Coronavirus

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Danny B
Police in Canada hunt man who punched nurse in the face after she gave his wife vaccine

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ccine-12414570
Took a bit long, but the story made the front page of CNN US website today, they did leave Canada off the headline though but Canada is mentioned in the actual article.
Old Sep 25th 2021, 4:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

80% of Ontario's over 12 have now had 2 vaccinations.
Old Sep 25th 2021, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
80% of Ontario's over 12 have now had 2 vaccinations.
BC is at 81% fully vaccinated 12+ and 88.7% with one dose, downside is cases in kids who can't yet be vaccinated are climbing, so while the vaccinated ages are dropping, the under 10 group is climbing, but so far hospitlizations for that age group are minimal, but kids are making up the largest demographic now for new cases, ER's are also seeing increase visits from kids with RSV, cold, and influenza.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-cases...-now-1.5600276

Old Sep 25th 2021, 7:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 26th 2021, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Because of dual accounting methods used for COVID patients we generally in BC didn't get a clear indication of just how many patients are in hospital due to COVID until recently when the provice released the numbers and like it was suspected there are more people hospitalized than being officially reported.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-health-off...sure-1.5599428

Old Sep 26th 2021, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Sasak is halting organ donations due to surge in COVID hospitalizations.

I don't see how this wont cost lives, the entire healthcare system in several provinces seems to be at the point of collapse.

Old Sep 29th 2021, 1:17 am
Account Closed

Eastern Fraser Valley, well parts of it in BC are going to see more restrictions amid rising cases and lower vaccination rates compared to neighboring regions.

Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, Mission and Agassiz-Harrison are affected.

seniors living in long-term or assisted living facilities in BC will be getting a 3rd shot also announced today.

Vancouver School Board voted to mandate masks for all grades, although the province has not mandated lower grades to wear masks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...t-27-1.6192150

Old Sep 29th 2021, 2:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Things keep getting worse; the icu's are full and now the government is stopping testing of asymptomatic people, just so they don't run short of test kits.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8228843/s...ople-covid-19/
Old Sep 30th 2021, 8:10 am
Stand-up Philosopher

More of the same. Big Dan from the club was finally supposed to get a new hip but now can't get a surgery date. That won't kill him, but people waiting for transplants have already died and more are certain to.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8232237/o...tchewan-covid/
Old Oct 1st 2021, 12:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the community I live in has the highest vax rate in Newfoundland. The communities currently experiencing a surge in cases here (small in comparison to AB and SK but big for here) have the lowest. Whod've to thunk it? I suspect there is a link to religiosity here unfortunately.
Oh yes, and Mr Kenney changed his mind and would like Nfld to send some help - to Fort Mac I believe - after turning down the offer last week.

Being in the UK the past 10 days was different. High levels of mask use on transit/trains but not all, including the young oik that sat next to me on a 45 minute replacement bus service ride last weekend. London office and pubs no mask usage at all. That was unsettling as we have to wear masks to go into the office here. The availability of rapid lateral flow tests is a game changer IMHO. In the UK you get them from the chemists. I took one before leaving my folks for travel to London. Taking a LF test before you do something - like going to school - seems like a good idea. I'm baffled as to why provincial and federal healthcare here don't seem to agree.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 3:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Our new case numbers are now pushing Ontario's, and they have over 13x more people.

Old Oct 1st 2021, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Apparently the community I live in has the highest vax rate in Newfoundland. The communities currently experiencing a surge in cases here (small in comparison to AB and SK but big for here) have the lowest. Whod've to thunk it? I suspect there is a link to religiosity here unfortunately.
Oh yes, and Mr Kenney changed his mind and would like Nfld to send some help - to Fort Mac I believe - after turning down the offer last week.

Being in the UK the past 10 days was different. High levels of mask use on transit/trains but not all, including the young oik that sat next to me on a 45 minute replacement bus service ride last weekend. London office and pubs no mask usage at all. That was unsettling as we have to wear masks to go into the office here. The availability of rapid lateral flow tests is a game changer IMHO. In the UK you get them from the chemists. I took one before leaving my folks for travel to London. Taking a LF test before you do something - like going to school - seems like a good idea. I'm baffled as to why provincial and federal healthcare here don't seem to agree.
A friend of mine in the UK went to a music concert begining of September, and it was basically like it used to be, no masks no distancing, infact it was packed! so it seems back to pretty normal times.

I am going to a concert in Toronto in a couple of weeks.... an outdoor concert, and I had an email from the venue saying we "urge" everyone to wear masks and distance... but I don't think its mandatory, it said you don't have to vaccinated to attend because its outdoors, so probably why they want people to wear masks. So there is quite the difference in rules between UK and Ontario.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 7:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It has been suggested that we have a work lunch, in celebration of some technical thing, and so a message came to me "find out if your people are double vaxxed". And with that prospect of a burger and a beer, all consideration of personal privacy laws vanished.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
A friend of mine in the UK went to a music concert begining of September, and it was basically like it used to be, no masks no distancing, infact it was packed! so it seems back to pretty normal times.

I am going to a concert in Toronto in a couple of weeks.... an outdoor concert, and I had an email from the venue saying we "urge" everyone to wear masks and distance... but I don't think its mandatory, it said you don't have to vaccinated to attend because its outdoors, so probably why they want people to wear masks. So there is quite the difference in rules between UK and Ontario.
Did you watch any of the 24hr citizen festival last Saturday? Mostly outdoor venues but whilst masks were seen they were certainly few and far between and distancing was certainly not a thing, how can it be for these type of events realistically. Yes it was much like old times and nice to see some normality and people young and old enjoying some live music. Whilst England has dropped most all restrictions and continues to carry on we seem to be going backwards over here. Again this week cases were said to be rising in the Central Okanagan and other areas of BC that were doing reasonably ok are now seeing rising cases and now we have masks for ALL schools starting with kindergarten until at least January so it would seem that there is zero chance of us moving on with any relaxing of restrictions and if masks in schools remain a thing until the New Year you can bet they will remain for ALL indoor places too. I watched the BBC news last night, the only mention of COVID is a short 30 second or so recap on the days numbers and that's it, meanwhile our top doctor Tamm has stated that we need at least 80% of total population to be vaxxed before we reach a level of herd immunity that may be acceptable.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 11:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
meanwhile our top doctor Tamm has stated that we need at least 80% of total population to be vaxxed before we reach a level of herd immunity that may be acceptable.
Sounds fairly reasonable.
Over in NB we've been hovering around 78-79% of those 12 and up for some weeks and our figures are way up.

Almost everything you'd do day to day we've been doing since last year with minimal figures. It was several months before we got our first covid death and only once or twice (Xmas and Easter) did we get to half a dozen people in hospital. All without vaccines but distancing and masks, some limits on crossings into next door provinces and having a steady 20 social group. Unless you counted those in the changing rooms for amateur football I don't think I was ever in a group that many in my younger day.

Our record daily cases has been broken 5 or 6 times in the last 10 days, we consistently have at least twice as many covid people in hospital as the previous highest and more covid patients in ICU than we previously had 'just' in hospital. And Daily deaths. They were previously rare occurrences, mainly old and sick and they're now daily and some in their 40s.

This followed the dropping of remaining restrictions - innocuous stuff like no longer having to leave contact details at a restaurant or bar and no mask mandate. So the mask mandate is back because of the huge error - apparently based on false or out of date information - by the NB government.

Of course the vast majority of people in hospital (80-85%) are the unvaccinated.
Something like 93% of over 70s are fully vaxxed but it's only around 65% and lower for under 40s.

80% of the population fully vaccinated may not be enough if more than a third of people under 40 are primarily responsible for continued spread and mutation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.