Coronavirus

Old Aug 11th 2021, 1:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
?? They are working on a vaccine 'passport' potential for international travel.. .. unless you have a link that shows otherwise? (Links to the pertinent information always helps)
According to CTV news the feds say it can also be used domestically and, surely, that's only sensible. If one needs proof of vaccination (to go to work, to shops or whatever) and one has the passport, why not use it?

Looks like Ontario residents will be getting vaccination ID after all. Not from the provincial government but from the federal government which is creating an international vaccine passport for the Fall. The feds say it can be used domestically. : ontario (reddit.com)
Old Aug 11th 2021, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
According to CTV news the feds say it can also be used domestically and, surely, that's only sensible. If one needs proof of vaccination (to go to work, to shops or whatever) and one has the passport, why not use it?

Looks like Ontario residents will be getting vaccination ID after all. Not from the provincial government but from the federal government which is creating an international vaccine passport for the Fall. The feds say it can be used domestically. : ontario (reddit.com)
This is what I am hoping will happen.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 11:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
I expect it'll be a standard. That avoids having to have someone at the door of buildings checking inconsistent documents causing a queue. Ideally they'll be machine readable by the same machines that control office doors.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 12:06 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I expect it'll be a standard. That avoids having to have someone at the door of buildings checking inconsistent documents causing a queue. Ideally they'll be machine readable by the same machines that control office doors.
Talking of common sense... do travellers into Canada still have to fill in the customs form? You know, the one they hand out on the plane, and you hold it in your mouth before handing it to Former Lancastrian who wipes the saliva off it, stamps it and gives it back to you to put in your mouth again before then give it to FL's colleague a few yards away?
Old Aug 12th 2021, 12:27 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Talking of common sense... do travellers into Canada still have to fill in the customs form? You know, the one they hand out on the plane, and you hold it in your mouth before handing it to Former Lancastrian who wipes the saliva off it, stamps it and gives it back to you to put in your mouth again before then give it to FL's colleague a few yards away?
Last time I went through the Toronto airport, they'd complicated the procedure. There were machines which I first thought were automated admission machines as they have at airports in the ROW. They are not, they are machines into which one enters one credentials before printing the form to put in one's mouth. The paper used is of the type one used to see in printers that used heat, thin and slippery. I guess that's less absorbent than the cardboard and so less unpleasant for the people who have to handle the forms.

Of course, Canada hasn't invented the single queue yet so there's a mob around each bank of machines and lots of officious people, illiterate in English, bullying those jostling for the machines.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ontario…513 cases yesterday, no deaths. Quite an increase from 213 last week and 324 yesterday.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 3:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That is correct it can be used for domestic and international use, hopefully.
Originally Posted by scilly

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 12th 2021 at 3:08 am.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 3:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
When I flew into Vancouver last (2019) there was no more fill out the form on the plane, everything was done after arrival at a kiosk before proceeding to the booth where a human asks a couple more questions that the kiosk just asked, assuming they are looking to see if you give the human the same answer as you gave the kiosk.

Departing YVR for the US is mostly kiosk now as well, so faster now on the side too, dozens of kiosks, if the kiosk passes you the questioning by a US Officer is minimal, if the kiosk doesn't pass you, off to the long line you go.

Downside with kiosks is when they are not working it can cause chaos.

Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The news report (rather than the reddit or twitter feeds from it or a public statement from the Federal Govt) stated that the federal government say it can be used Provincially..
Ford has already said that he won't, apparently..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8i7BErX...jpg&name=large

More info on the official youtube

In a virtual news conference, federal ministers Marco Mendicino (immigration, refugees and citizenship), Dominic LeBlanc (intergovernmental affairs) and Omar Alghabra (transport) announce that Ottawa is moving forward on a COVID-19 vaccine passport system for international travel. The federal government will work with the provinces and territories to develop a proof of vaccination that can be used by fully vaccinated Canadians travelling internationally or domestically.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 12th 2021 at 5:32 am.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The news report (rather than the reddit or twitter feeds from it or a public statement from the Federal Govt) stated that the federal government say it can be used Provincially..
Ford has already said that he won't, apparently..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8i7BErX...jpg&name=large

More info on the official youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvFR...Gjfs9e&index=2

I'm not expecting the Provincial government to take a position on it and that really doesn't matter to me, I hardly ever visit government buildings. If my work accepts it and Costco accepts it, I'm good.
Old Aug 13th 2021, 1:56 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

141 new cases on Aug 12 is our most significant daily rise since May.

Old Aug 13th 2021, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

At this point I don't know if it will ever end.

https://archive.news.gov.bc.ca/relea...052-001604.htm

Vaccination rates are getting pretty high at least.

83.2% (3,599,872) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 73.6% (3,183,232) received their second dose.

717 new cases
  • 140 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 821
  • 101 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 593
  • 376 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 2,446
  • 60 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 163
  • 40 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 245

Old Aug 13th 2021, 2:29 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
At this point I don't know if it will ever end.

https://archive.news.gov.bc.ca/relea...052-001604.htm

Vaccination rates are getting pretty high at least.

83.2% (3,599,872) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 73.6% (3,183,232) received their second dose.

717 new cases
  • 140 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 821
  • 101 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 593
  • 376 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 2,446
  • 60 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 163
  • 40 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 245
As far as I'm concerned the pandemic is over for me. I'm double vaccinated and ready to return back to normal life.

When you actually see the break down of these new cases, a high percentage of them are young unvaccinated individuals with very mild symptoms. I think the Gov has done its job. Yes there will be the odd break through case of fully vaxxed people getting sick or dying, but that's no different from dying of influenza if you had a flu jab, unfortunate but it happens.

If the gov is concerned about these new daily cases, their efforts should be in developing a plan to vaccinate the remaining 30% and stop fear mongering us with daily case numbers. I've stopped looking now, as far as I'm concerned, the wild fires are much more of a risk to me. The fear of me catching COVID is over.

We should all be celebrating how lucky we are

Old Aug 13th 2021, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
As far as I'm concerned the pandemic is over for me. I'm double vaccinated and ready to return back to normal life.

When you actually see the break down of these new cases, a high percentage of them are young unvaccinated individuals with very mild symptoms. I think the Gov has done its job. Yes there will be the odd break through case of fully vaxxed people getting sick or dying, but that's no different from dying of influenza if you had a flu jab, unfortunate but it happens.

If the gov is concerned about these new daily cases, their efforts should be in developing a plan to vaccinate the remaining 30% and stop fear mongering us with daily case numbers. I've stopped looking now, as far as I'm concerned, the wild fires are much more of a risk to me. The fear of me catching COVID is over.

We should all be celebrating how lucky we are
The fires are sure our biggest concern here right now despite the uptick in case numbers. Cases are going up all over so we aren't going to be immune from it and certainly the central okanagan is a tourist hotspot and fully open compared to last summer so what were they expecting?
I noticed on the BBC UK news yesterday COVID hardly got a mention. Afghanistan, student exams and of course the Plymouth shooting incident were the brunt of the news and at the end they quickly listed the days numbers. Today i see that they are saying the R rate is below 1 which is amazing news.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anywhere in Canada issue the sort of the home COVID-19 (lft) that are widely issued in the UK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.