Coronavirus

Old Dec 9th 2021, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by JamesM
One time I had a flight delay at Pearson. When I landed in Amsterdam I had to sprint to make my connection. Sadly the luggage didn't follow.

I landed at Bordeaux airport and was given a 700 Euro allowance. I could not believe my luck!

Sadly no stores are open in France on a Sunday in that part of the world and despite being in a remote chateau in the Dordogne my luggage still found me.

If it is going to happen make sure you are in London or Paris where they have decent stores!
Yeah like dbd said not ideal for this to happen when on vacation. I had it happen twice, once in Florida, and once when the luggage didn't make my connecting flight to YYZ. Unfortunately the foodstuff's I had packed did not make it back in edible condition that time. Other then that though since it happened on my return home I wasn't too bothered.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 2:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

UK is going back into Lockdown even though the new one does not seem to have killed anyone or it seems sent them to Hospital.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 10:15 am
Just Joined

fergus_96 is an unknown quantity at this point

The UK is not going back into 'lockdown'. Face coverings are mandatory again, working from home is being 'advised' for people who can work at home (which has been the case for most of the year) and vaccine passports are finally coming into effect for big venues. The latter should have come into play many months ago, in that respect the UK is lagging behind Canada.

Those are literally the only changes, everything is still open as usual. Granted, the media don't help with the unnescessary and inaccurate use of words 'lockdowns' and 'restrictions' but they love a bit of hyperbole and spreading fear.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fergus_96
The UK is not going back into 'lockdown'. Face coverings are mandatory again, working from home is being 'advised' for people who can work at home (which has been the case for most of the year) and vaccine passports are finally coming into effect for big venues. The latter should have come into play many months ago, in that respect the UK is lagging behind Canada.

Those are literally the only changes, everything is still open as usual. Granted, the media don't help with the unnescessary and inaccurate use of words 'lockdowns' and 'restrictions' but they love a bit of hyperbole and spreading fear.
Exactly what I keep saying.... the media stir everything up and end up creating most of the issues!!
Old Dec 9th 2021, 12:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Exactly what I keep saying.... the media stir everything up and end up creating most of the issues!!
Yes it is what you keep saying but the media hasn't said the UK is going into lockdown again. That was Boiler and Fergus responded to his nonsense.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yes it is what you keep saying but the media hasn't said the UK is going into lockdown again. That was Boiler and Fergus responded to his nonsense.
TBF, Boiler probably isn't vaxxed, so for him, it would be like a lockdown

Disclaimer: I am against mandatory vaccination , just thought this was funny
Old Dec 9th 2021, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gozit
TBF, Boiler probably isn't vaxxed, so for him, it would be like a lockdown

Disclaimer: I am against mandatory vaccination , just thought this was funny
2 Pfizer and one Moderna. I am not sure if it is true but seemed to be some benefit in mix n match.

I have the UK Radio on and they are talking about the Plan B Lockdown so whatever seems the usual term.

Old Dec 9th 2021, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
2 Pfizer and one Moderna. I am not sure if it is true but seemed to be some benefit in mix n match.

I have the UK Radio on and they are talking about the Plan B Lockdown so whatever seems the usual term.
IMHO if the jab worked as well as they say it did, we wouldn't be talking about lockdowns, travel restrictions, etc.

It sounds like Omicron is a less deadly variant and that is what might push us away from these measures, not the jab.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

Well it seems and who knows that the third jab really helps with Omicron, and the symptoms will then be minor. Not something I am worried about, most people where I am who want the jab have had all 3. And rare to see somebody masked up.

Now I am convinced we are not finished and would not surprise me at all if something very different came into play and we start again.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

1290 cases yesterday in Ontario…highest for over 6 months. 617 fully vaxxed, 42 partial vaxxed, 548 unvaxxed, 83 unknown. 10 deaths.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ont-report...nths-1.5700162
Old Dec 9th 2021, 6:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
1290 cases yesterday in Ontario…highest for over 6 months. 617 fully vaxxed, 42 partial vaxxed, 548 unvaxxed, 83 unknown. 10 deaths.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ont-report...nths-1.5700162

Do we know what proportion of the population is vaccinated?
Old Dec 9th 2021, 6:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Do we know what proportion of the population is vaccinated?
76.7%
https://www.publichealthontario.ca/e...-tool?tab=maps

Regardless of the numbers of so called 'cases' = i.e. positive tests.. the part that is relevant and important are the number of hospitalisations.. which are relatively low when compared to the 'case' numbers posted...
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 9th 2021 at 6:45 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 7:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Again, this is you talking. I just googled UK-Plan B-lockdown.
The results page covers the specifics of working from home if possible, wearing masks, having proof of vax etc. These are all measures - that word is used too - to enable things to go on. Lockdown only gets a mention as being "not ruled out" which is why it's hoped that these measures will avoid that.

In the meantime, the Swiss made an exception for quarantine measures for the players at one of its clubs so a Champions League football match could go ahead and in other parts of Europe matches have been played with heavy restrictions on people allowed to attend or no people allowed to attend at all.
The Netherlands has had three weeks of Lockdown, Denmark is closing schools and nightclubs.

But let's all say that it's the UK going into lockdown when and then blame it on the media.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Take it with the Radio Hosts, heard it used by at least 2.

It is amusing what is and is not allowed in Plan B.

Obviously there are various levels of lockdown, must be an A and not sure how far down the alphabet it goes.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

fergus_96 is an unknown quantity at this point

For me, 'Lockdown' means a stay-at-home order, leave your home for essential reasons only, places being closed etc.

For whatever reason, throughout this whole pandemic, that word has started being thrown around by some people and used to describe any and every Covid measure, no matter how minor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.