British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/coronavirus-930602/)

BristolUK Dec 17th 2021 7:22 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 13081921)
Although it wasn't his home was it? ;). It wasn't his home at all.

Wasn't it? Do as we say, not as we do

Trudeau travelled from Ottawa into Quebec over the weekend to meet up with his family at their official country residence of Harrington Lake.
I believe Ottawa was his place of work so I think that fits my description of crossing the border to return to the family home and is so very different to other examples mentioned.

I liked the recent one. A Day for Truth and Reconciliation where all the overpaid got a day off. The working class of course had to work and the Prime Minister went to Tofino on vacation because it was more important to him. Or is that another home to work thing for you?
No, that was a different kettle of fish for which he was rightly criticised. ;)



Danny B Dec 17th 2021 7:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 13082070)
Brace yourself, i'm sure it's coming to Ontario and BC as well. Quebec's already started.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this variant is a storm in a teacup. Highly transmissible yes, but no worse than a really bad cold. Hopefully we dodged a bullet with Omicron. The original COVID that slowly suffocated you was some scary shit. I fully agreed with that lockdown.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8430966/o...-south-africa/



Paul_Shepherd Dec 17th 2021 8:09 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13082066)
If I had to shut down my business in England because of one death and 65 people in Hospital, I'd be facking furious.

There are currently 65 patients in hospitals in England with the Omicron variants of coronavirus, according to the UK Health Security Agency.

However, the number of deaths remained unchanged at one.

Its absolutely ridiculous.... the world's governments have lost their minds.... and the media just amplify it and make people anxious and full of fear for nothing! I think anyone can see now that the threat level is very very low with Omicrom... a couple more weeks will confirm that... but the fact there are 95000 cases every day in the UK (majority omicron) and there has only been one death from it kind of says something.... it says to me calm the f*** down!! this is the bog roll saga all over again!

The over reaction is going to be even worse here! everything is about to 50% capcity again in Ontario (already is in Quebec) and in the Uk the pubs are still packed and they have 70 times more cases more than Ontario. I think in general people have had enough..

Im going out tonight with work friends for a few drinks, making the most of it before its all screwed up again! :rolleyes:




Paul_Shepherd Dec 17th 2021 8:11 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13082091)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this variant is a storm in a teacup. Highly transmissible yes, but no worse than a really bad cold. Hopefully we dodged a bullet with Omicron. The original COVID that slowly suffocated you was some scary shit. I fully agreed with that lockdown.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8430966/o...-south-africa/

110% aggree word for word in the paragraph!! :goodpost:

Siouxie Dec 17th 2021 8:13 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
So Premier Doug Ford has announced ..
No drinks after 10pm from Sunday... bars, restaurants etc., must close by 11pm - reduction to 50% of capacity and no dancing permitted.... that'll put a dampener on those places that have sold tickets for New Years Eve.. :(

The sale of alcohol will be restricted after 10 p.m. and consumption of alcohol in businesses or settings after 11 p.m.
*but over 18's can get the booster shot now.. provided it has been 3 months since their last vaccine...
https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1...nse-to-omicron


Starting Monday, December 20, 2021, individuals aged 18 and over will be eligible to schedule their booster dose appointment. Appointments will be booked three months (84 days) after a second dose as the province urgently expands booster eligibility to millions more individuals.

BristolUK Dec 17th 2021 10:20 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13082094)
...I think anyone can see now that the threat level is very very low with Omicrom... a couple more weeks will confirm that... but the fact there are 95000 cases every day in the UK (majority omicron) and there has only been one death from it kind of says something.... it says to me calm the f*** down!! this is the bog roll saga all over again!...

That 95000 is a record isn't it? Yes.
I believe the total very quickly followed another daily record. Yes.
So the newly dominant version of Covid has caused record infections without there having been enough time to have a similar knock on effect of deaths.

IIRC the UK no longer counts deaths as covid related if they occur after 28 days have passed. That's a bit like saying death can occur up to 4 weeks after getting it, no?
Have we reached the point at which Omicron has infected similar numbers of people where we can say it's similar? I don't believe we have.
Remember we had a variant that was less contagious but more dangerous if you got it? And another that was more contagious but not so dangerous?

We were told all this from the very beginning. There would be variants and the more infections the more chances of more variants. Have we forgotten this? :ohmy:
And with all these variants that may or may not be more contagious or may or may not be so serious in symptoms, what if there's one that makes us all think it's just a cold, we have few, if any symptoms, but the actual effect on our bodies is actually worse and on the 29th day it kills. Maybe that while we have a sniffle, some of the little buggers are actually cluttering up our lungs like all the other people we knew about because they were sick enough for these things to be looked at but while we're only having a sniffle we dismiss the idea of our lungs being obliterated because, "well I don't feel that bad."

Or maybe that like the other versions, some people get long covid but that second time around instead of just suffering Omicron long covid they die.

In six months time, Omicron becomes known as the silent killer - you know, like many other medical conditions that kill silently. And then people ask "why weren't we warned about this?"

And if I'm still here then I shall say, "you were, you just decided you were more expert than all the people who warned you it was too early to tell."

And, no, I'm not running scared. I'm just wary. Everything we were warned about has happened. We are still being warned and so far the people and places where people have not heeded the warnings have suffered the most.

Until we have experts saying the worst is over I think it reasonable to assume it's not.




ChrisBan Dec 18th 2021 1:02 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
Lockdown by stealth

Shard Dec 18th 2021 8:32 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13082066)
If I had to shut down my business in England because of one death and 65 people in Hospital, I'd be facking furious.

There are currently 65 patients in hospitals in England with the Omicron variants of coronavirus, according to the UK Health Security Agency.

However, the number of deaths remained unchanged at one.

By most accounts there is going to be a tremendous wave of Omicron infections in a few weeks time (January). Over a million cases are projected. What's not known is how lethal the Omicron variant is. Very preliminary data from South Africa (young and Covid recovered population) us that it's not so lethal, but that does not necessarily hold true for the UK. An abundance of caution may lead to some business closures; disregarding caution may lead to thousands of Omicron deaths (including indirect deaths from ICU's being filled with Covid patients).



Shard Dec 18th 2021 8:38 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13082122)

And if I'm still here then I shall say, "you were, you just decided you were more expert than all the people who warned you it was too early to tell."

And, no, I'm not running scared. I'm just wary. Everything we were warned about has happened. We are still being warned and so far the people and places where people have not heeded the warnings have suffered the most.

Until we have experts saying the worst is over I think it reasonable to assume it's not.

Indeed. The public can deny reality as much as they want, viruses don't care.

Shard Dec 18th 2021 8:40 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by ChrisBan (Post 13082137)
Lockdown by stealth

Quick, find your tin foil hat !

abner Dec 18th 2021 9:12 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13082094)
Its absolutely ridiculous.... the world's governments have lost their minds.... and the media just amplify it and make people anxious and full of fear for nothing! I think anyone can see now that the threat level is very very low with Omicrom... a couple more weeks will confirm that... but the fact there are 95000 cases every day in the UK (majority omicron) and there has only been one death from it kind of says something.... it says to me calm the f*** down!!

It will be very interesting to replay this post about 2 months down the track...

BristolUK Dec 18th 2021 11:15 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by abner (Post 13082171)
It will be very interesting to replay this post about 2 months down the track...

And, indeed, mine. But hindsight doesn't make either of them wrong.

Both Paul land myself have actually said the same thing about it not being clear yet.
He's convinced it's an overreaction and we'll know for sure in a couple of weeks, I've said it's too early to tell and consider there's enough information that is known to remain wary.

BristolUK Dec 19th 2021 12:29 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
When you see governments around the world - especially those who acted quickly first time around and clearly benefited from swift and correct action - setting up various measures to try to combat the latest surge and its potential knock on effects, I'm afraid that when someone stands out in opposition I am reminded of the War of the Worlds movie when that Priest approaches one of the alien spacecraft that have been busy incinerating people, thinking he can reason with them.

And within seconds they blow him to smithereens.

printer Dec 19th 2021 11:32 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13082348)
When you see governments around the world - especially those who acted quickly first time around and clearly benefited from swift and correct action - setting up various measures to try to combat the latest surge and its potential knock on effects, I'm afraid that when someone stands out in opposition I am reminded of the War of the Worlds movie when that Priest approaches one of the alien spacecraft that have been busy incinerating people, thinking he can reason with them.

And within seconds they blow him to smithereens.

Don't let dbd33 see this, he may think it's a great idea for the unvaccinated. :rofl:

Siouxie Dec 19th 2021 11:51 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by printer (Post 13082466)
Don't let dbd33 see this, he may think it's a great idea for the unvaccinated. :rofl:

Anti-vaxxers

dbd33 Dec 20th 2021 2:41 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 13082469)
Anti-vaxxers

Well quite, if someone has a medical reason why they cannot be vaccinated, then locking them in a dungeon for the duration is quite enough. It's only those who are unvaccinated by choice who need to be put to death.

Nand Dec 20th 2021 7:30 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
What about those who are antivax for religious reasons?

dbd33 Dec 20th 2021 10:32 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Nand (Post 13082507)
What about those who are antivax for religious reasons?

Following a religion is just a personal preference. Why people choose not to be vaxxed shouldn't matter to public policy; all such people are a menace to society.

JamesM Dec 20th 2021 10:47 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13082080)

Nonsense- 24 Sussex is the residence of the Prime Minister.

Paul_Shepherd Dec 20th 2021 11:38 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13082122)
That 95000 is a record isn't it? Yes.
I believe the total very quickly followed another daily record. Yes.
So the newly dominant version of Covid has caused record infections without there having been enough time to have a similar knock on effect of deaths.

IIRC the UK no longer counts deaths as covid related if they occur after 28 days have passed. That's a bit like saying death can occur up to 4 weeks after getting it, no?
Have we reached the point at which Omicron has infected similar numbers of people where we can say it's similar? I don't believe we have.
Remember we had a variant that was less contagious but more dangerous if you got it? And another that was more contagious but not so dangerous?

We were told all this from the very beginning. There would be variants and the more infections the more chances of more variants. Have we forgotten this? :ohmy:
And with all these variants that may or may not be more contagious or may or may not be so serious in symptoms, what if there's one that makes us all think it's just a cold, we have few, if any symptoms, but the actual effect on our bodies is actually worse and on the 29th day it kills. Maybe that while we have a sniffle, some of the little buggers are actually cluttering up our lungs like all the other people we knew about because they were sick enough for these things to be looked at but while we're only having a sniffle we dismiss the idea of our lungs being obliterated because, "well I don't feel that bad."

Or maybe that like the other versions, some people get long covid but that second time around instead of just suffering Omicron long covid they die.

In six months time, Omicron becomes known as the silent killer - you know, like many other medical conditions that kill silently. And then people ask "why weren't we warned about this?"

And if I'm still here then I shall say, "you were, you just decided you were more expert than all the people who warned you it was too early to tell."

And, no, I'm not running scared. I'm just wary. Everything we were warned about has happened. We are still being warned and so far the people and places where people have not heeded the warnings have suffered the most.

Until we have experts saying the worst is over I think it reasonable to assume it's not.

Of course you are quite right Bristol... no one really knows how "deadly" this new Omicron variant is yet, as there has not been enough data gathered, but I am going out on a limb and saying that it is an over reaction, and I hope I am right. I have been reading a fair bit on the life cycle of a typical pandemic... and if this one goes the same way as others have, this Omicron variant is the first sign of the beginning of the end.... in that its highly contagious but a lot weaker, and therefore not actually deadly. I think it could be potentially deadly to the unvaccinated, as I do believe the vaccine works.... and this is where I think we should now be able to get out there and from herd immunity as a collective, which would also result in the virus mutating and becoming weaker. until its no longer deadly.

I have no idea if I am right, its just a conclusion I have arrived at after reading a little about past pandemics. If I am right, then it will be great for us all....except that another Christmas and new year have been ruined. :( We will know in the next couple of weeks.



Almost Canadian Dec 20th 2021 1:04 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Here you go. Based on science too:


BristolUK Dec 20th 2021 2:23 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 13082562)
Nonsense- 24 Sussex is the residence of the Prime Minister.

Exactly so. Place of work. Would he live there if he wasn't the PM? No, so he'd be at the family home.

As I said, it's completely different to those taking holidays away. He went to the family home. From work ;)

BristolUK Dec 20th 2021 3:05 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 13082596)
Here you go. Based on science too:

First Omicron science - YouTube

Very good explanation for how/why Omicron is faster at spreading but not necessarily more damaging to the individual getting infected, for those that want to know the details.

It seems the conspiracy theorists and and anti-vaxxers have stopped following this guy as the comments I was reading under his earlier videos appear to have dried up. They must be going elsewhere for their fill.

So now we just have to hope that while it's doing its work (spreading 70 times more quickly than other variants) it's not also creating other, more dangerous, variants at 70 times the speed that previous variants took.

Nand Dec 20th 2021 6:47 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 13082596)
Here you go. Based on science too:

First Omicron science - YouTube

Thank you. Easy to understand, very informative. I see why it is so much more easily transmitted than other varieties. More info to come in future I'm sure. It is disappointing that the vaccine and previous infection isn't much help in avoiding catching Omicron.

Everyone please take care of yourselves the next few weeks!

🐣🌸💚❤️🌸🐣 🕊❤️🌳❤️🕊

old.sparkles Dec 20th 2021 11:27 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 13082596)
Here you go. Based on science too:

First Omicron science - YouTube

Just for clarity, Dr John Campbell is a doctor as he has a Phd in nursing education.

He also has a masters in health science, and initial degree in biology.

Not everything he says on his youtube channel is accurate, so should not be used as sole source.

Paul_Shepherd Dec 21st 2021 11:02 am

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 13082596)
Here you go. Based on science too:

First Omicron science - YouTube

Very interesting, easy to understand and informative.... you can see why the omicron variant is much less of a threat, it infects an entirely different part of the lungs....and serious illness pneumonia like symptons never develop. So come on lets move on..were all vaccinated, protect the vunerable and the rest of us lets get out there, cant keep locking us up forever!!

dbd33 Dec 21st 2021 11:15 am

Re: Coronavirus
 
Gotta love this balanced view:

“If you’re not vaccinated, you shouldn’t be allowed in the hospital, you shouldn’t be allowed to fly, you shouldn’t be allowed on the London Underground, and you shouldn’t be allowed in the local supermarket or your pharmacy either,”


Ryanair Boss Calls For Ban on ‘Idiot’ Anti-Vaxxers: Telegraph - Bloomberg

JamesM Dec 21st 2021 12:17 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13082616)
Exactly so. Place of work. Would he live there if he wasn't the PM? No, so he'd be at the family home.

As I said, it's completely different to those taking holidays away. He went to the family home. From work ;)

Still nonsense.

You're basically saying that the man is entitled to move around homes while the rest of us aren't.

Lots of people work from home and he did not drive from work to home. He has a perfectly good home in Ottawa.

You're defence of his is terrible. Are you Tru-Anon?

BristolUK Dec 21st 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 13082782)
Still nonsense.

You're basically saying that the man is entitled to move around homes while the rest of us aren't.

No, just that there's one address he's at because he works there and there's the family home in a different place. Is the family supposed to up sticks and move to his place of work? Wouldn't that be bad too? ;)
I'm just saying that what he did is not comparable to the sort of thing people have complained about - flitting about the world, pretending to be local workers rather than millionaires,or driving to 'not the family home' to celebrate two family birthdays and a parental retirement and then going out for a drive to test eyesight and all that WITH covid. There's really no comparison.



Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd (Post 13082768)
Very interesting, easy to understand and informative.... you can see why the omicron variant is much less of a threat, it infects an entirely different part of the lungs....and serious illness pneumonia like symptons never develop. So come on lets move on..were all vaccinated, protect the vunerable and the rest of us lets get out there, cant keep locking us up forever!!

As he says n the video "Wow! 70 times as fast" I think there was an extra Wow in there too.

We've been dealing with this since March 2020? I'm losing track of different variants/mutations or whatever and I've also forgotten which is which. So I call them versions. We know - we were told - that there would be different versions. We're familiar with the idea that some spread more quickly and others more slowly. We're familiar with this one doesn't do as much damage as that one.

How many variations of significant differences have we had now? Is it three? Over a bit more than 18 months. One every 6 months or so?

But this one is 70 times as fast with its spread as previous versions. What if that means the development of different versions is sped up by 70? I'm sure an expert would be able to answer that but does it seem improbable to you that instead of a different dominant strain every six months with 'slow' variants we could see significantly different strains, say, every couple of months?

And that before we can name the latest version that's different to the last one, it has already been doing the rounds in different countries undetected - just like the previous ones - only now this one isn't as harmless.

What makes you so confident this won't happen? Why not just allow enough time for the experts to be sure that while it's left the upper tract it hasn't deposited something that works it way down lower, and that the next version that hits hasn't been sped up.

Siouxie Dec 21st 2021 3:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
Happy Anniversary Covid!

Today, December 21st, marks two years since the China CDC Weekly acknowledged the first “cluster of pneumonia cases with an unknown cause … in Wuhan.


Emerging and re-emerging pathogens are great challenges to the public health (1). A cluster of pneumonia cases with an unknown cause occurred in Wuhan starting on December 21, 2019.

Almost Canadian Dec 21st 2021 4:51 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 13082699)
Just for clarity, Dr John Campbell is a doctor as he has a Phd in nursing education.

He also has a masters in health science, and initial degree in biology.

Not everything he says on his youtube channel is accurate, so should not be used as sole source.

Are you able to point us to anything that he said in that video that was inaccurate?

JamesM Dec 21st 2021 5:12 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13082814)
No, just that there's one address he's at because he works there and there's the family home in a different place. Is the family supposed to up sticks and move to his place of work? Wouldn't that be bad too? ;)
I'm just saying that what he did is not comparable to the sort of thing people have complained about - flitting about the world, pretending to be local workers rather than millionaires,or driving to 'not the family home' to celebrate two family birthdays and a parental retirement and then going out for a drive to test eyesight and all that WITH covid. There's really no comparison.

The family resides in Ottawa. I'm not sure why you struggle to understand this? They deliberately went to another place when they were supposed to be locked down. If memory serves his wife was also diagnosed with Covid and still managed to switch location. What they did was totally comparable you are just being selective.

Nand Dec 21st 2021 5:43 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13082814)
No, just that there's one address he's at because he works there and there's the family home in a different place. Is the family supposed to up sticks and move to his place of work? Wouldn't that be bad too? ;)
I'm just saying that what he did is not comparable to the sort of thing people have complained about - flitting about the world, pretending to be local workers rather than millionaires,or driving to 'not the family home' to celebrate two family birthdays and a parental retirement and then going out for a drive to test eyesight and all that WITH covid. There's really no comparison.



As he says n the video "Wow! 70 times as fast" I think there was an extra Wow in there too.

We've been dealing with this since March 2020? I'm losing track of different variants/mutations or whatever and I've also forgotten which is which. So I call them versions. We know - we were told - that there would be different versions. We're familiar with the idea that some spread more quickly and others more slowly. We're familiar with this one doesn't do as much damage as that one.

How many variations of significant differences have we had now? Is it three? Over a bit more than 18 months. One every 6 months or so?

But this one is 70 times as fast with its spread as previous versions. What if that means the development of different versions is sped up by 70? I'm sure an expert would be able to answer that but does it seem improbable to you that instead of a different dominant strain every six months with 'slow' variants we could see significantly different strains, say, every couple of months?

And that before we can name the latest version that's different to the last one, it has already been doing the rounds in different countries undetected - just like the previous ones - only now this one isn't as harmless.

What makes you so confident this won't happen? Why not just allow enough time for the experts to be sure that while it's left the upper tract it hasn't deposited something that works it way down lower, and that the next version that hits hasn't been sped up.

Well yes, brilliant! Let's just have a tiny amount of patience and take good care of ourselves as best we can.

🐾 ☕️ 🌅 ☕️ 🐾

Danny B Dec 21st 2021 5:44 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 
14 Omicron deaths worldwide (3 countries) so far.....I'm not a gambling man, but I think we will be OK here in Canada.


Gozit Dec 21st 2021 5:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13082866)
14 Omicron deaths worldwide (3 countries) so far.....I'm not a gambling man, but I think we will be OK here in Canada.

Mass over-reaction then on the parts of most EU and Canadian provincial governments with the re-introduction of lockdowns and restrictions. Absolutely appalling.

BristolUK Dec 21st 2021 6:47 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 13082855)
The family resides in Ottawa.


Trudeau’s travel between the two caused something of a furor when he posted an Easter weekend photo of him posing with his wife, Sophie Gregoire Trudeau, and their three children at what’s known as the prime minister’s cottage or summer retreat — a 16-room, Colonial Revival heritage house that sits on a 5.4-hectare property, along with three other smaller “cottages,” overlooking Harrington Lake in Quebec’s Gatineau hills.

But the way Trudeau sees it, he’s simply travelling between his work in Ottawa and his family’s home 30 minutes away, across the river in Quebec — just like many other Quebecers.

“Since I work at the residence in Ottawa and I do press conferences every day, it was not ideal for the children to stay there, so they went to the other official residence (at Harrington Lake),” he told popular Quebec television talk show Tout le monde en parle a couple of weeks ago.
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/05/...work-and-home/


And you're equating this with taking a plane to Mexico, or the other stuff I mentioned. :nod:



Gozit Dec 21st 2021 7:07 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13082896)
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/05/...work-and-home/


And you're equating this with taking a plane to Mexico, or the other stuff I mentioned. :nod:

Do you not remember Ontarian's being fined last year for going to their cottages?

This is the same thing. It even says summer residence in the article you quoted.

Danny B Dec 21st 2021 7:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 13082871)
Mass over-reaction then on the parts of most EU and Canadian provincial governments with the re-introduction of lockdowns and restrictions. Absolutely appalling.

I'd be interested to know how unvaccinated South Africa can handle Omicron without a single death in 4 weeks, but 70% vaccinated Britain with its “enviable NHS” is in an emergency? It doesn't make sense.

Siouxie Dec 21st 2021 7:47 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 13082917)
I'd be interested to know how unvaccinated South Africa can handle Omicron without a single death in 4 weeks, but 70% vaccinated Britain with its “enviable NHS” is in an emergency? It doesn't make sense.

:confused: Stats for 21st December - they are updated daily...
https://www.nicd.ac.za/latest-confir...december-2021/

Today the institute reports 15,424 new COVID-19 cases that have been identified in South Africa, ....... This increase represents a 27.6% positivity rate.

As per the National Department of Health, a further 35 COVID-19 related deaths have been reported,

BristolUK Dec 21st 2021 9:02 pm

Re: Coronavirus
 

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 13082903)
Do you not remember Ontarian's being fined last year for going to their cottages?

Yes I do.

This is the same thing. It even says summer residence in the article you quoted.
Summer being when he's not working at his normal place of work when Parliament sits. You see it's just not the same thing. It's like any MP where they have their home and they have a second place convenient for 'the house'. They even get expenses for that situation because it's something out of the norm.
But more important and for the last time, as per my original post, it does not compare to the other bad examples that made the news where people went on holiday to other countries or travelled the length of England to visit other members of the family for their birthday and retirement celebrations and then went on another 'eyesight testing' drive while there..


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.