Coronavirus

Old Dec 2nd 2021, 12:32 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by JamesM
The WHO get it wrong all the time
won’t get fooled again

Old Dec 2nd 2021, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for anyone who has pre booked travel over Xmas. The ever changing rules are still playing a part in going anywhere it seems and of course coming back home after. The extra costs and hassle and of course the fact that it's you the traveler that must know the rules, there are no excuses apparently. I see UK are in a flap whereby Boris is thrusting forward with booster jabs for everyone and making masks mandatory again whilst others are criticizing the move as not tough enough. When you have to wear masks in shops and other indoor places but NOT in pubs, restaurants or apparently theatres and cinemas and there is no social distancing you have to wonder what kind of affect it will really have. Is it right that countries like UK can forge ahead blindly vaccinating the heck out of everyone they can whilst some countries are struggling to even afford to vaccinate 50% of their adults?
There was another article i saw but cannot remember now where that said University students had studied the time lapse between shots and discovered that a longer time between shots was preferable to just a few weeks yet we have seen a big push in getting 2nd then booster shots in a much shorter timespan than originally suggested. I myself had the request to get the booster only weeks after my second shot
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 3:16 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

My friend leaves for Scotland on the 11th. She is stressing. I asked if she had to isolate until she got the test results, she said she can't see the point as she has to travel by train to Glasgow to take the test.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 7:48 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Just on the train to Paddington to come back to Ontario. In the space of a few days it’s gone from there’s a new variant to requiring a PCR test at Pearson when I arrive and to quarantine until I get the result.

I mean it’s fine, but two years later and you still can’t reliably travel anywhere…
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to go somewhere for a few days, mainly for new years eve... only the states, but don't think Ill bother now. Infact it still won't be a lot of fun even going to a local bar for new years eve....everyone has to sit at their spot all night and not move. Doesn't sound very appealing to me. Oh well there is always next year....or will we have variant 569 by then?
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Just on the train to Paddington to come back to Ontario. In the space of a few days it’s gone from there’s a new variant to requiring a PCR test at Pearson when I arrive and to quarantine until I get the result.

I mean it’s fine, but two years later and you still can’t reliably travel anywhere…
Yep...soo frustrating and i'm glad people are finally starting to see the light on how annoying it is instead of just being like we're in a paandemicccc travel is non-essentialllllll..

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I was going to go somewhere for a few days, mainly for new years eve... only the states, but don't think Ill bother now. Infact it still won't be a lot of fun even going to a local bar for new years eve....everyone has to sit at their spot all night and not move. Doesn't sound very appealing to me. Oh well there is always next year....or will we have variant 569 by then?
Where were you thinking of going? I was thinking of doing the same but rethinking as well...I don't see the point in quarantining for a negative result when they could just do rapid PCR tests on arrival, Canada just chooses not to employ these tests that are available widespread across the US and even Europe.

Hell, i'd happily even PAY for the arrival test if it was processed on the spot and I got the results before I left the airport.

I think most of society is at a point where there is very little appetite for increased restrictions or complicated measures now that vaccination is in play, even if numbers are rising and there are still new variants. Public opinion is very different on this then it was this time last year and the government needs to catch up.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 2:42 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen what zee Germans have just announced for the unvaccinated ?

Germany will ban unvaccinated people from shops and bars, unless they have recently recovered from Covid!

Last edited by Danny B; Dec 2nd 2021 at 3:06 pm. Reason: was on my ipad and made a typo
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Have you seen what zee Germans have just unannounced for the unvaccinated ?

Germany will ban unvaccinated people from shops and bars, unless they have recently recovered from Covid!
So you can't even go grocery shopping?
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 3:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Have you seen what zee Germans have just unannounced for the unvaccinated ?

You omitted ‘non essential’ shops.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 3:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nand
The old vax isn't protective against Omicron
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I thought there are no credible findings as yet on the efficacy of current covid vaccines against the omicron variant?

Old Dec 2nd 2021, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Yup there are lots of ‘rumours’ flying around, but the experts have said they will know more about the new variant in a few weeks.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 3:16 pm
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You omitted ‘non essential’ shops.
Goes without saying that they will still be allowed to purchase food and medical supplies! Meanwhile here in BC cases are dropping and restrictions are being lifted
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 3:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Even after listening to news, I draw to my own conclusions after establishing what facts there has been relayed to me, and always wait for actual facts. My point is that many people cant do that, they exagarate pn the speculation laid out by the media...instead of looking for or waiting for facts. Unfortunately this is what most of the public do...so it would help that so called respected TV and news channels didnt speculate so much as they do, people cant tell the difference between that and fact.
I think one should recognise that based on their knowledge, expertise and experience, the 'speculation' is actually reported rather than coming from the media.

But this idea that many people can't do what you do I'm just not sure about. I know that many don't, perhaps because they're too lazy to read on or just don't want to know. Or maybe they just need to change their sources.

Maybe I'm just spoilt by being used to something more reasonable. Today is a great example.

Headline. Omicron may cause more Covid reinfections, say South African experts
See, immediately one can tell 'the experts' have said this and the media has reported it. It's pretty obvious.
Sub-heading. Scientists warn of higher rate of repeat infections but say vaccines appear to protect against serious illness.

So even before reading the actual report there are expert scientists informing us that natural immunity may not apply but don't worry, the existing vaccines are still good.

So a balance of good and bad aspects and very clearly the media reporting expert and scientific opinion.

If some people are just seeing doom and gloom and shit stirring media then maybe it's time to change their media resources.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Dec 2nd 2021, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling very positive about the mutations, I think its the beginning of the end! 😄

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.