Coronavirus

Old Dec 9th 2021, 9:08 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
76.7%
https://www.publichealthontario.ca/e...-tool?tab=maps

Regardless of the numbers of so called 'cases' = i.e. positive tests.. the part that is relevant and important are the number of hospitalisations.. which are relatively low when compared to the 'case' numbers posted...
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data
Good grief.
Not a huge difference in numbers between fully vaxxed patients vs unvaxxed patients for those in hospital but not in ICU.
You guys need to toughen up a bit.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 9:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Good grief.
Not a huge difference in numbers between fully vaxxed patients vs unvaxxed patients for those in hospital but not in ICU.
You guys need to toughen up a bit.
But, if those numbers are roughly the same despite 70% of the population being vaccinated, it suggests the voluntarily unvaccinated are taking a huge risk with their health (and everyone else's). Bastards.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Again, this is you talking. I just googled UK-Plan B-lockdown.
The results page covers the specifics of working from home if possible, wearing masks, having proof of vax etc. These are all measures - that word is used too - to enable things to go on. Lockdown only gets a mention as being "not ruled out" which is why it's hoped that these measures will avoid that.

In the meantime, the Swiss made an exception for quarantine measures for the players at one of its clubs so a Champions League football match could go ahead and in other parts of Europe matches have been played with heavy restrictions on people allowed to attend or no people allowed to attend at all.
The Netherlands has had three weeks of Lockdown, Denmark is closing schools and nightclubs.

But let's all say that it's the UK going into lockdown when and then blame it on the media.
Yes it's certainly not described anywhere as a lockdown but rather "plan B" It would seem however that this plan has some holes in it but i guess Boris knows what he is doing. I mean the mask mandate has been expanded to include most indoor settings like theatres and cinemas that weren't on the 'plan A" list but not apparently gyms. Also pubs, nightclubs and restaurants all escape the mask rule AND there is no social distancing being mandated. The work from home rule is not really a rule more an advisory if you can. Going to the pub, mixing, eating out and shopping are all still encouraged which of course is good news but you have to wonder if this is just Boris trying his best to act in view of the perceived threat but reluctant to do much so he doesn't piss off the electorate and ruin another Xmas.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 12:00 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
But, if those numbers are roughly the same despite 70% of the population being vaccinated, it suggests the voluntarily unvaccinated are taking a huge risk with their health (and everyone else's). Bastards.
The vaccinated are equally able to pass on the virus, particularly if they have few or no symptoms and think they are fine to mingle with whoever they like. I know more than a few who think they are invincible now they are vax'd... don't wear masks anywhere unless forced to, don't take precautions etc., and yes I know of a few who have had mild covid since being vax'd... caught from other 'vax'd' friends!

As I explained to an acquaintance of mine, I was more at risk if I met up with her, than she was from me... She is vax'd, works as a nursing assistant at a GP's office in Texas, has/d contact with people who are unwell but not yet tested; was at a large airport for several hours, mingling with others - flew to Toronto in a packed plane; hung out in Toronto for a few days (staying in a large hotel and then a motel).... going to stores, restaurants, bars etc., then met up with friends at various places. I don't go anywhere, I don't see anyone, I am super vigilent.. and unvax'd due to heath constraints... she could easily have infected me, had she picked covid up and was asymptomatic

The whole situation is horrible for everyone, vax'd or unvax'd - why lay the blame on anyone... it is what it is... an out of control endemic virus that will mutate and change every year... we either adapt or give up.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 10th 2021 at 12:03 am.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 12:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fergus_96
For me, 'Lockdown' means a stay-at-home order, leave your home for essential reasons only, places being closed etc.

For whatever reason, throughout this whole pandemic, that word has started being thrown around by some people and used to describe any and every Covid measure, no matter how minor.

And then complaining about its use

Originally Posted by printer
Yes it's certainly not described anywhere as a lockdown but rather "plan B" It would seem however that this plan has some holes in it but i guess Boris knows what he is doing. I mean the mask mandate has been expanded to include most indoor settings like theatres and cinemas that weren't on the 'plan A" list but not apparently gyms. Also pubs, nightclubs and restaurants all escape the mask rule
Not so much holes as just recognising practicalities. You can't keep your mask over your mouth while eating and drinking and it's probably not good while exercising in the gym, breathing difficulty and so on, especially as sweat and heavy breathing is going to clog up the mask. There's little comparable issue with a mask at the cinema - unless it's at one of those places where what you're watching makes you sweat and breathe heavily.

Old Dec 10th 2021, 12:53 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The vaccinated are equally able to pass on the virus, particularly if they have few or no symptoms and think they are fine to mingle with whoever they like. I know more than a few who think they are invincible now they are vax'd... don't wear masks anywhere unless forced to, don't take precautions etc., and yes I know of a few who have had mild covid since being vax'd... caught from other 'vax'd' friends!

As I explained to an acquaintance of mine, I was more at risk if I met up with her, than she was from me... She is vax'd, works as a nursing assistant at a GP's office in Texas, has/d contact with people who are unwell but not yet tested; was at a large airport for several hours, mingling with others - flew to Toronto in a packed plane; hung out in Toronto for a few days (staying in a large hotel and then a motel).... going to stores, restaurants, bars etc., then met up with friends at various places. I don't go anywhere, I don't see anyone, I am super vigilent.. and unvax'd due to heath constraints... she could easily have infected me, had she picked covid up and was asymptomatic

The whole situation is horrible for everyone, vax'd or unvax'd - why lay the blame on anyone... it is what it is... an out of control endemic virus that will mutate and change every year... we either adapt or give up.
The selfishness is not about contagion but about choosing to increase risk of hospitalization thereby depriving others of a needed bed. If unvaccinated people are willing to shoot themselves upon catching covid then, fair enough, that's reasonable exercise of free will although it's still not the act of a good person to turn oneself into a variant incubator.

Last edited by dbd33; Dec 10th 2021 at 1:02 am.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 3:51 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

The selfishness is not about contagion but about choosing to increase risk of hospitalization thereby depriving others of a needed bed. If unvaccinated people are willing to shoot themselves upon catching covid then, fair enough, that's reasonable exercise of free will although it's still not the act of a good person to turn oneself into a variant incubator.
Is Ontario short of hospital beds? is the situation there that bad? I must admit that I haven't been keeping up with the news over on your end of the country.

Things in BC aren't bad at all (besides the 1,782 people killed so far this year by drug overdose) but COVID wise we are doing good. I'm even back working in the office
Old Dec 10th 2021, 12:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
IMHO if the jab worked as well as they say it did, we wouldn't be talking about lockdowns, travel restrictions, etc.

It sounds like Omicron is a less deadly variant and that is what might push us away from these measures, not the jab.
Vaccines work as well as "they" (presumably you mean the scientists and medical professionals) say they do. Unfortunately, the pools of unvaccinated people in Africa/South America/Asia - or the US of bloody A - provide fertile ground for new variants to arise. Perhaps we should be giving our third doses to these countries to mitigate that risk faster.

Hopefully Omicron is less deadly. Hopefully restrictions will be short term. We'll see.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
UK is going back into Lockdown even though the new one does not seem to have killed anyone or it seems sent them to Hospital.

It normally takes a few weeks, even months for SarsCov virus to kill pople, so it is early days yet for the Omicron deaths to begin to climb.

Still good idea to take precautions now!

I really really hope this turns out to be the beginning of the end of it.

Old Dec 10th 2021, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

TBH I don't care anymore if vaxed people go around spreading their Covid germs all over the place because the sooner this thing mutates like a whirl wind there is more and more of a chance it will become a milder virus that everybody can handle without dying.

Sometimes I think this is exactly what governments planned on the advice from those brainy Virologists that woild know everything like how virus' acts and mutates, because if it wasn't their plan all along then why weren't they creating and putting in place a vax for the Delta varient last summer?
Old Dec 10th 2021, 1:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Is Ontario short of hospital beds?
It doesn't matter. Taking a bed from someone else out of vanity is wrong regardless of how many there are. It's not like someone who smoked and is now taking up a bed with their cancer; the smoker smoked for pleasure, the helmetless motorcyclist got a buzz from riding. The unvaccinated person is just being a dick.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 2:32 pm
Tea Drinker

It doesn't matter. Taking a bed from someone else out of vanity is wrong regardless of how many there are. It's not like someone who smoked and is now taking up a bed with their cancer; the smoker smoked for pleasure, the helmetless motorcyclist got a buzz from riding. The unvaccinated person is just being a dick.
Where do you stand on a team of hospital doctors treating intoxicated drivers that have crashed and need urgent medical care? Do they come before or after the unvaxxed?
Old Dec 10th 2021, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Obesity seems to be at the root of many medical issues.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 3:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read the amount of people in hospital beds that are Vaccinated? Should they be shooting themselves if / when they catch covid as well? Variant incubation can occur in any member of the population, vaccinated or unvaccinated - that's the nature of a virus.. to mutate and vary in order to be able to pass onto another and survive..

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 10th 2021 at 3:31 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 4:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Where do you stand on a team of hospital doctors treating intoxicated drivers that have crashed and need urgent medical care? Do they come before or after the unvaxxed?

Before. I trust the triage person would shove the un-vaxxed out into the snow to accommodate the drunks (or people overdosing on drugs or people with a plastic Santa stuck up their arse).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.