Coronavirus

Old Dec 10th 2021, 4:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Did you read the amount of people in hospital beds that are Vaccinated?
I read the post above, yes. There are few of them and one must sympathize with them as they have taken reasonable precautions to avoid that situation.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

So lovely to see that the intolerance of the so-called tolerant is alive and well.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 5:53 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Before. I trust the triage person would shove the un-vaxxed out into the snow to accommodate the drunks (or people overdosing on drugs or people with a plastic Santa stuck up their arse).
LOL - I shouldn't feed the troll.
Perhaps you can come up with a 2021 equivalent of the 'yellow star of David' to hang above the hospital beds of the unvaxxed.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble that I have with the term "unvaxxed" it that it unfairly classes people together. What about those that have had C19 and recovered and already have protection that is as good as those with the vaccination and which has been shown to last longer (yes, I know that those that have recovered and have been vaxxed are better protected than either of the other groups)? What about those that cannot take the vaccine for other health reasons?
Old Dec 10th 2021, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it as meaning those that are not up to date, currently that would be those who have not had the booster, when the 4th jab comes in those who have not had that.

I agree not the nicest term.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 6:56 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Where do you stand on a team of hospital doctors treating intoxicated drivers that have crashed and need urgent medical care? Do they come before or after the unvaxxed?
Did they have winter tyres on or not?

Last edited by JamesM; Dec 10th 2021 at 6:59 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The trouble that I have with the term "unvaxxed" it that it unfairly classes people together. What about those that have had C19 and recovered and already have protection that is as good as those with the vaccination and which has been shown to last longer (yes, I know that those that have recovered and have been vaxxed are better protected than either of the other groups)? What about those that cannot take the vaccine for other health reasons?
We have someone like this on our forum that has admitted so in a previous post just one or two pages back.

To all those ridiculing people who do not have the vaccination for one reason or another, remember the people you are vilifying could be your own friends, family, or others dear to you.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 7:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - I shouldn't feed the troll.
Perhaps you can come up with a 2021 equivalent of the 'yellow star of David' to hang above the hospital beds of the unvaxxed.
On the one hand people who were persecuted and subjected to attempts to wipe them off the face of the earth for no fault of their own. On the other hand we have some self-indulgent twats who, in my view, can reasonably be denied service where there is competition for that service, on the basis of their twattery. The cases are not comparable.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 7:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
It's too much trouble to type "voluntarily unvaccinated" every time, though I did so above. If I use the term "unvaxxed", or some variant thereof, you may assume it to mean "unvaccinated by choice". Similarly, "free" healthcare should be taken to mean "free at the point of service" and not "gifted from God".
Old Dec 10th 2021, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dbd33
On the one hand people who were persecuted and subjected to attempts to wipe them off the face of the earth for no fault of their own. On the other hand we have some self-indulgent twats who, in my view, can reasonably be denied service where there is competition for that service, on the basis of their twattery. The cases are not comparable.
I have some sympathy for this view, you do have the issue as to where this goes, where do you draw the line, what about the body positive movement for example.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 7:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Gozit
We have someone like this on our forum that has admitted so in a previous post just one or two pages back.

To all those ridiculing people who do not have the vaccination for one reason or another, remember the people you are vilifying could be your own friends, family, or others dear to you.
If they were voluntarily un-vaxxed I suppose they'd still be family. One would just stop speaking to them or seeing them, like my aunt who married outside her race They'd still be family even if they voted for Brexit or Trump.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 7:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have some sympathy for this view, you do have the issue as to where this goes, where do you draw the line, what about the body positive movement for example.
Well, I do my hair toss, check my nails. I think people who have bodies in extreme formats likely have a medical reason for that, it's not a simple choice. Vaccination is a different circumstance in that people who don't have the vaccination have no reason not to do so except that some, vaccinated, TV host or politician told them not to do it. They're just being tiresome.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 9:35 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Obesity seems to be at the root of many medical issues.
You're hiding the unvaccinated under your floorboards, aren't you?
Old Dec 10th 2021, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

You're hiding the unvaccinated under your floorboards, aren't you?
I know a couple of people who I am pretty sure have not been vaccinated but most have
Old Dec 11th 2021, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

And then complaining about its use

Not so much holes as just recognising practicalities. You can't keep your mask over your mouth while eating and drinking and it's probably not good while exercising in the gym, breathing difficulty and so on, especially as sweat and heavy breathing is going to clog up the mask. There's little comparable issue with a mask at the cinema - unless it's at one of those places where what you're watching makes you sweat and breathe heavily.
Yes but that's exactly what we have here though, for months now. Must wear a mask while entering or moving around a pub, restaurant, coffee shop and gym to name a few but basically if its indoors its masks and even things like outdoor markets are seeing mask requirements. Cinemas, theatres and the like have all been part of that general rule and don't forget we still have social distancing here although it's not quite so strictly enforced as it was. The daily rags over there are now coming up with their own suggestion now...WFP which is work from pub, rather than from home. The logic is that you cannot go to the office in case of the virus spread but you can go to the pub and mingle so why not just work from the pub and all is good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.