Coronavirus

Old Apr 27th 2021, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Please keep in mind that this is the Canada forum... if you want to post about your experiences on getting the Covid vaccine in the USA please post to: https://britishexpats.com/forum/take...art-ii-931990/
Cheers!
The relevance here is actually that I am a Canadian simply reporting in here for the benefit of any compatriot who may be wondering about options, given the present procurement & perforced 4mo dose-spacing debacle that's playing out in Ottawa.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 7:20 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep in mind that this is the Canada forum... if you want to post about your experiences on getting the Covid vaccine in the USA please post to: https://britishexpats.com/forum/take...art-ii-931990/
Cheers!
Originally Posted by vinegarboy
The relevance here is actually that I am a Canadian simply reporting in here for the benefit of any compatriot who may be wondering about options, given the present procurement & perforced 4mo dose-spacing debacle that's playing out in Ottawa.
I'd suggest "The Maple Leaf" group description that has been the same for the 15 years I've been on this forum needs to be updated then. Last I looked it was supposed to be all about off topic conversation between folk where they can have fun and engage.

Old Apr 27th 2021, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I'd suggest "The Maple Leaf" group description that has been the same for the 15 years I've been on this forum needs to be updated then. Last I looked it was supposed to be all about off topic conversation between folk where they can have fun and engage.
Sticklers for nice neat bureaucratic proprieties have always gotten my goat throughout life.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 7:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!
It was a gentle reminder.. a request.. my next step can be deleting any off topic posts, if you would prefer..

15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

A Quebec woman who received the AZ vaccine has died due to a clot, 54 years old.

I wont lie, even with the 1 in 100,000 chance the article mentions, its still a worry, I probably should have waited, the anxiety this is causing during the few weeks of highest risk is getting to me...
Old Apr 27th 2021, 8:26 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
A Quebec woman who received the AZ vaccine has died due to a clot, 54 years old.

I wont lie, even with the 1 in 100,000 chance the article mentions, its still a worry, I probably should have waited, the anxiety this is causing during the few weeks of highest risk is getting to me...
You did the right thing getting the vaccine.

The threat of covid is far greater and when you look at the success of the vaccine elsewhere it is our best and fastest path back to a more normal existence.

Old Apr 27th 2021, 8:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The threat of covid is far greater and when you look at the success of the vaccine elsewhere it is our best and fastest path back to a more normal existence.
+1
Old Apr 27th 2021, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
+1

Odds are on my side, just worrying is all, especially with a headache that just wont go away, but doctor said its nothing, so I will take the doctors word that it is nothing, I assume they know what they are doing.

Old Apr 28th 2021, 1:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.

A gentle nudge, for the above site rules.

That said, this is the Maple Leaf, and not the main Canadian forum where the "serious" topics are reserved for, so related thread drift is allowed as a fluid dynamic that threads go, especially long standing threads, with the usual caveats of no posting of illegal content, threatening behaviour etc, etc and all that good stuff
Old Apr 28th 2021, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Too much over thinking going on regarding the vaccines. When I had an operation a few years back the doctor said there was a 2% chance I wouldn't make it which at the time didn't even make me blink as I looked on it as a 98% chance of success. The 1in 100,000 (in realality 1 in a million) are odds that count on a population scale but that no particular individual should be concerned about.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

With 70% of Pt. Roberts vaccinated now, the fire chief wants to help vaccinate BC, if he can get state, federal and Canadian governments to permit it.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...s-to-canadians

The idea would be people would only be permitted to drive, would remain in their cars the entire time, get shot, then return back to Canada. The article doesn't mention it, but yesterday it was reported it would be limited to US Citizens living in BC and Canadian's who own property in Pt. Roberts to start out with. 75% of property owned in Pt. Roberts is owned by Canadians.

BC currently has roughly 35% of the population with at least 1 dose.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 28th 2021 at 3:34 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 3:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

With 70% of Pt. Roberts vaccinated now, the fire chief wants to help vaccinate BC, if he can get state, federal and Canadian governments to permit it.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...s-to-canadians

The idea would be people would only be permitted to drive, would remain in their cars the entire time, get shot, then return back to Canada. The article doesn't mention it, but yesterday it was reported it would be limited to US Citizens living in BC and Canadian's who own property in Pt. Roberts to start out with. 75% of property owned in Pt. Roberts is owned by Canadians.

BC currently has roughly 35% of the population with at least 1 dose.
I think that is a great idea, why not let the US vaccinate people if Canada can’t do it? Both the UK and US has vaccinated approx 60% of the population.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 28th 2021 at 3:49 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 4:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Nobody I know has had to pay to be vaccinated, I certainly did not.

I only have had one test and that was free but that seems a different situation as some you certainly pay for.
I most certainly did. It was billed to my supplemental healthcare insurance which sends me a copy quarterly of all transactions.

I'm a senior on medicare with a supplemental. So while they state the vaccine is free, it would appear that medicare billed my supplemental insurance and was reimbursed for the vaccine.

Covid-19 vaccines are free to consumers and vaccination providers because the federal government paid manufacturers to produce and deliver vaccines.Apr 16, 2021

Last edited by Rete; Apr 28th 2021 at 4:21 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 4:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinegarboy
Initiative, as always, is at a premium. I neither queue-jumped nor stole nor misrepresented myself down here in any way, shape, or form in order to get myself vaccinated. I merely hoofed it down to the local pharmacy & volunteered myself to receive any Pfizer that was end-of-day expiring, which they would otherwise have had to throw out. So, in essence, & apart from the pharmacist's (private-sector) time to administer it, I basically got vaccinated out of the U.S. taxpayers' (your) trash bin, for which I am, honestly, thankful. So thanks.

Didn't say you did and yes, it is great that you got it. It is definitely a must-do thing for all people in the US. I know too many people here in the south still waiting for themselves to become eligible to get the vaccine. It took my sister and brother-in-law in Florida 8 weeks to finally schedule an appointment and then one of them had to cross the width of Florida to get it.

Old Apr 28th 2021, 4:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think that is a great idea, why not let the US vaccinate people if Canada can’t do it? Both the UK and US has vaccinated approx 60% of the population.
Here is the official figure on fully vaccinated US population:

"The news comes as the United States continues its effort to vaccinate as many Americans as quickly as possible. The CDC reported Sunday that 95 million people -- about 28.5% of the population -- have been fully vaccinated.3 days
ago"

According to Canada:

"The prime minister says 30 percent of eligible adults in Canada have received at least one vaccine.5 days ago"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.