Coronavirus

Old Sep 15th 2021, 10:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
There are 2 things wrong with that assumption. Fully vaccinated are being admitted. Those that are not vaccinated are most likely to be 41 year old female Liberal voters, if my memory serves me correctly. I appreciate that such people may be loons, but I hardly think they would be deemed to be "right wing," although I accept that I may be wrong.
Yes, you said that before, even adding from Ontario. It was wrong then and still is as shown by the figures I gave you.

And Siouxie's right, the loons may be left or right.
Jeremy Corbyn's brother Piers is one. Climate change denier as well as anti-vax.

Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

And Siouxie's right, the loons may be left or right.
Jeremy Corbyn's brother Piers is one. Climate change denier as well as anti-vax.
The vast majority of anti-vaxxers are right wing. Taking horse dewormer or bleach in lieu of medicine is a badge of loyalty to Fox News. The people dying of covid are the unvaccinated. I assume they don't commit to their convictions to the extent of staying out of hospital so we may reasonably say that conservatives are clogging the hospitals and causing innocent, vaccinated, people to die for want of ICU availability. It's jolly selfish, like regressive taxation.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Alberta government has come to it's senses a bit.

Seems Alberta hospitals are in bad shape.

"Without interventions, Kenney said, Alberta hospitals may run out of staff and intensive care beds within the next 10 days."
Old Sep 16th 2021, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The vast majority of anti-vaxxers are right wing. Taking horse dewormer or bleach in lieu of medicine is a badge of loyalty to Fox News. The people dying of covid are the unvaccinated. I assume they don't commit to their convictions to the extent of staying out of hospital so we may reasonably say that conservatives are clogging the hospitals and causing innocent, vaccinated, people to die for want of ICU availability. It's jolly selfish, like regressive taxation.
Evidence please.

Here's a link to the article that I referred to above, I appreciate that it is somewhat out of date: Typical 'vaccine hesitant' person is a 42-year-old Ontario woman who votes Liberal: Abacus polling - Macleans.ca

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Sep 16th 2021 at 12:55 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
These people are the extremes though, left and right, there are a lot of right, but they don't stand for your average right wing leaning citizen, these anti vaxxers are the same people that believe in all these idiotic conspiracy theories and that Trump was a respected president! My political stance is right wing and I don't believe or agree with any of that.

I 100% agree that these people are selfish, getting the vaccine is not just about yourself, its about everyone, and trying to get back to a normal ordinary world again, thats why I got my vaccine, lets move on! were never going to while you have people breaking the chain....(left and right wing anti vaxxers)..... heard immunity will also help the people who legitmately cannot have the vaccine.

It appears to me that when vaccinated people contract covid, its not life threatening, (in most cases). So Iet people make their choice... just don't go clogging up the hospitals....who have legitimate covid cases to care for. Maybe sound a little harsh, but I am getting really tired of it now, and Im sure many people are aswell. Get your jab and lets move on or this will never end..

Old Sep 16th 2021, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
These people are the extremes though, left and right, there are a lot of right, but they don't stand for your average right wing leaning citizen, these anti vaxxers are the same people that believe in all these idiotic conspiracy theories and that Trump was a respected president! My political stance is right wing and I don't believe or agree with any of that.

I 100% agree that these people are selfish, getting the vaccine is not just about yourself, its about everyone, and trying to get back to a normal ordinary world again, thats why I got my vaccine, lets move on! were never going to while you have people breaking the chain....(left and right wing anti vaxxers)..... heard immunity will also help the people who legitmately cannot have the vaccine.

It appears to me that when vaccinated people contract covid, its not life threatening, (in most cases). So Iet people make their choice... just don't go clogging up the hospitals....who have legitimate covid cases to care for. Maybe sound a little harsh, but I am getting really tired of it now, and Im sure many people are aswell. Get your jab and lets move on or this will never end..
I imagine that part of the reluctance as that society was told that the vaccines would put an end to the issues resulting from the pandemic. However, fully vaccinated are still being admitted while, for most people, the symptoms are so minor that they are not even able to tell that they have it. I fully accept that this is not the case for all.

I am fully vaccinated.

What will happen when a new variant raises its head, or, after all of people have been vaccinated, people are still being admitted to hospital? Why aren't any governments simply mandating the vaccine for all?
Old Sep 16th 2021, 4:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Evidence please.

Here's a link to the article that I referred to above, I appreciate that it is somewhat out of date: Typical 'vaccine hesitant' person is a 42-year-old Ontario woman who votes Liberal: Abacus polling - Macleans.ca
Ah...the merely hesitant as opposed to full on nutters.
Three quarters (73 percent) of the nutters think COVID-19 is a hoax or greatly exaggerated, while only 33 percent of the hesitant buy that argument.
A third of the merely hesitant say their doctor could persuade them and a quarter say friends and family can, whereas Only 6 percent of the nutters say that their doctor could change their mind and only 3 percent say a friend or family member could.

Thanks for the link that shows the huge differences between the nutters and the rest that some of us are talking about.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ah...the merely hesitant as opposed to full on nutters.
Three quarters (73 percent) of the nutters think COVID-19 is a hoax or greatly exaggerated, while only 33 percent of the hesitant buy that argument.
A third of the merely hesitant say their doctor could persuade them and a quarter say friends and family can, whereas Only 6 percent of the nutters say that their doctor could change their mind and only 3 percent say a friend or family member could.

Thanks for the link that shows the huge differences between the nutters and the rest that some of us are talking about.
It's unfortunate that some are unable to have a discussion without resorting to name calling. I seem to recall that you did something similar on here when discussing the Brexit vote.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 9:26 pm
Oscar nominated

It's unfortunate that some are unable to have a discussion without resorting to name calling. I seem to recall that you did something similar on here when discussing the Brexit vote.
Well what word would you use to describe science deniers who believe lizards are controlling governments and that vaccines include a microchip?
Nutters seems quite reserved.

Are you gong to back up the Brexit allegation, what with you being a lawyer and all?
Old Sep 17th 2021, 4:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew Alberta was in bad shape patient wise in hospital, but its worse than I thought.

Alberta now has 18,706 active cases of COVID-19.

896 patients in hospital across the province with COVID-19, including 222 in intensive care.
As a last resort, some patients may even be transferred to Ontario, said Dr. Verna Yiu, president and CEO of Alberta Health Services (AHS), on Thursday.

(BC Government had said yesterday BC is not in a position to take patients from Alberta, so I assume SK and MB probably aren't either which is why Ontario is the option.)

BC has 5,844 active cases

291 people are in hospital, with 134 in intensive care.

Rate of hospitalization has slowed a bit, 11 percent increase over last Thursday which is lower than it has been, # of patients in hospitals today vs August 16 is still 123% increase.

Interior Health really shouldn't be nearly the same level as Fraser considering Fraser has 1 million more people in its catchment area.

• 213 new cases in Interior Health, which has 1,504 total active cases.
  • 203 new cases in Fraser Health, which has 1,784 total active cases.
  • 105 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, which has 1,051 total active cases.
  • 81 new cases in Island Health, which has 638 total active cases.
  • 104 new cases in Northern Health, which has 857 total active cases.

Old Sep 17th 2021, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Per Capita cases

Old Sep 17th 2021, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Per Capita cases
That chart puts things in perspective. Glad I'm in Ontario and not Alberta.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 12:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I think the new names for the vaccines is total bullshit are ridiculous. I have had 2 shots of Vaxzevria! It's a bit late in the game for the labs to try to distance themselves from the products, and I can think of no reason why they are doing this now. Aside from it being a potentially great Scrabble word I can think of no advantage to the change.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 12:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I think the new names for the vaccines is total bullshit are ridiculous. I have had 2 shots of Vaxzevria! It's a bit late in the game for the labs to try to distance themselves from the products, and I can think of no reason why they are doing this now. Aside from it being a potentially great Scrabble word I can think of no advantage to the change.
I had to look that up. Agree, it's total bullshit
Old Sep 17th 2021, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I don't know I kinda like the idea when somebody asks me are you fully vaxxed and which ones did you have I can say I started off with Comirnaty but then had a shot of SpikeVax. Sounds pretty badass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.