Coronavirus

Old May 12th 2021, 6:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
After being told there will be no more AZ vaccine delivered to Ontario, next week almost 1/4 million doses will be delivered.
The New Brunswick arm of CBC has been reporting the impending arrival in Canada of more AZ vaccine for a couple of weeks now. I can't remember how much they said but they identified a total and included a reference to NB's share.

Of course they didn't say anything helpful like when, just some in a couple of weeks and a larger shipment to follow "some time" in June.

I see there are now concerns about the clotting issue because the rate has increased from one in 100,000 to one in 60,000.
When the clotting issue was first in the news the reports were all about it being more of a concern for younger people but still low risk. Then, because of an apparent reluctance to take it, some provinces started dishing it out to younger people. For example in NB they gave it to anyone 55 and up who turned up, this at a time when you had to be over 75 or health reasons. Did Jsmth say something similar for BC?

It all seems a bit odd to say it's very low risk (compared to covid risk) and not quite as low risk for younger people, then give it to younger people (though not that young) and then be surprised that the rate goes up a bit. One in 60k from one in 100k is 5 in 300,000 compared to 3.
Old May 12th 2021, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ks-canada.html

​​​​​​Don’t deport me until I get my second dose of COVID-19 vaccine, health worker asks Canada
Should be prioritized for his 2nd jab so then he can return home without fear of catching Covid Yeah I know I'm a heartless bar steward.
Old May 12th 2021, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

What is the latest on second doses in Ontario? I have a tentative appt for my 1st dose (I am a little hesitant about long term side effects, 100% I will not take AZ or J&J but Pfizer/Moderna I am open to taking, although I am still anxious to be honest.) - is the timeline still 4+ months before the second dose is delivered?

Wondering about potentially receiving dose 1 here and dose 2 abroad...anyone have experience with that?
Old May 12th 2021, 9:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
What is the latest on second doses in Ontario? I have a tentative appt for my 1st dose (I am a little hesitant about long term side effects, 100% I will not take AZ or J&J but Pfizer/Moderna I am open to taking, although I am still anxious to be honest.) - is the timeline still 4+ months before the second dose is delivered?

Wondering about potentially receiving dose 1 here and dose 2 abroad...anyone have experience with that?
Even if you wanted AZ you would not be able to get it. They are still saying approx 4 months…but I suppose it depends on how quick they get the vaccines and how much is delivered.
Old May 12th 2021, 10:04 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Will you have to pay abroad or will their health service cover you?

Otherwise I'd assume it's entirely plausible.

I've had dose 1 of AZ. If there isn't a second dose that's fine- if we're still dealing with covid in 6 months and a vaccine is needed to travel I'll try one of the others.

The reality is Ontario is a disaster. We're locked down now by government incompetence only.

The UK have run a successful vaccination program using primarily Astra Zeneca and yet it is some how a problem here?

Ontario needs an overhaul of its health system starting with Dr Williams right down to what they teach in medical school. Its second rate, not good enough and really the damage to an already poor economy is unacceptable.

Last edited by JamesM; May 12th 2021 at 10:07 pm.
Old May 12th 2021, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

50% of the population 18+ in BC have had at least 1 dose of vaccine.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-vacci...dose-1.5425200

Old May 12th 2021, 10:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Should be prioritized for his 2nd jab so then he can return home without fear of catching Covid Yeah I know I'm a heartless bar steward.
You may be, but you're right. It makes sense to me; how hard can it be to step up one vaccination appointment and get him removed on schedule? The government will catch flak for letting him cut in line, but not as much as if they defer a deportation. Putting him on the plane without the shot might be legal enough, but the optics are bad, especially given his service in the hospital. Oh what the press would do with that! The logistics alone should make it obvious which course of action to take.
Old May 12th 2021, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Both myself and my wife have now had first jabs of Pfizer (due to our ages). We are in Ontario. Mine on 28 April, hers on 10 May. When we had our first, they automatically gave us appointments for the second jab. Both are about 3.5 months from the first jab.
Old May 12th 2021, 10:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Saskatchewan has donated 100 ventilators worth about $3.5 million to India, and Air Canada is donating the freight. We still have 600 in reserve just in case. Hopefully they're able to put them to use right away.
https://leaderpost.com/news/saskatch...ndia-from-sask
Old May 12th 2021, 11:36 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Saskatchewan has donated 100 ventilators worth about $3.5 million to India, and Air Canada is donating the freight. We still have 600 in reserve just in case. Hopefully they're able to put them to use right away.
https://leaderpost.com/news/saskatch...ndia-from-sask
A drop in the ocean. India's population is close to 1.4 billion people it would be like someone donating 2 ventilators to Canada for scale.
Old May 12th 2021, 11:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by JamesM
A drop in the ocean. India's population is close to 1.4 billion people it would be like someone donating 2 ventilators to Canada for scale.
They probably won't refuse them.
Old May 13th 2021, 1:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

True, but Saskatchewan can't provide enough for 1.4 billion people nor could Canada, and every little bit helps if other countries are doing the same.
Old May 13th 2021, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Will you have to pay abroad or will their health service cover you?

Otherwise I'd assume it's entirely plausible.

I've had dose 1 of AZ. If there isn't a second dose that's fine- if we're still dealing with covid in 6 months and a vaccine is needed to travel I'll try one of the others.

The reality is Ontario is a disaster. We're locked down now by government incompetence only.

The UK have run a successful vaccination program using primarily Astra Zeneca and yet it is some how a problem here?

Ontario needs an overhaul of its health system starting with Dr Williams right down to what they teach in medical school. Its second rate, not good enough and really the damage to an already poor economy is unacceptable.
+1...I would be covered by the Maltese health system to get a dose there. I would be worried about Canada having issues recognizing that I took dose 1 here and dose 2 there. The aim would be to potentially avoid quarantine by being fully vaccinated, if they elect to change the rules in July, which i've heard there is potential for that. Otherwise i would be fine to just wait for my second dose here in Canada.

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Both myself and my wife have now had first jabs of Pfizer (due to our ages). We are in Ontario. Mine on 28 April, hers on 10 May. When we had our first, they automatically gave us appointments for the second jab. Both are about 3.5 months from the first jab.
Cheers ok, so it hasn't really changed too much. I am in the London area too so it would be the same for me likely.
Old May 13th 2021, 2:05 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by caretaker
They probably won't refuse them.
They probably won't notice them.

It's a shame Canada can't make a meaningful contribution but we need most of the covid resources here because our mess is not so far behind India's.

I find it hypocritical that we are trying to help them.

Your province is probably run much better than mine.
Old May 13th 2021, 4:54 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Your province is probably run much better than mine.
With the possible exception of Alberta, has any province been more poorly run with respect to Covid than ON?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.