Coronavirus

Old Apr 7th 2021, 9:12 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Saskatchewan has extended lockdown until at least April 26th.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...2021-1.5978364
Old Apr 7th 2021, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Government- Please don't travel.

People- Let's travel

Government- it's outrageous people are travelling, but we have no plans to restrict it.

And they wonder why people continue to travel.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...inue-1.5978321
Old Apr 7th 2021, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Government- Please don't travel.

People- Let's travel

Government- it's outrageous people are travelling, but we have no plans to restrict it.

And they wonder why people continue to travel.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...inue-1.5978321
Those who've travelled down to the U.S. are currently receiving their two shots in the U.S., for free, & within the mfr-recommended number of weeks between shots; and they certainly won't require any of the dose inventory back home in Canada. So they'll be returning home fully vaccinated not partially/experimentally.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 10:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinegarboy
Those who've travelled down to the U.S. are currently receiving their two shots in the U.S., for free, & within the mfr-recommended number of weeks between shots; and they certainly won't require any of the dose inventory back home in Canada. So they'll be returning home fully vaccinated not partially/experimentally.
Some states require proof of residency.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Some states require proof of residency.
In order to register per the state's official system in order to be able to book an appointment to be vaccinated; but in actual found fact on-the-ground anyone off the street with an ID (American or foreign) can just go to a vaccination site and volunteer themselves to be the recipient of an end-of-day expiring (temperature-wise) Pfizer shot (& be given a booking for the second shot afterwards). As always, there's no substitute for local knowledge & Canadian initiative/gumption to '"get 'er done."
Old Apr 7th 2021, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinegarboy
If it wasn't a pain to get back into Canada, I would travel to California in May, but the return to Canada with hotel, testing, and quarantine and costs not sure its worth it for me, the costs for the hotel seem rather steep.

The article was about travel within BC mainly, so nobody was travelling for vaccines but for leisure over the long weekend.

Canucks team 21 players positive + 4 staff members, all confirmed to have a variant but the variant isn't known yet.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/can...te/c-323372680

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 7th 2021 at 11:26 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

If it wasn't a pain to get back into Canada, I would travel to California in May, but the return to Canada with hotel, testing, and quarantine and costs not sure its worth it for me, the costs for the hotel seem rather steep.

The article was about travel within BC mainly, so nobody was travelling for vaccines but for leisure over the long weekend.

Canucks team 21 players positive + 4 staff members, all confirmed to have a variant but the variant isn't known yet.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/can...te/c-323372680
Don't worry, as it looks as though the Americans will be awash with excess vaccine inventory within just a couple of months, at which point I can easily see them sending trucks of the stuff North to help us out. It'd just be the neighbourly thing to do, and were the situation reversed I'm sure that we'd have done likewise for them (and for Mexico etc., too). So sit tight, stay safe, and just hang in there.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 11:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

If they don't come up with it right away it will be The Hockey Strain or The Canucks Strain, and there isn't anything they can do about it.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DartManson
All we can do now is stay at home and wear masks if we have to go out. All trips to the street should be reduced to a minimum time. I don't even go out for groceries right now, I order delivery. After I receive the products, I treat the packages with antiseptic and I move the product itself to another container. You need to protect yourself more
If you are living in India maybe. Come on its one thing being careful and wearing a mask when inside but wiping packaging and transferring stuff? I am not aware of any specific data that suggests touching groceries or other stuff is causing spread or illness. I believe this is still a very limited possibility that was initially a concern but has since dropped down the list of potential threats.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 3:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
If you are living in India maybe. Come on its one thing being careful and wearing a mask when inside but wiping packaging and transferring stuff? I am not aware of any specific data that suggests touching groceries or other stuff is causing spread or illness. I believe this is still a very limited possibility that was initially a concern but has since dropped down the list of potential threats.
i also wipe down all groceries - and have done since this started even though apparently it's no longer thought absolutely necessary - I just feel better doing so, thinking of all the people who have potentially handled it.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7330213/c...faces-experts/
Old Apr 8th 2021, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
i also wipe down all groceries - and have done since this started even though apparently it's no longer thought absolutely necessary - I just feel better doing so, thinking of all the people who have potentially handled it.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7330213/c...faces-experts/
I just leave things a couple of days on the shelf before using, & wash hands after handling fridge/frozen stuff. I don't bother wiping anything now, but I was doing that a year ago.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 12:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
I am not aware of any specific data that suggests touching groceries or other stuff is causing spread or illness. I believe this is still a very limited possibility that was initially a concern but has since dropped down the list of potential threats.
And yet when I had my first jab on Tuesday, the chairs in the recovery area are wiped down after you use one; the conveyor belts are swabbed down between use at the supermarkets with the number pads done similarly etc

I agree the risk is not great but these things are still done.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the US they seemed to have stopped all that, long time since I have seen that done.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:46 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

How long before the PHO shuts down BC? My guess is within 2 weeks at this rate.

I better check how much loo roll I have left before people start panic buying again.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
And yet when I had my first jab on Tuesday, the chairs in the recovery area are wiped down after you use one; the conveyor belts are swabbed down between use at the supermarkets with the number pads done similarly etc

I agree the risk is not great but these things are still done.
Agreed it used to happen but lately i am noticing it less and less. The other day we were in Presidents Choice and there was something all over the belt, sugar, flour i am not sure but until we asked she was not going to wipe it. Also notice coffee shops not cleaning all tables well after each use, again some do but often limited staff and nobody keeps a check, we have asked several times for a cloth to wipe table and then somebody springs into action. One store in the mall was super careful and wiped counter after every customer and debit machine too but this seems to be a small percentage now. Maybe since our numbers are increasing we will see it more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.