Coronavirus

Old Feb 18th 2022, 1:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I understand your situation with your step daughter that is a tricky one, but in the same token you must see that we cant be locked down for ever
Of course. But we're not locked down, that's the thing. We're some way on from that now. If people had been offered what they can do now a year ago I'm sure they'd have signed away their souls for it

...Covid, its never going to go away, it will just be at a threat level we can live along side without locking down anymore. Heres hoping!!

I'm still in favour of masks, for now, in places where people are mixing with different people - shops, medical places etc but I don't envy those wearing them. Yesterday I went for a blood test. They make you swap the one you're wearing for one they give you at the hospital here. It was quick in and out, I got into a taxi to go to the supermarket and an hour after donning the new mask I was nearly throwing up with the heat and difficulty breathing! I've no idea why it was that bad, it's only the second time in about 30 similar trips.

I hope people who don't have the choice I have can at least go somewhere and take a break, gulping some fresh air in.
Old Feb 18th 2022, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
The way they forecast virus risk is not by looking at past numbers. They look at the level of immunity in the population and the transmissibility of whatever variant is circulating. Immunity depends on vaccination and natural antibodies. Immunity wanes over time, but that too is something which is being studied. It will be interesting to find out whether a fourth booster will be required.
I appreciate how it works. IIRC, a city in the UK, Liverpool I believe, tested virtually everyone for antibodies to see who had, and who had not, been infected. If memory serves me correctly, way more people than the models had proposed had and with each variant being more transmissible than the prior, I suspect that there are very few that don't have some form of immunity, waning or not.
Old Feb 18th 2022, 2:46 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I appreciate how it works. IIRC, a city in the UK, Liverpool I believe, tested virtually everyone for antibodies to see who had, and who had not, been infected. If memory serves me correctly, way more people than the models had proposed had and with each variant being more transmissible than the prior, I suspect that there are very few that don't have some form of immunity, waning or not.
Most do have immunity, otherwise the government wouldn't be letting the virus rip through the remainder. Vaccination rate is high in the UK, otherwise this would not be possible.
Old Feb 18th 2022, 8:49 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Of course. But we're not locked down, that's the thing. We're some way on from that now. If people had been offered what they can do now a year ago I'm sure they'd have signed away their souls for it

I'm still in favour of masks, for now, in places where people are mixing with different people - shops, medical places etc but I don't envy those wearing them. Yesterday I went for a blood test. They make you swap the one you're wearing for one they give you at the hospital here. It was quick in and out, I got into a taxi to go to the supermarket and an hour after donning the new mask I was nearly throwing up with the heat and difficulty breathing! I've no idea why it was that bad, it's only the second time in about 30 similar trips.

I hope people who don't have the choice I have can at least go somewhere and take a break, gulping some fresh air in.
I've started wearing an N95 mask due to a fairly recent nasty diagnosis, it is harder to breathe with it on and does make me more breathless but then I don't want to risk any infection when I was at the hospital today they gave me one off their masks to wear but said I could wear it over the N95, which I did. Definitely problematic talking and breathing at tge same time and it does make you steamy..

In olden days when I was working i would sometimes be wearing, lead apron, hat, masks, two pairs of gloves, paper gown, while positioning the X ray machine, cassette, and lifting the patient.

Last edited by bats; Feb 18th 2022 at 9:17 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2022, 10:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
In olden days when I was working i would sometimes be wearing, lead apron, hat, masks, two pairs of gloves, paper gown, while positioning the X ray machine, cassette, and lifting the patient.
Apart from the x-ray machine that sounds more like Body disposal by acid bath.
Old Feb 18th 2022, 10:32 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the x-ray machine that sounds more like Body disposal by acid bath.
The machine was a diversion
So glad I didn't have to work during COVID
Old Feb 18th 2022, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

And then there are pictures coming out of China with hotel servers wearing complete hazmat suits, gloves and booties while waiting at tables during the Olympics. Apart from the comfort aspect i cannot imagine enjoying a dinner while these guys are walking round dressed as if a nerve gas had been leaked. There are many medical staff who may be used to wearing one for extended periods of time but those in retail and grocery stores are certainly not used to wearing one for their whole shift every day (apart from short breaks) This is really something only operating theatre staff were used to prior to 2020.
Went to our hospital a while back and using the entrance attached to the parkade we faced a lady with COVID questions and were given a mask. Then she asks what dept and says "oh no you need the other entrance" so off we go to be greeted by another lady with same questions and told to take a mask, we said these are new we got them at the other entrance and she said "sorry you have to take another" Hope they get a good deal on the price from their supplier.
Old Feb 21st 2022, 8:37 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

It's being reported that following her COVID diagnosis, the Queen is still working on "light duties". I'm sorry, but what does that mean? She's a 96 year old woman, it's not as if her job is lifting the bins or stripping the beds.
Old Feb 21st 2022, 1:37 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
It's being reported that following her COVID diagnosis, the Queen is still working on "light duties". I'm sorry, but what does that mean? She's a 96 year old woman, it's not as if her job is lifting the bins or stripping the beds.
Slimline tonic in her G&T's?
Old Feb 21st 2022, 1:57 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
It's being reported that following her COVID diagnosis, the Queen is still working on "light duties".

Old Feb 24th 2022, 5:33 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

COVID, masks and vaccines seem like a blur now. That was so last year.
Our newest threat is what the Russians will do to any country who dares to intervene.
Old Feb 24th 2022, 5:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

That was my first job as a kid. Shabbos Goy.
Old Feb 24th 2022, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
COVID, masks and vaccines seem like a blur now. That was so last year.
Our newest threat is what the Russians will do to any country who dares to intervene.
It's at times like this I wish I could fit into my old fatigues. Oh, to be able to go toe to toe with spetsnaz again!
Old Feb 24th 2022, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Danny B;13097327]COVID, masks and vaccines seem like a blur now./QUOTE]
​​​​​​Always was to most people!
​​​​

​​​​​​
​​​​
​​​​​​

Old Feb 25th 2022, 5:13 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
It's at times like this I wish I could fit into my old fatigues. Oh, to be able to go toe to toe with spetsnaz again!
How many vacation days do you have left?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/worl...kraine-2519951

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.