbour of mine is passed retirement age and has some significant health isues, notably re lung effectiveness, as well as being overweight, and he gave up a part time job last March when the SHTF because it was in a very high risk business. So now he stays home, but pretty much every week his two adult kids come over with their spouses and his grandkids, to hang out, because that is a "permitted activity", and I am sure he doesn't really understand the risks that he is exposing himself to, because I sincerely doubt his kids are taking many precautions, and (based only on stereotypes), I suspect that they are probably opposed to mask-wearing.

Siouxie Jul 7th 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52840763
Interesting read about 'silent spreaders'

Jerseygirl Jul 7th 2020 6:05 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
A woman in Toronto on TV...’why should I wear a mask so someone else can feel better?’ :blink:

Ignorant, arrogant, selfish. :nod:

Shard Jul 7th 2020 6:09 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12878109)
A woman in Toronto on TV...’why should I wear a mask so someone else can feel better?’ :blink:

Ignorant, arrogant, selfish. :nod:

You forgot, moron.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:45 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.