Coronavirus

Old Sep 14th 2021, 8:34 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

I think a lot of busy establishments will pay as much attention to the vaccine scan results as this guy did his full body searches

Old Sep 14th 2021, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

He was probably told not to actually touch the person.

Originally Posted by Danny B
I think a lot of busy establishments will pay as much attention to the vaccine scan results as this guy did his full body searches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=426xDNL0n2c

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 14th 2021 at 9:03 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Yes he may want to be careful indeed. Apparently anyone can download the necessary software needed, which I guess makes sense since the restrictions are fairly widespread and I see no way the government could provide it to just the places who need it, as every little out of the way, few know about coffee shops, and such need it, I wouldn't be surprised if some small places without a tech department even bother with scanning it.

I haven't even downloaded mine, I never go anywhere on the list where its required, and I don't have a printer and 90% of the time I don't have a smart phone on me, so why rush to get it just to save it on my desk top which well I guess I could get a pull wagon, and generator and pull it around with me, but it is easier just to avoid the non-essential places on the list, none of which I even utilize in my day to day life.
OH got the paper copy this morning in the mail.

He went online last Thursday, tried to download to his computer so he could print it out, and the download didn't work, so he phoned the number, told them what had happened.

A nice lady (he said) went through it with him again, then said "It should come in the mail in about 10 days".

As I said, it arrived this morning.

So you can get one by phoning. No cost.

You never know ................ it might be necessary if you need to go to hospital, or to a store like Walmart. Don't look at that list, think about where you might want or need to go, and get one just in case.

We don't have a smart phone, and don't want to get one, so paper copy for each of us.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 14th 2021 at 10:24 pm. Reason: Fixed quote. Plse check your post after quoting
Old Sep 14th 2021, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Only reason I would be going to a hospital is as a patient, and I find it very unlikely that essential medical care would be denied over not having it.

Plus I never leave home anymore, I have become an isolated hermit.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 14th 2021 at 10:25 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 11:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Only reason I would be going to a hospital is as a patient, and I find it very unlikely that essential medical care would be denied over not having it. Plus I never leave home anymore, I have become an isolated hermit.
I think if you had to go to the hospital and it was an emergency they'd just rapid test you. That's what they did to me when I got hurt.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
I think if you had to go to the hospital and it was an emergency they'd just rapid test you. That's what they did to me when I got hurt.
They didn't even do that when I was in the ER a couple months ago, they didn't even ask COVID screening questions, and the person in the next bed was only about 4 feet away, impossible to maintain the 6 feet the sign on the wall said.

Other than signs on the wall about COVID there was no difference between that visit and any other I have made in my life, except it was quieter, less people than typical but it was before this current wave.

Plus the government has made it quite clear people cannot be denied healthcare due to vaccine status, you don't even need to be vaccinated to access healthcare, the College Of Physicians has stated the same as a reminder to doctors who have tried to deny unvaccinated access to medical care.

Pretty low risk my wife would end up in hospital and I would be visiting, but good chance they may not even let visitors into the mental health ward as while patients have rooms, they (any hospital I have been admitted to anyhow) generally do not permit mental health patients to bring visitors to said rooms, and visitation has to take place in the open area in view of nurses, kind of like a prison movie in a way.

It's due to the fact many in mental health wards have addiction issues and well their friends and family will bring drugs, oh and patients have been known to bring people to their rooms to have sex, the mental health ward can get a tad kinky wild sometimes.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 14th 2021 at 11:31 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 12:03 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Our numbers are crap but the hospitality business is just starting to come back, so nobody's counting on the provincial government to bring in any serious counter-measures.

Old Sep 15th 2021, 4:47 am
Account Closed

BC Nurses union is against vaccine mandate which they had already made clear a few weeks ago. I get the point of the union pointing out there is a nursing shortage so firing nurses for not vaccinating would make things worse, not like a nurse can be trained quickly its 4 to 5 years of education, and there are already not enough applicants.

https://globalnews.ca/video/8191235/...kers/#autoplay
Old Sep 15th 2021, 6:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Alberta healthcare system on verge of collapse as Covid cases and anti-vax sentiments rise
Alberta has long boasted of its loose coronavirus restrictions – including advertising the previous months as the “best summer ever” as it rolled back those few restrictions...In a province with a long history of skepticism towards government, the pandemic has become fertile ground for protests and anti-vaccine rhetoric, including from elected officials, firefighters and police officers. During the ongoing federal election, the People’s Party of Canada, a fringe rightwing party that has come out against public health measures has seen its largest support base in rural Alberta.

Old Sep 15th 2021, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

Alberta isn't alone, parts of BC have a healthcare system on the verge of collapse as well, Kamloops hospital and Prince George seem particularly bad, massive nursing shortage as well, a lady died in Kamloops ER in the waiting room, 24 nurses is what that area should have had staffing wise, but due to the shortage apparently only 3 nurses actually working.

However our government is placing restrictions in place and mandatory vaccines for certain groups of workers, so not quite the same, but the right wing loons are still spreading COVID like wildfire with their inability to get vaccinated, and their idiotic protests.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Alberta isn't alone, parts of BC have a healthcare system on the verge of collapse as well, Kamloops hospital and Prince George seem particularly bad, massive nursing shortage as well, a lady died in Kamloops ER in the waiting room, 24 nurses is what that area should have had staffing wise, but due to the shortage apparently only 3 nurses actually working.

However our government is placing restrictions in place and mandatory vaccines for certain groups of workers, so not quite the same, but the right wing loons are still spreading COVID like wildfire with their inability to get vaccinated, and their idiotic protests.
Are the political preferences of those admitted to hospital collected in BC? Are you able to point to any evidence that those spreading Covid are "right wing loons"? If you do, let's see it please as that would contradict the evidence that I referred to above.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 7:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Are the political preferences of those admitted to hospital collected in BC? Are you able to point to any evidence that those spreading Covid are "right wing loons"? If you do, let's see it please as that would contradict the evidence that I referred to above.
Aren't people admitted to hospital for covid now necessarily right wing loons? If they were not they'd be vaccinated and wouldn't need to be admitted.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 8:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Aren't people admitted to hospital for covid now necessarily right wing loons? If they were not they'd be vaccinated and wouldn't need to be admitted.

You are a wind up merchant, indeed! There are people who have been fully vaccinated who have been a) admitted to hospital and b) are in ICU - it's not just the loony left or right!

That's the problem - many fully vaccinated people believe themselves invincible - they are the dangerous ones, the ones who think because they are vaccinated they a) can't catch it and b) can't pass it on - and don't bother taking basic precautions!

Old Sep 15th 2021, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

It's certainly not the fully vaccinated filling up the ICU's in BC

The people in BC make it easy the anti-vaxx tend to make it well known what their political leanings are, they even organize big group gatherings holding signs straight from the Trump playbook, and well the right leaning areas of BC have the highest case loads and lowest vaccination rates.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 15th 2021 at 9:19 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2021, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
There are 2 things wrong with that assumption. Fully vaccinated are being admitted. Those that are not vaccinated are most likely to be 41 year old female Liberal voters, if my memory serves me correctly. I appreciate that such people may be loons, but I hardly think they would be deemed to be "right wing," although I accept that I may be wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.