Coronavirus

Old Feb 7th 2022, 1:09 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I guess, they had to back down to keep the NHS from completely colapsing?

I think this statement is a bit suggestive. And it's hardly life saving, if un vaccinated medical staff are around, it may be, but it decreases the certainty.

To me, an unvaccinated health worker, is something similar as one using a dirty needle to inject something life saving.

It's only a ridiculous idea.
Yes, it would appear so.

I agree that it's irresponsible for healthcare staff not to be vaccinated. And you would think they would have learned about the principles of infectious disease during their training.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Yes, it would appear so.

I agree that it's irresponsible for healthcare staff not to be vaccinated. And you would think they would have learned about the principles of infectious disease during their training.
Eh? If the vaccines work and you are vaccinated, what does it matter that someone treating you isn't? If the person being treated is not vaccinated, they have made their decision and can hardly complain if another has made the same decision
Old Feb 7th 2022, 1:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Eh? If the vaccines work and you are vaccinated, what does it matter that someone treating you isn't? If the person being treated is not vaccinated, they have made their decision and can hardly complain if another has made the same decision
It does matter. Maybe the triple vaccinated patient is 80+, or has an underlaying health condition, or due to an health condition cannot be vaccinated. Even though they are vaccinated they could still get very ill, or worse, from Covid. Anyone who is vaccinated can still get the virus, but more importantly they can pass it on.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 2:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? If the vaccines work and you are vaccinated, what does it matter that someone treating you isn't?
From previous discussions it is clear you know that the unvaccinated are more likely to suffer ill effects from covid and more likely to pass it on.

Therefore you know that what matters in being treated by someone unvaccinated is the greater chance of them passing it to you and the possibility that as they are more likely to suffer ill effects if they do get covid, their actual treatment might be substandard and actually dangerous.

We know you are not stupid. So what is your motivation behind such comments?
Old Feb 7th 2022, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It does matter. Maybe the triple vaccinated patient is 80+, or has an underlaying health condition, or due to an health condition cannot be vaccinated. Even though they are vaccinated they could still get very ill, or worse, from Covid. Anyone who is vaccinated can still get the virus, but more importantly they can pass it on.
OK. So, if what you have stated is correct, how is the patient in your example to benefit from the vaccinated healthcare worker versus the unvaccinated healthcare worker? I would imagine that there is a requirement for all healthcare workers to be tested so as to show that they do not have it and, therefore, are at risk from passing it on.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 2:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

OK. So, if what you have stated is correct, how is the patient in your example to benefit from the vaccinated healthcare worker versus the unvaccinated healthcare worker? I would imagine that there is a requirement for all healthcare workers to be tested so as to show that they do not have it and, therefore, are at risk from passing it on.
It's almost as if you haven't heard of outbreaks in hospitals among health workers isn't it.

Old Feb 7th 2022, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK
From previous discussions it is clear you know that the unvaccinated are more likely to suffer ill effects from covid and more likely to pass it on.

Therefore you know that what matters in being treated by someone unvaccinated is the greater chance of them passing it to you and the possibility that as they are more likely to suffer ill effects if they do get covid, their actual treatment might be substandard and actually dangerous.

We know you are not stupid. So what is your motivation behind such comments?
You are putting words into my mouth. I have never stated that the unvaccinated are more likely to pass it on. If one is infected, one has the potential to pass it on.

It's to point out the hypocrisy of the vaccinated/unvaccinated debate.

One assumes that all healthcare workers must be tested everyday. If they are not, I would ask: Why not? Being vaccinated does not mean that one cannot pass it on as has been demonstrated.

If they are and everyone is clear, whether vaccinated or not, you will have to explain to me what the issue is.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 3:58 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for explaining the obvious !
​​​​
It's surprising that the basics of infectious disease are so hard for some to understand.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​
It's surprising that the basics of infectious disease are so hard for some to understand.
IMO it is not so much that they don’t understand, as they do not want to understand, It is no use arguing/debating with antivaxxers. May as well bang your head against a brick wall.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:07 pm
Oscar nominated

You are putting words into my mouth. I have never stated that the unvaccinated are more likely to pass it on. If one is infected, one has the potential to pass it on..
Nope. I have not put words into your mouth. I said you know of the facts mentioned.We have both talked about it, with references to back it up and I know the same thing has been said by others to you.

One assumes that all healthcare workers must be tested everyday. If they are not, I would ask: Why not?
I believe they are screened every day. I imagine the resources needed for testing everyone every day might be problematic. The rapid kits are already in such short supply in places that people with symptoms are even discouraged (stay home and watch for symptoms) from trying to get them unless they are in an at risk group and it's more important to know.
Being vaccinated does not mean that one cannot pass it on as has been demonstrated.
Yes, just as it has been demonstrated that the vaccinated are less likely to pass it on (infectious for a shorter period) and if they do pass it on, it's been shown that it's a lighter load.
If they are and everyone is clear, whether vaccinated or not, you will have to explain to me what the issue is
The issue is that an unvaccinated person who gets covid is infectious for longer and likely to pass on a higher covid load, than a vaccinated person who gets covid. There, that's twice.

If you're treated by an unvaccinated person the chances of getting covid from them are, thus, higher than being treated by a vaccinated person.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

​​​​
It's precisely because I understand the basics that I have made the comments that I have made above. Please explain the issue to me, from your point of view, so that I can understand your position, in light of what I have stated above.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:10 pm
Yo

IMO it is not so much that they don’t understand, as they do not want to understand, It is no use arguing/debating with antivaxxers. May as well bang your head against a brick wall.
Yes. Constantly looking for loopholes or contradictory information. There was someone on BBC Question Time last week arguing with a senior immunologist based on readings he had done on the internet. The host even had to point out the absurdity of the situation.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have had both shots.

If you accept that the vaccinated can pass on the virus, could you please explain to me why you believe that healthcare workers that are not vaccinated are more dangerous to their patients than those that have been vaccinated are? What danger do they present that a vaccinated one doesn't?
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:16 pm
Yo

It's precisely because I understand the basics that I have made the comments that I have made above. Please explain the issue to me, from your point of view, so that I can understand your position, in light of what I have stated above.
We've been through it before AC, at length. At best you could argue here that you are prepared to accept a higher infection rate (in hospitals) than those of us that want vaccine mandates.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Nope. I have not put words into your mouth. I said you know of the facts mentioned.We have both talked about it, with references to back it up and I know the same thing has been said by others to you.

I believe they are screened every day. I imagine the resources needed for testing everyone every day might be problematic. The rapid kits are already in such short supply in places that people with symptoms are even discouraged (stay home and watch for symptoms) from trying to get them unless they are in an at risk group and it's more important to know.
Yes, just as it has been demonstrated that the vaccinated are less likely to pass it on (infectious for a shorter period) and if they do pass it on, it's been shown that it's a lighter load.

The issue is that an unvaccinated person who gets covid is infectious for longer and likely to pass on a higher covid load, than a vaccinated person who gets covid. There, that's twice.

If you're treated by an unvaccinated person the chances of getting covid from them are, thus, higher than being treated by a vaccinated person.
If the hospitals are performing the tests you have referred to, I'd suggest that there is an equal chance of a patient being infected with a healthcare worker from either group as, on that particular day, either group may be infected and may be able to pass it on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.